Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc new lands ( a discovery of new lands adventure rp)

The Pixelated Pony

we are members of an exploration team serching for new lands for our ever expanding race. but during a storm our ship the S.S Explorer wrecked of the coast of an island and is no longer sea worthy we are stranded on this island we have sent a distress call but do not know if it has reached mainland all we can do is try too survive until they arive... if they ever do.

application sheet

NAME:

HOMETOWN:

RACE:

BACKSTORY:

CREW POSITION:

rp link here: https://mlpforums.com/topic/129934-new-lands/

(edited)

Alright, this sounds like it has potential. What direction will the scouting party be headed in? North, into the frozen wastes? South, into the harsh desert? Over the ocean, looking for islands? Into the swamps? Jungles? I would suggest you take a look at the 'official' map, and try to expand upon it a little.

Edited by Nom de Plume

East? Okay, that's a desert, right? Now there are two more things to do. First, and more important, is the story. Where do they find the habitable area? Is it an oasis, or a sheltered valley? A large, flat mesa-top? How do they get there? Are they blown off-course by a sandstorm with no way home, leaving them stranded in the wilderness? Was it just a dangerous trek into uncharted territory? Then try googling some desert-dwelling monsters, and see if there's anything you'd like your players to face.

Okay; I get east and west flipped around sometimes. Looking for islands, then, or even a whole new continent? Sounds awesome! Same thing, though. Do a little bit of research, come up with some story ideas, and build off of them. Maybe they find their goal, but a shipwreck leaves them stranded. Maybe they have to negotiate for land with the people who already live there. Are the natives ponies, or something else? Is there a language barrier? Are there sea-monsters they have to fight? Come up with a few situations, but be flexible. The players might put you in a position where you can't use one or more of your ideas. It's a hard balance to find, but you'll hit it eventually.

Okay; I get east and west flipped around sometimes. Looking for islands, then, or even a whole new continent? Sounds awesome! Same thing, though. Do a little bit of research, come up with some story ideas, and build off of them. Maybe they find their goal, but a shipwreck leaves them stranded. Maybe they have to negotiate for land with the people who already live there. Are the natives ponies, or something else? Is there a language barrier? Are there sea-monsters they have to fight? Come up with a few situations, but be flexible. The players might put you in a position where you can't use one or more of your ideas. It's a hard balance to find, but you'll hit it eventually.

i like your ideas would you be interested in a place?

This sounds interesting to me may i join with Beraha he may come in handy if you plan on there being dragons in the new land since his goal in life is to bring dragons and ponies together in peace

yep i think your qualified!

ok im gonna run through the story 

you are a crew member on the S.S umm someone come up with that the S.S *blank* was hit by a sudden storm when serching for new lands it has now  wrecked of the coast of an unmapped island although this is goosd news for we have found new land it is also bad news as the way home is damaged byond ripare you must survive long enough for someone to arive ... if they ever do