Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

♦ Amber's Guide to Finding your Cutie Mark ♦

AmberDust

Well decided it was going to happen back in Discords reign. But I was just wondering if he should have one or not.

Mmm...probabaly not, I think. Ponies have to get their cutie marks when they're young, but this Phoenix never was young as a pony, so I think it'd make more sense to leave it out.

(Ah, Discord's reign. That makes a little more sense.)

Mmm...probabaly not, I think. Ponies have to get their cutie marks when they're young, but this Phoenix never was young as a pony, so I think it'd make more sense to leave it out.

(Ah, Discord's reign. That makes a little more sense.)

Alright. ^_^ Its something I wanted to check on. And yeah no worries the story is still raw and I'm working on the details. I'll work on it till it makes perfect sense or as close as that can get with Discord involved. . 

• Brohoof 1

I know what the Cutie Mark of my OC, Will Guide, is. The hard part is writing the details of the story of how he got it!

What is his mark, and what does it represent?

What is his mark, and what does it represent?

A book, representing Will Guide's love for knowledge.  Inside its pages are a heart and blue castle , representing his caring nature and Disney, respectively. Behind the book, supporting it is a star, representing his (unofficial) Element of Harmony, Hope.

(edited)

This is my Oc I haven't had much luck with the cutie mark still :( This is how i got it to look but making it smaller is dumifficult for me

post-34220-0-89123500-1435793431_thumb.jpg

post-34220-19552_thumb.jpeg

Edited by CrystalNight
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

A book, representing Will Guide's love for knowledge. Inside its pages are a heart and blue castle , representing his caring nature and Disney, respectively. Behind the book, supporting it is a star, representing his (unofficial) Element of Harmony, Hope.

Okay...I think your mark might be a little too multi-function. I think it's best if you nix the bit about the "Element of Hope", too, since that's double non-canon. ^^' I suggest you choose one thing and go with it. Is it gonna be his academic talent, or his passion for Disney? (Or the mlp equivalent of Disney. Disneigh or something)

Once you decide on ONE THING, coming up with context (as in, how he got his mark,) will be much easier.

This is my Oc I haven't had much luck with the cutie mark still :( This is how i got it to look but making it smaller is dumifficult for me

This cutie mark's design is far too complicated, because you're trying to pack so much information onto one flank. :P I suggest you do what I told Wii Guide to do and pick ONE thing for your cutie mark to represent. Pick whichever one sets your pony apart the MOST, or whichever one best identifies them.

You could go with a simple white snowflake, a wisp of icy wind, a cluster of stars, etc. It's just very important that you don't make it too complicated, or else it'll just look busy and cluttered. Most cutie marks consist if simple shapes and patterns, and are identifiable even when small.

Edited by AmberDust

How Will Guide gets his mark isn't the hardest part to write in his story; It's the details of his first meetings with the Spike and the Mane 6. Although, "Disneigh". Why didn't I see that before? Good one!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
28 minutes ago, Snow Walnut said:

i'm kinda having trouble thinking of a cutie mark that would suit my flora

1121109152_mlp_base__adorable_by_frozengembases-d6yaopf.png.6d8b3fc9d1f47aca84ef5bad0f0d8cbc.png

I just saw this thread I think this is a good idea also if amber is still active I bet they will be surprised to see a new post here the last post appears to be from 2 years ago :P

On 9/19/2018 at 11:14 AM, Dabmanz said:

I just saw this thread I think this is a good idea also if amber is still active I bet they will be surprised to see a new post here the last post appears to be from 2 years ago :P

As a general guide this can be kept up and it's perfectly fine if someone wants to take over this sort of thing in the absence of the active OP. :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/20/2018 at 2:59 PM, Jeric said:

As a general guide this can be kept up and it's perfectly fine if someone wants to take over this sort of thing in the absence of the active OP. :)

Did somebody say "active OP"?

On 9/19/2018 at 10:41 AM, Snow Walnut said:

i'm kinda having trouble thinking of a cutie mark that would suit my flora

1121109152_mlp_base__adorable_by_frozengembases-d6yaopf.png.6d8b3fc9d1f47aca84ef5bad0f0d8cbc.png

How can I help you? :) 

Edited by AmberDust

14 hours ago, AmberDust said:

How can I help you? :) 

actually, i already found a cutiemark that i think will work for her :)

image.png.cbea2120c290aa2321e67b72bee2d7f9.png

here's a bit of info on her, though :mlp_icwudt::

she's a little shy, but she tries to be kind to ponies & animals...   she can be brave at times, but at other times, she gets scared & nervous alot.... she tries to look out for her friends when they're in trouble... she tries to be Assertive when she needs to be.... she really likes animals & flowers...

Edited by Snow Walnut

• 1 year later...

IMG_20200226_170855804.jpgBoop! Two years later, here comes another new post!

I just recently came up with the design for my MLP OC, Azure Rose, and just finished the first concept drawing today as a matter of fact. I had a design in mind for her cutie mark, but my friend pointed out that the same exact design was already taken by a canon pony (Flutterheart) so I had to rework it.

Azure Rose is a Pegasus mare who always has her head in the clouds. She's ditzy, absent-minded and forgetful, but also very kind and friendly towards everyone. Her current cutie mark design is a heart with simple wings above two clouds. It's easy enough to fit into her flank, and I've managed to do so on the drawing. It represents how even though her mind is always fluffy and clouded with her own thoughts, her kindness and generosity rises out of that muddle to help her friends when they need it most. I was just wondering if this was a good/realistic design for her cutie mark. I know you said that it doesn't have to do with talent (and it doesn't in this case), but I'm still having a hard time thinking of an important event in her life that could have given her this mark. On top of that, I'm not entirely sure what I want her color scheme to be. I was thinking a light shade of blue and pink would work, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this first, OP. I'll post a photo of the drawing and a close-up of her cutie mark for ya!IMG_20200226_170859918.jpg

• 8 months later...
On 2/26/2020 at 5:12 PM, Kayotime said:

IMG_20200226_170855804.jpgBoop! Two years later, here comes another new post!

I just recently came up with the design for my MLP OC, Azure Rose, and just finished the first concept drawing today as a matter of fact. I had a design in mind for her cutie mark, but my friend pointed out that the same exact design was already taken by a canon pony (Flutterheart) so I had to rework it.

Azure Rose is a Pegasus mare who always has her head in the clouds. She's ditzy, absent-minded and forgetful, but also very kind and friendly towards everyone. Her current cutie mark design is a heart with simple wings above two clouds. It's easy enough to fit into her flank, and I've managed to do so on the drawing. It represents how even though her mind is always fluffy and clouded with her own thoughts, her kindness and generosity rises out of that muddle to help her friends when they need it most. I was just wondering if this was a good/realistic design for her cutie mark. I know you said that it doesn't have to do with talent (and it doesn't in this case), but I'm still having a hard time thinking of an important event in her life that could have given her this mark. On top of that, I'm not entirely sure what I want her color scheme to be. I was thinking a light shade of blue and pink would work, but I'd like to hear your thoughts on this first, OP. I'll post a photo of the drawing and a close-up of her cutie mark for ya!IMG_20200226_170859918.jpg

I think this is a lovely design! The symbolism is real cute and simple, too.

The colours will be easier to decide if you have a colour scheme already set for the rest of her. Soft blues, pink, and yellow would be pleasant.

As for how she got it, I don't think the event in question has to be too dramatic. It could just be a sweet instance of her putting aside her own daydreams and helping a friend. :) Or maybe including someone into her imaginary game who was all alone previously.