Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Well, it finally happened

Dr. Nefarious

Awesome! One day, I accidentally just let it slip and she's like "What's that?"

So I explained it to her. She still doesn't believe that it has a very large following, but she's cool with me being one xD

So I suppose that's a victory. However, telling my dad will be a completely different story... I can hear him laughing now. *shudder*

I've never had the pressure to hold back my broniness like you. When I got into the show, my first thought was "OH MY GOD, I MUST TELL EVERYONE ABOUT THIS AWESOME CARTOON!"

Edited by Axis
  • Brohoof 1

My mom is still a little perplexed. I never bothered hiding it from her, but I was watching my Friendship Express DVD the other day and she was wandering around behind me watching it trying to figure out what it is I like.

The other day I was at my dad's house (parents are divorced) and I said "Hey I got into this new show, it's made by the same lady who made the Powerpuff Girls. This one is My Little Pony. I brought the DVD if you want to see it." He laughed at me a little because I'm such a tomboy, but he didn't mind watching it.

He doesn't use the internet or anything like that so I wouldn't call him a brony, but he did like watching it. Probably in part because we live in Texas, he thinks Applejack's voice is hilarious. LOL

The same happened to me, but my mother found out i was writing a fan-fic, and said that she would like to read it when im finished, so i took that moment to tell her, and she was very supportive :)

Edited by Luna'sapprentice

(At the time I had Desktop Ponies running on my computer, with Twilight Sparkle, Woona, Rainbow Dash , DJ-PON3, and Derpy Hooves)

Mum: You have brightly coloured horses on your desktop. Why?

Me: Because they're-

RD: 20% cooler! (Brilliant timing there Dash)

Me: Yes.

Mum: ...

Me: Do not judge the show by the intro. Or the name.

Mum: What's the name?

Me: My Little Pony.

Mum: ...

Me: Just watch an episode. Here, let me show you this one.

(I show mum Bridle Gossip)

Mum: Yeah whatever.

I still have no idea what she thinks O.o

Edited by DJ Raptor

Wish my parents would accept something like this that easy......

They hate cartoons because they 'are for small children' and 'do not teach you anything' and, well you get what I mean. :(

So I'm not even gonna try to tell them I watch MLP.....

Let me see last time I checked Simpsons, Family Guy,. Futurama, South Park, Father Of the Pride, etc.etc.etc. weren't for small children. I don't know where your parents got off on saying all cartoons are for small children. Some? Yes! A majority? Maybe but ALL of them? Nope.

My parents were it's hard to explain it, I guess you could say they were tolerant. My mom more then my dad. My mom talked me out of going to the Bronycon and my dad just keeps going on about how I shouldn't tell anyone/not wear the shirts in public/etc.etc.etc. . (Which most of the time I don't. I am kind of a closet Brony)

My parents see my desktop all the time (Flutterbright) and see me on these forums, and even see me watching the episodes, but they don't think anything of it. I think it's because they don't KNOW anything of it, so I don't know if i'm lucky or not about the whole thing :blink:

When my parents found out I like My Little Pony my dad was supportive, my mom on the other hand thought that I was very weird. After a while my mom got over it and now my little brother and sister sometimes watch the show with me.

Well, I'm gonna be buying a few MLP shirts tommorow here so I'm gonna have to tell my parents tommorow. I hope it all goes good, atleast I can say I have like 7 irl friends that watch it too. xD I just have no idea what their reaction is gonna be like.

I actually literally just got done with a 45 minute conversation with my momma about all the ponies and why I like MLP. Except the occasional (joking) "fag", she was really not judgmental. We discussed the difference between FIM and 80's ponies and she tried saying FIM probably lacked dragons. So tomorrow she's going to watch Dragonshy. :D parents can be cool.

I was sitting in my living room and Hay was i borred to death, so i turned on the lap-top, (at this point i was still in season 1 and had not watched the whole series but i was hooked and new what it was all about) and then i just sat down and watched the show, and my mom came up to me like, "what is that you're watching" i dont really care what people think about me and what i do, so i said it like it was, "im watching Mlp" and she went a little like "oh god, are you gay" it was only a joke ofc, so i sat down with her and started showing her various videos on what the show is about and why i like it, now she's watching it too, and so is my sister. she has even bought me key chain figures for my collection and she doesn't give a crying buck about me wearing pony t-shirts. i love my family! xD

Most of you are lucky, i'm generally very truthful and I struggle at keeping secrets so I diden't even bother to try and hide it from my parents. My mothers says she's worried that instead of maturing i'm going backwards and my father just said he's concerned. Its probably my fault because I haven't bothered to try and explain it properly to them as i'm not sure what to say. I'm sure Mum has seen or heard bits of eposides when I was watching them and I'm relucent to show my dad a episode even though he said he's willing to watch one due to both my parents being around 50 so their well over the age lmit.

I mostly just don't talk to them about it.

Haven't told my parents yet...

Dunno if my older bro. will tell them secretly or what, but hey... whatever happens happens...

Nothing bad, I hope...

Oh man, I hope if my mom finds out it goes half-as-well as that; congrats man!!! :)

That awkard moment when your watching a pony video and your mum who doesn't know has been at the door for a minute without you realising.

• Brohoof 1