Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

MAIKUN

(edited)

So today when I was surfing through the Internet and visiting the Equestria Daily website at the same time. And I found an article on SDCC 2015. Well, according to some user named: The_Pointillist and said that DHX Media might end G4 after the movie in 2017 before moving onto Generation 5 or spin-offs follow from there.  It looks like we might get some news on the 2017 movie, Late Season 5 or Season 6 and of course the new Friendship Games movie in the Equestria Girls trilogy.

BUT...I don't want G4 to end, I want G4 to live on forever and ever. I mean why not split G4 into G4.1 or G4.2 for example and use the same art style like they did it in the show and the Equestria Girls movies too. Plus I'm hoping they would announce the future of MLP:FiM...I'm hoping that they could announce a CMC spinoff series, BUT this could be awesome! If they do that, I might be a showrunner and end up working with Jim Miller and Jayson Thiessen at DHX Media Vancouver, that would be 200% super cool.

THE POINT IS: Why not DHX expand its staff? That would a great idea, that way: DHX can let one group on MLP, another on EG as well as the upcoming 2017 movie and the would-be CMC spin-off series (set in the same time, I meant present time as blank flanks though)

G4.0 = Main series and movie

G4.1 = Equestria Girls

G4.2 = CMC spin-off series (MAYBE)

So our Educated Guesses from The_Pointillist at SDCC 2015 might happen or NOT happen:

--Hype for Late Season 5 Episodes. Hints of an "Everything Changes" Scenario moving into Season 6.

--First official announcements concerning the 2017 movie, and whether or not there was any truth to the leaked Sony emails.

--Then a little bit of "slipped" begrudging commentary concerning Season 6. The goal will be to have everything but the animation for it done by the end of Season 5 so that there's a minimal hiatus. Minimal meaning "not none, but not years and years worth of it either".

--Some animation for Season 6 will be done before the end of Season 5, lending more support than usual to a "2 to 3 week hiatus/cliff-hanger" scenario.

--DHX will actually say FiM/Gen 4 ends with the 2017 movie, and that Gen 5 and/or spinoffs follow from there.  (We'll have to wait and see then)

--A more casual, up-rated take on FiM appears on a new network, that isn't on Discovery Family.

Link to article on the SDDC 2015 MLP panel: http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/05/sdcc-my-little-pony-panel-gets-time.html

Edited by MAIKUN
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

I'd be okay with them ending G4 and moving to G5 as long as the stick with the same staff and keep it within the same canon. 

Everything comes to an end eventually. So long as they keep making quality pony material, I can deal with this, even if that means seeing less of the current cast of characters. (and that they don't take too long to actually move into G5)

I guess we'll have to wait and see, though. Seems like nothing is completely confirmed at this point.

Edited by Banul
  • Brohoof 1

I know what you're saying, BUT I just said that before: I said "I don't want G4 to end, I want G4 to live on forever and ever. I mean why not split G4 into G4.1 or G4.2 for example and use the same art style like they did it in the show and the Equestria Girls movies too." and my idea for DHX to expand its staff.

• Brohoof 2

Not gonna believe anything until clear evidence is provided. I'm fine if G4 ends with the movie, with more G4 spinnoffs alongside G5 or not, as long as FiM has a satisfactory ending. I'm expecting at least an Equestria Girls spinoff, Hasbro might want to expand their weapon against Mattel's Monster High. A CMCs spinnoff would be fine too ^^. I don't see problems with either of them showing alongside G5, after all, I still see G3 theme party stuff around  :P

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Not gonna believe anything until clear evidence is provided. I'm fine if G4 ends with the movie, with more G4 spinnoffs alongside G5 or not, as long as FiM has a satisfactory ending. I'm expecting at least an Equestria Girls spinoff, Hasbro might want to expand their weapon against Mattel's Monster High. A CMCs spinnoff would be fine too ^^. I don't see problems with either of them showing alongside G5, after all, I still see G3 theme party stuff around  :P

Yup. I agreed with you Steve Piranha. A CMC spinoff would be cool as well as an Equestria Girls spinoff. Like you mate, I also don't see problems with either of them showing alongside G5, after all. And I don't think I'm ready for Generation 5 yet.

Edited by MAIKUN
  • Brohoof 2

Yup. I agreed with you Steve Piranha. A CMC spinoff would be cool as well as an Equestria Girls spinoff. Like you mate, I also don't see problems with either of them showing alongside G5, after all. And I don't think I'm ready for Generation 5 yet.

Now that I think about it, and EG spinoff starring older CMC could make sense too if they wanna stop using the Mane6  :lol:

• Brohoof 1

Even if G4 is ending after the movie that still means we've got another good one or two more seasons. Although I think the panel will most likely revolve around EG as S5 will still be airing and I doubt they'll be showing off anything from S6 at this point. 

• Brohoof 3

If it does end with the movie, I wouldn't mind. Movies are usually the fitting way to end cartoons. Ed, Ed, n Eddy ended with a movie and it was grand. They usually allow for enough time to tie up any and all loose ends. 

And don't worry about the show ending soon, the movie is not slated to come out until 2017, 2 years from now. Besides, it's better for a show to end while it's good than go on till the new episodes suck.

• Brohoof 6

I don't want G4 to end! i really love this series and Equestria girls! please spare me!

Me too SunsetMaster, I mean why not DHX expand their staff to form a studio to focus on MLP G4 content?

• Brohoof 1

Me too SunsetMaster, I mean why not DHX expand their staff to form a studio to focus on MLP G4 content?

That is actually a awesome idea! they should do that

:lol::) :okiedokielokie: :blink: :blink:

• Brohoof 2

If it does end with the movie, I wouldn't mind. Movies are usually the fitting way to end cartoons. Ed, Ed, n Eddy ended with a movie and it was grand. They usually allow for enough time to tie up any and all loose ends. 

And don't worry about the show ending soon, the movie is not slated to come out until 2017, 2 years from now. Besides, it's better for a show to end while it's good than go on till the new episodes suck.

Like Spongebob? heck, the first movie would've been a perfect finale for it  >_>

• Brohoof 4

Afraid not you guys...It will be just like SpongeBob SquarePants (one of the never-ending series alongside Crayon Shin-chan and Doraemon)

• Brohoof 2

As far as I remember, the G4 line was supposed to go  to be 9 years in total (at least the toy line and by most fan theory the show with it), so more or less 3 full story arcs if were going with the idea that MLP tells 3 seasons worth of one type of arch, such as S1 to 3: Twilight's arc to Princessdom and the growth of Friendship with the bearers of harmony, while the current one is  S4 - 6: Princess Twilight's  and Friends as they crusaders of friendship. 
Now if this has changed, then so be it, but frankly unless DHX is tired of working on G4 and Hasbro thinks the money train on this generation is slowing down and it’s ready to look to something new, I highly doubt they will want to end the series with the movie. In fact I personally thought they were going to us the movie to launch the final three seasons. 

Think about it. The movie would most likely come between after season 6 and before season 7, since it’s totally a full pony film, it will most likely be fully canon and thus they can have something climatic happen that will launch us into season 7 as the “final acts of friendship”. Fast forward three more seasons and have season 9 be short just like season 3 and most likely season 6 and have another pony movie conclude the series. I can’t tell you how much money Hasbro would make from structuring the rest of the series like this, but I will put my hoof on it, that it would be a lot since both movies would have HUGE ties with merch and the hype between the movies through seasons 7 to 9 would be tremendous. 

As for any spin offs, I think there possible, but I think the Hasbro and DHX will have to think hard about how to tie it into the G4 line without causing the issues they already with other tie in products. Hasbro and DHX has already shot themselves in the preverbal hoof with saying both the books and comics are not canon, thus making it pointless for fans to really read them since there more or less reading for pay fanfics at this point. So if they do plan for any spin offs, they better know how to tie it in and not pulls BS later on. 
  • Brohoof 1

As far as I remember, the G4 line was supposed to go  to be 9 years in total (at least the toy line and by most fan theory the show with it), so more or less 3 full story arcs if were going with the idea that MLP tells 3 seasons worth of one type of arch, such as S1 to 3: Twilight's arc to Princessdom and the growth of Friendship with the bearers of harmony, while the current one is  S4 - 6: Princess Twilight's  and Friends as they crusaders of friendship. 

Now if this has changed, then so be it, but frankly unless DHX is tired of working on G4 and Hasbro thinks the money train on this generation is slowing down and it’s ready to look to something new, I highly doubt they will want to end the series with the movie. In fact I personally thought they were going to us the movie to launch the final three seasons. 

Think about it. The movie would most likely come between after season 6 and before season 7, since it’s totally a full pony film, it will most likely be fully canon and thus they can have something climatic happen that will launch us into season 7 as the “final acts of friendship”. Fast forward three more seasons and have season 9 be short just like season 3 and most likely season 6 and have another pony movie conclude the series. I can’t tell you how much money Hasbro would make from structuring the rest of the series like this, but I will put my hoof on it, that it would be a lot since both movies would have HUGE ties with merch and the hype between the movies through seasons 7 to 9 would be tremendous. 

As for any spin offs, I think there possible, but I think the Hasbro and DHX will have to think hard about how to tie it into the G4 line without causing the issues they already with other tie in products. Hasbro and DHX has already shot themselves in the preverbal hoof with saying both the books and comics are not canon, thus making it pointless for fans to really read them since there more or less reading for pay fanfics at this point. So if they do plan for any spin offs, they better know how to tie it in and not pulls BS later on.

Objection! As for your information, the books and comics should be canon by now. Plus, what IF Hasbro and DHX establish a studio focusing on future MLP G4 content so we can get on with it! Like you said that before TeaCrumpet: If they plan a spinoff with no relations to the show, they better know the best how to tie it in and not pull some BS later on.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Like a lot of people are saying, MLP might just branch off into other things.

For example, MLP might just become MLP:FiM and MLP:EqG.

I'd like to point out something. The the target demographic of FiM is becoming older.

FiM started in 2010. It was aimed towards 4-6 year-old girls.

Now, those children that the show was originally targeting are now, what, 10 or 11 years-old?

I'm pretty sure kids that age wouldn't be watching a show about pastel-colored horses.

*bronies*

In all seriousness, the target demographic is starting to become more mature, and they're straying away from FiM. That's why DHX created EqG. 

My theory is that, like I stated above, MLP will split up into FiM and EqG. FiM will be focused on, again, 4-6 year-olds. EqG will be focused on the original target demographic, the children who grew up watching FiM. FiM might (A BIG MIGHT) continue if we bronies keep fueling it. Of course, we still have to keep buying merchandise and even helping out DHX.

When I mean help out with DHX, I MEAN IT. Take Zachary Rich, maker of Double Rainboom. If he can make a full episode with very little to no help from DHX, who knows how powerful us creative bronies can be WITH DHX's help?

-EDIT: Did I seriously just rephrase everything that everybody said above? Alright...-

It's going to be a true pain in the ass for DHX to have two MLP cartoons running parallel, but it's just a theory.

Anyways, @MAIKUN , great discussion. Keep the theories flowing in.

Edited by norcalforneigh
  • Brohoof 3

Objection! As for your information, the books and comics should be canon by now. Plus, what IF Hasbro and DHX establish a studio focusing on future MLP G4 content so we can get on with it! Like you said that before TeaCrumpet: If they plan a spinoff with no relations to the show, they better know the best how to tie it in and not pull some BS later on.

I wish they were, however this is what the official peeps have said about the comics and the books more or less follow suit. 

http://www.equestriadaily.com/2015/02/clarification-on-mlp-comics-vs-show.html- take it for what you will.

Now, if Hasbro and DHX were to work something out it is totally possible for them to do anything and it could very well come out not only as good but better then this gens MLP. However, any spin off or new gen right now would really need to be babied, since G4's cash flow is still really hot and anything less than amazing can and will cause issues within all of the MLP fandom. 

Whether you liked it or not, the EQG movies and possible french TV show is and were Hasbro and DHX's  test baby on how people in the full MLP would react to something like a spin off. On one hand the dems they were going after seemed to like it enough to warrant 3 movies, but it also cause a lot of people both in our side of the fandom as well as in the staff itself to have major mix feels about it from all the interviews....So yah, any new MLP spin/gens are going to need time and work to be able to step into this gens horse shoes. 

Many other beloved shows have ended, and people were still able to move on to something else. Why can't the same be for FIM? Don't you think it be better for the show to end on it's own terms, and be remembered fondly as a (cult) classic? I'm pretty sure the writers would want to work on something else after working on the same show for seven years. Wouldn't you want to see what the people behind MLP come up with next?

That would be much better than MLP becoming the next modern Spongebob. The writing would either be outsourced to people who don't know what their doing, or the current writing staff will have to find ways to bleed MLP dry of any substance, resulting in some of the most uninspired episodes to come. Making a CMC-only show wouldn't make the show fresh and new. On the contrary, it will be limited to CMC episodes, which are already present in FIM (especially if they haven't discovered their talents yet). Most fans will quickly get sick of the show, and the only fans left will be some of the most desperate fanboys who can't move on. It will only sour the show's legacy. Is that really how you want FIM to be remembered?

• Brohoof 3

I am hoping for a CMC spinoff.

Me too Ulrik Raben. I mean let's face it guys: I mean what if Hasbro announced a Cutie Mark Crusaders spin-off series, that would be super cool!!! I would agreed with that. Because that my idea popped in my idea for a sudden reason back maybe like in Summer 2014.

• 5 weeks later...

Meh, most of it will be about IDW comics. I'm not hyped for Equestria Girls. With little hope i expecting this series to finally end with the 3rd movie.

As for tv series, i also hope that they will say something about S6 or at least about characters future development. I doubt they will advance the characters to another generation. Moving the plot into the future and possibly giving mane6 an offspring would require that they first introduce them to male friends. Since only Discord is the only adult male reccuring friend of mane6, there would be no main characters except fluttercord offspring and adult CMC

• Brohoof 1

Meh, most of it will be about IDW comics. I'm not hyped for Equestria Girls. With little hope i expecting this series to finally end with the 3rd movie.

As for tv series, i also hope that they will say something about S6 or at least about characters future development. I doubt they will advance the characters to another generation. Moving the plot into the future and possibly giving mane6 an offspring would require that they first introduce them to male friends. Since only Discord is the only adult male reccuring friend of mane6, there would be no main characters except fluttercord offspring and adult CMC

You're absolutely right Conred, we would see some male friends like Button Mash or some male ponies by now. Except I'm NOT ready to see the adult CMC with their cutie marks yet. It's because I like the Crusaders the way they are by now.