Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Worst entries in franchises you like?

The Coffee Pony

Ultimate Spider-Man: I look at the history of Spider-Man on television and I weep. Okay so when I was toddler in the 90's I was introduced to Spider-Man via Spider-Man the Animated Series. It really shows its age nowadays thanks to the censorship which greatly showcases the uptight standards of the time but it does a fantastic job with what it could get away with. Unfortunately 6 seasons in it got cancelled because the president of Fox Kids held a grudge against Avi Arad and wanted to drive Marvel studios out of business. So as soon as the show reached 65 episodes it was cancelled and the President of the network refused to renew it, leaving a big loose end attached to the show. After that we got Spider-Man Unlimited which was cancelled after a short season. Then we got Spider-Man the New Animated series which was really good and was a mature Spider-Man cartoon and it got cancelled after 11 episodes with a downer ending. Then we got the brilliant Spectacular Spider-Man which was probably the best Spider-Man animated show period and it got cancelled after two seasons. What do we have now? This abomination that's a bad Teen Titans rip-off with an unlikable main cast and incredibly forced humor. Usually when an animated action show uses humor they make it blend well with the serious moments. This does nothing of the sort. This show has a Spider-Man that acts like a complete idiot (to the point where he ignores his own Spider Sense) , breaks the fourth wall and has cut-away gags! One of the things I really hate about the show is they even use this humor at the most inappropriate times!  Whenever there is a potentially serious moment (example, first episode: Peter talks about the his uncle's death) it's as if the show goes "OH WAIT! Hang on a minute, we're a comedy show! THROW IN A CUT-AWAY GAG!!!" and then proceeds to completely ruin it! And believe me I'm not pleased with the staff behind it (which ironically are the writers for the comics and have made good stories). To showcase their arrogance, when Spider-Man fans criticized the show their response was "well you shouldn't expect greatness from a show on Disney XD". THEY KNOW THEIR SHOW SUCKS AND DON'T EVEN CARE!!! But I'm not surprised, the show runner is Joe "One More Day" F**kin' Quesada!! Saddest part? Don't expect a cancellation of the worst Spider-Man Cartoon ever made. It's about to become the longest running Spider-Man cartoon.

Just keep an eye out for my blog. I'm planning a rant article on it.

• Brohoof 1

The accursed The Last Airbender.  I've never actually seen it, but I know enough about the rotten thing to know I would loathe it.

The Sims: The Sims 4 - This game can be faulted for being "more of the same". Normally I hate that complaint, but it fits The Sims 4 to a t, and it's a big problem when it comes to The Sims. A The Sims game is an investment, because EA'll catch you in their web and you'll end up spending all kinds of money in the many different ways they provide "DLC". The fact that The Sims 4 base-game does so little to differentiate itself from The Sims 3, even The Sims 2, is an absolute deal-breaker for a long-time The Sims player as myself. Plus, it's actually worse than The Sims 3.

I believe you here.  I've heard so many bad things about the Sims 4 that I've stayed away from it.

My Little Pony:  G3.5 is definitely the worst.

Pixar: Cars 2.  I want to put Mater into a car compactor and crush him into a tiny cube and then send that cube into the sun.

Disney: I'm tempted to say Peter Pan because it has the most egregious racism, but it still had more entertainment value for me as a child than Saludos Amigos (who thought it was a good idea to intersperse dry documentary in with the cartoons!?).  Eh, screw it egregious racism is worse than boring a child with facts.

• Brohoof 1

In the Disney animated canon I'm sure nobody says "Home on the Range" is there favorite,   :okiedokielokie:

Call of Duty Ghosts is bad (Campaign was decent though, especially a great tank mission)...  But Advanced Warfare redeemed it.

Kings Quest VII (I hate it more than Mask of Eternity...  but I know that's blasphemy)

Zelda: Minish Cap (Sorry this game is not as good as the previous Gameboy Zeldas...  short, slow and the 3D Zelda mechanics don't fit in a 2D game.  Was perfect before)

• Brohoof 1

The walking dead season 2: Just realy boring and apart from bringing in some key characters from the comic and ending shane, the entire season seemed pointless!

MW3: This was a rushed game that was a Ctrl + C of their last games, and scince then (except for BO2) all the games in the COD series have underperformed for me!

AC3: This was the pinicle of a bad game! People can take the mick out of Unity for its glitches and incorect history, but at least it got the AC vibe! AC3 was terrible to play, unrealistic and replaced the Victorian era game that we are getting 4 YEARS LATER! It also killed off Desmond which has realy messed up the "who are you" portion of the video game, which is important to me!

• Brohoof 1

New Super Mario Bros.

The first entry in the series is good, but everything after that was just lacklustre. The games are pretty much the same every time.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Total Drama All Stars really comes to mind.  A season/half season soo bad and filled with a lot of missed opportunities to develop characters such as Courtney and Gwen which ended up being all for nothing and leading to some terrible character derailment and all and all since the episode "Sundae Muddy Sundae" I have lost a lot of interest in the Total Drama franchise and may possible never see another season ever again.

Besides that I would also have to go with Digimon Hunters the Boys Who Leaped Through Time as there was nothing to the show. All it was a monster of the week show and 90-95% filler.

Sure it had a really good opening and the idea of crossing over of characters from the different seasons and universes was nice, but the execution of the later was lackluster at best and wasn't used to it's full potential.  We did get some good action at the final few episodes which were pretty much the only ones that mattered with only a few (less than a handful) of exceptions. But it would have been more satisfying if we got to see more of that through the series with characters from past seasons actually playing a decent sized role or at least a larger role than what we ended up getting.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 1

Seed of Chucky- I love the Child's Play series, but this film is one of the worst sequels, horror movies and one of the worst movies I've ever seen.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Batman

• Batman Forever (1995)
  • Batman & Robin (1997)

Dragon Ball

• Dragon Ball Z: Bio-Broly (1994)
  • Dragon Ball GT (1996)
  • Dragon Ball: Evolution (2008)

Spider-Man

• Ultimate Spider-Man (2012)
  • The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (2014)

Star Trek

• Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989)
  • Star Trek: Voyager (1995)
  • Star Trek: Insurrection (1998)
  • Star Trek: Nemesis (2002)

X-Men

• X-Men Origins: Wolverine (2009)
Edited by Thoix Heoro
  • Brohoof 1

I actually enjoy Call of Duty quite a bit but holy hell did Ghosts suck a big one.

At the risk of getting "exactly" as an answer, the hell is Home on the Range?

Exactly  :smug:

Home_on_the_Range_Poster_Promo.jpg

Easily Disney's weakest movie. Even Chicken Little had it's moments(imo)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Hm... All I can think of is video games. There aren't many franchises I enjoy otherwise that have various iterations. At least not ones I can think of, and I can't give any opinion on MLP because I still haven't seen G3.5 and nothing else MLP has been bad.

So...

The Sims: The Sims 4 - This game can be faulted for being "more of the same". Normally I hate that complaint, but it fits The Sims 4 to a t, and it's a big problem when it comes to The Sims. A The Sims game is an investment, because EA'll catch you in their web and you'll end up spending all kinds of money in the many different ways they provide "DLC". The fact that The Sims 4 base-game does so little to differentiate itself from The Sims 3, even The Sims 2, is an absolute deal-breaker for a long-time The Sims player as myself. Plus, it's actually worse than The Sims 3.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star. This is actually hands-down the worst iteration of any game I have ever played. I mean City Folk and The Sims 4 are pretty bad, but Sticker Star is... just plain sad. You can at least find some resemblance of an Animal Crossing game in City Folk, and a The Sims game in The Sims 4. But Sticker Star is a shell of Paper Mario. It has great visuals you'd expect of Paper Mario, but falls apart everywhere else. For example: The level-up system is gone. You fight enemies with stickers, basically only to get those stickers back. After fighting so many pointless enemy battles, I gave up.

It wasn't completely without charm, but I can't call it a good game. =/

Yeah, I avoided Sims 4 because I've yet to hear anything good about it and I didn't like the sophomoric humour they shoehorned in trailers, and for insulting their own fans.

I definitely avoided Sticker Star after my friend disliked it greatly for the drastic changes the game made.

Now as for mine, let's see....

I didn't like Home Alone 4, mostly because of the massive continuity errors the movie made. If it was supposed to take place between the first and second movies, then it created a lot of errors in it. Just what were they trying to think when they greenlit this mess?

Edited by Magneton
  • Brohoof 1

• Spider-Man 3

Indiana Jones 4

Any Halo not made by Bungie

I'm gonna pre-emptively say Disney Star Wars.  If it's not made by George Lucas, it's not Star Wars.  If it is made by George Lucas, it's not necessarily Star Wars.  :lol:

• Brohoof 2

When you're the best of friends,

having so much fun together...

+1 for Fox and the Hound!

Superman Returns - Bryan Singer's attempt at a reboot/homage of the Donner film was ... well ... abysmal. 

and for some reason he gained Superman like strength and super-fighting skills AND for some reason his blood cures death and terminal disease! NOTHING AT ALL LIKE THE ORIGINAL KHAN!!!

I suspect that they took a page from the Star Trek: Enterprise Augments arc that explained that the augmented humans were physical perfection due to their genetic modifications. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance was basically Square Enix and Disney's way of saying, "We're going to make all the heroes clueless, make the main villain omniscient, retcon everything more than ever, and take a big huge dump on all your nostalgia! Why? Because we need cheap hype for Kingdom Hearts III, that's why!" The unfair gameplay didn't help, either.

Edited by A.V.
  • Brohoof 1

MLP G3/G3.5: Some might say Equestria Girls, but at least those movies try. These are just soulless crap. The specials are about as interesting to watch as watching paint dry and I can't remember any of the characters in it.

Pokemon Dash: This is all I could think of. It's a Pokemon racing game with all the fun of racing games taken out of it. Not much multiplayer and you can only play as Pikachu.

Mario is missing/Mario Teaches Typing: Focuses more on educating than actually providing a fun game. Not much to say.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

In the 007 movies, I pretty much like these ones, which are so bashed upon a lot, Moonraker is a total exception, which is also bashed upon and also hated by me:

#1: Die Another Day - Alright, I understand CGI was so much abused in the film, but I see nothing wrong in it. The gadgetry? Ridiculous, but eh, I'm fine with that invisible Aston Martin.

#2: Diamonds are Forever - Considered the worst of the Connery ones. I actually like it. It's my most favorite Connery as Bond movie. I know Sean didn't want to continue as Bond again, but it was surely a good sequel to On Her Majesty's Secret Service.

#3: A View to a Kill: - I know Moore was old at that time, 58, and therefore was his last film. Had he gotten a chance at The Living Daylights, that would've ruined everything! I see nothing wrong in the film. Not even feeling like a Goldfinger remake.

Edited by TimeyMarey007
  • Brohoof 1

The Total Drama series. Yeah, the comedy can be bland or predictable, but that theme song just forces me to wear my nostalgia shades.

I agree completely with you.. I liked that show for a little while and then I hated it. The newer seasons just got worse and worse... e.e

• Brohoof 2

Disney: Chicken Little: animation was pretty ugly, story was cruel. Why do they all hate Chicken Little again? Also, his had is so shallow on how he treats his kid.

Pixar: Cars 2: What happens when you try to make a Pixar films a Disney cheapqueal.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Microsoft OSes:

-Windows ME: Say what you want about Windows 8, but at least that performed well. This operating system literally crashes at the drop of a hat and introduced a lot of things that were glitchy in the OS and were luckily improved with future Windows OSes.

-Windows Vista: Again, unless you had xXx_MLGSuperComputer_xXx, it crashed and was buggy. No wonder people were still supporting XP after Vista came out.

Crash Bandicoot:

-Crash of the Titans/Mind Over Mutant: Neither of these are really the WORST games I've ever played, but they both have the same problem: overuse of annoying gimmicks and overall bland platforming.

Spyro the Dragon:

-Skylanders: The game itself is pretty bad and, like Titans and MoM, it contains rather bland platforming, and the whole "Skylander" toy gimmick (being necessary, too) was just a money trap.

-Enter the Dragonfly: Let's just say it's the "Sonic 06" or "Sonic Boom" of Spyro games.

Edited by Angry Cartoon Nerd
  • Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

I was recently reminded of another particular entry for this thread.

Tekken 6. Ugh. I loved Tekken 3, it was amazing and the games afterwards were all pretty good. Even Dark Resurrection on the PSP was awesome. I recently played Tekken 6 again and it is just so...bad. The graphical style is incredibly muddy looking, the fighting feels way more blocky than in past games and the sheer over the top emphasis on juggling is crazy and in my opinion not fun in the slightest. Basically once you get tossed in the air or hit to the ground, your are immediately in danger of over half of your life bar disappearing without any way to defend against it at that point. 

So yeah, I hate Tekken 6.

• Brohoof 1

F.E.A.R 3 in the F.E.A.R series. That game was freakin' terrible.

Assassin's Creed: Black Flag was a no-go for me. The ship gameplay makes me dizzy. I also didn't like the Pokemon anime during the Black/White series. Iris was really annoying.

Disney: Chicken Little: animation was pretty ugly, story was cruel. Why do they all hate Chicken Little again? Also, his had is so shallow on how he treats his kid.

Have you never met any kids ever? They can be merciless to people who are different then them. 
  • Brohoof 1