Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Well, it finally happened

Dr. Nefarious

My mom finally found out about my brony-ness, and her reaction was supprisingly supportive. She just asked me ''Is that picture on your desktop a pony?'' And I said yes, she then responded, ''Because yesterday on TV they were complementing the show'' and then I told her ''You should watch it, it's actually really good.'' Then she said back ''I will! It probably is good''

post-2408-0-52729900-1334235995.jpg

• Brohoof 29

Hahaha! If only everybody could be as accepting and tolerant as that! Your mum sounds like a freaking legend!

Yeah if only...I just wish people will get off the the whole age thing...

Edited by TwiForLife

Congrats OP, that's good news.

I've had a good experience with the whole thing with my mother too. My dad, well... that's a different story :ph34r: I guess moms tend to be a bit more tolerant of it.

• Brohoof 1

My mom just says "Whatever" whenever I bring it up. She doesn't hate it, she doesn't like it, but she said if I got the DVD (or future DVDs) she would probably watch it and like it. She likes cartoons as much as I do so there's no way she wouldn't like it. xD

I kind of inadvertainly had a Get Out of Jail Free Card, with that. My parents asked me if it was some kind of Anime. So I just said, 'Well... Technically, you could call it that...'.

Thank you Lauren Faust and Craig McCracken for making the Anime-inspired genre mainstream!

My parents don't really care. Once i explained that me and a few of my buddies enjoy it and it's something to do, they were ok with it. My mom teases me in public about it though...

That's what happened to me. I don't think my mother quite got the point, though, because she immediately said "It's always great to be finding out about nature!" even after I told her grown men watch it. She probably thinks I'm watching a documentary rather than an animated cartoon.

Wish my parents would accept something like this that easy......

They hate cartoons because they 'are for small children' and 'do not teach you anything' and, well you get what I mean. :(

So I'm not even gonna try to tell them I watch MLP.....

My advice: Be careful o-o. Once people starting figuring out I was a Brony, word just spread so fast that now My Little Pony is my defining characteristic. Its not really BAD, but it can get annoying sometimes; the things people say o-o. Just be prepared. I never expected it to happen, but it did. Not that I really care too much though.