Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tree Hugger's fan art has drugs In it?

Tom Snyder

(edited)

The reason is, because of this "hippie" stereotype people have. Hippie people always do drugs. 

There's fanart about everything on the internet. It's always bound to happen.

That first one is not completely true, i know a few who are hippies, but they don't do drugs like you claim. They prefer the healthier way; been drug free their whole lives.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

That first one is not completely true, i know a few who are hippies, but they don't do drugs like you claim. They prefer the healthier way; been drug free their whole lives.

I didn't say that myself. I don't believe that all "hippies" do drugs, obviously. I'm just stating that most people have the assumption that "hippies" are always doing drugs.

• Brohoof 1

I didn't say that myself. I don't believe that all "hippies" do drugs, obviously. I'm just stating that most people have the assumption that "hippies" are always doing drugs.

Whoops, my bad. Kinda sounded like you were.

• Brohoof 1

I don't get why this is a problem. If you don't like fanart of Tree Hugger doing drugs, that's fine. But other people (obviously) likes it, and that's also fine. My point is that's it rather silly to complain about fanart when nobody is forcing you to look at it. 

• Brohoof 1

People are exaggerating what i'm saying, i don't hate these people; i'm not an evil person. Just wish it was toned down a bit; don't need anymore heat down on our heads.

I know you are not deliberately trying to be inflammatory but you are still getting bent out of shape over something relatively minor. If I was to get this upset over everything I didn't like I would probably have died of a heart attack years ago. I believe the phrase "pick your battles" applies here.

• Brohoof 1

I know you are not deliberately trying to be inflammatory but you are still getting bent out of shape over something relatively minor. If I was to get this upset over everything I didn't like I would probably have died of a heart attack years ago. I believe the phrase "pick your battles" applies here.

You're right, I'm not. I just can't believe it.

I'm going to offer my observation on the matter... It seems to me the cause of the upset in response to the fan art depicting her being high is a negative view of marijuana use, rather than any deliberate attempt by the fan art creators to sully her image. I'm not inclined to get into an argument over whether pot use is inherently bad and such, but, I think the ones who are so upset over this need to keep in mind few are attempting to make Treehugger look bad. Most of the bronies who have commented on this issue have indicated she comes across as a likely or actual stoner to them, but very few of those responses were meant as some sort of moral judgement. I think the 420 fan art just reflects the overall impressions of her within bronydom.

(edited)

Its really disrespectful to make a pony look like something their not, Its insulting. That's one of my pet peeves, i never like to see anything done that will make them look bad; and yet someone does it anyway. I've wanted to say something, but i always seem to hold myself back; i'm just uncomfortable with a new character being treated like garbage.

I'm fine if they draw her normally, but do so with drug use and you're crossing a thin line; not every person like her does what everybody thinks. Its just her personality, nothing more.

Did you watch the episode? She appeared as if she was stoned most of the time. TBH the portrayal of her as a drug using hippy seems very much cannon. You could even argue that she was Fluttershy's date because that too could be implied. There's some deeper meanings hidden in the show for adults to pick up on like Communism in the premier or Rdash dealing with Tank dying rather than hibernating....

I understand that you'd prefer if the fandom kept their output g-rated but the brony fandom is made of adults not 6 year old girls.  I would not be surprised at all if you see more of this. As expected there were nearly 100 clop images up within the first week and I',m not surprised if another 100 with implied drug use. What do you do? (make a thread obviously i guess)  :lol:

I live in Denver fyi so pot isn't even illegal here anymore. ...and i guess not in Equestria either lol

Edited by Freewave