Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon

TheJLeeTeam

SMD_Logo_Final_RGB.jpg?download=1

Today the latest Pokémon Mystery Dungeon game, Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon were announced for 3DS which will be coming out Winter 2015. There aren't more details but I'm guessing it will include 6th Gen Pokémon too. I'm excited for this because I love the Mystery Dungeon series and I hope this game will be better than the last one Gates to Infinity.

• Brohoof 4

Sounds pretty nice. Although I can't say I'm too excited, I at least now can enjoy something else that isn't as boring as Pokémon Shuffle or Pokémon Rumble World.

One thing that I admire about the Mystery Dungeon series are the stories. They're somber and more character-driven, which is something I'd really wish the main series games would do more. The dark themes around the series also gives off a nice and realistic touch, as I do feel that the main series games are a little too... utopian. Probably a little too much for my tastes.

But needless to say, I'm kinda intrigued with how this entry of the Mystery Dungeon series will turn out. I do hope we'll get a more wide range of Pokémon to choose from than in Gates to Infinity. :3

• Brohoof 6

Interesting.

Not too big on Mystery Dungeon (Find the story phenomenal but the controls and boss fights hard) but it's nice that spin off is still going.

Now if they were to only continue Colosseum/XD.

• Brohoof 3

I absolutely LOVED Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness and Blue Rescue Team. They're two of my favourite games of all time, but I'm worried the newer installments will just get weaker and weaker. I never played Gates to Infinity, but from what I heard it's dumbed down... a lot. 

Never the less, I await "Super" Mystery Dungeon (C'mon, is that the best they could come up with?) with anticipation, and once I get a 3DS I'll be sure to take a look at it.

If they manage to create a character better then Grovyle in Explorers of Darkness, then I will be very impressed. 

• Brohoof 4

Please don't be like Gates. Please don't be like gates. Please get it right this time. I literally made a post yesterday on everything wrong with Gates, and why it's so disappointing because Explorers of Sky/Darkness/Time was my third favorite game ever. If they manage to even make it as good as Sky then I will be very pleased.

Now I'm just waiting a Pokemon Ranger reboot. Oh well.

• Brohoof 2

I absolutely LOVED Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Darkness and Blue Rescue Team. They're two of my favourite games of all time, but I'm worried the newer installments will just get weaker and weaker. I never played Gates to Infinity, but from what I heard it's dumbed down... a lot. 

Never the less, I await "Super" Mystery Dungeon (C'mon, is that the best they could come up with?) with anticipation, and once I get a 3DS I'll be sure to take a look at it.

If they manage to create a character better then Grovyle in Explorers of Darkness, then I will be very impressed. 

I played Gates to infinity, it repeats basic information a lot, most of the gameplay is insanely easy it has no post game except one crappy mission and considering the opportunities they had to make the story interesting, they still resorted to crappy explanations of how things work (Cards that make a portal to a giant glacier, many rainbows, giant ice cube as the main antagonist) also Kyuurem, supposedly this powerful boss pokemon is one of the EASIEST boss fights in the game!

• Brohoof 3

So glad someone mentioned Grovyle from Time/Darkness and Sky  :yay:

He's probably my favorite character in the series  :squee:

• Brohoof 3

I played Gates to infinity, it repeats basic information a lot, most of the gameplay is insanely easy it has no post game except one crappy mission and considering the opportunities they had to make the story interesting, they still resorted to crappy explanations of how things work (Cards that make a portal to a giant glacier, many rainbows, giant ice cube as the main antagonist) also Kyuurem, supposedly this powerful boss pokemon is one of the EASIEST boss fights in the game!

Oh jeez, that sounds rediculous... Guess I'm glad I skipped out on that one :lol: I understand it's a kids game in essence, but they're turning away a key audience in older players by treating us like idiots. The fact that there's no post game stuff sounds boring, that's what made Explorers of Darkness so great, the story after the story. I sincerely hope they listened to the community and fix this stuff.

So glad someone mentioned Grovyle from Time/Darkness and Sky  :yay:

He's probably my favorite character in the series  :squee:

He's just got such a great backstory. As a player you go from practically hating him to thinking "Wow you're awesome" xD He's pretty much the reason why Grovyle is my favourite Pokemon, and, yeah, I'll admit it, I shed a tear at certain scenes with him. Won't say cause spoilers for anyone lol. This music still gives me major goosebumps.

:(  :(  :(  :(  :P

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Call me intrigued. I never gave Gate of Infinity a shot because I've heard it was a major letdown in the same vein as Paper Mario Sticker Star, especially considering Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky is one of my all time favorite games, Here's hoping they don't go the same route as Gates and wlll have far more playable characters (Red/Blue had 16, Time/Darkness 16, Sky technically 21 and Gates had 5)

Edited by PoisonClaw
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Gates to infinity was very dummed down.

Best Mystery Dungeon is Explorers of the Sky hands down.

Let us hope they learned from gates.. It was still fun for me but just not as fun as it could be.

Edited by Floris
  • Brohoof 1

I only ever played Red Rescue Team, but I thought it was really fun, so I might pick this one up as well.  One of my proudest gaming achievements is getting all the way through Purity Forest (after about a billion attempts...).  I think I actually ended up getting all of the legendaries except for Jirachi, and the only reason I didn't get it was because I stopped playing when I got knocked out in Wish Cave and lost my Tight Belt...

Anyways, hopefully it's good, and if so then maybe I'll come back to the series.

• Brohoof 1

Oh! I didn't hear about this.

Well, I certainly hope they add back the quiz feature on what starter you are. That was really cool to me and I hated that they removed it in their latest game.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I certainly hope they add back the quiz feature on what starter you are. That was really cool to me and I hated that they removed it in their latest game.

I couldn't agree more, it made you feel some special attachement to the pokémon "you" changed into.

For me anyway.

• Brohoof 3

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's going to be a million times better than the last game in the mystery dungeon franchise.

The biggest problem I had before were the angles during the dungeons. They were weird. They seem to have fixed it based on the teaser/trailer, so i'm really excited!

• Brohoof 1

Wow. What a title. Super. If anyone knows me for more than two weeks they know I hate Gates of Infinity with a burning passion. But I still trust Nintendo. I'll give it a chance, but you can bet I'll be hanging on to the receipt.

• Brohoof 1

• 5 months later...

Bumping this thread since the game's coming out in less than a week! Ohmigosh this game is going to be great! ...hopefully it's not Gates to Infinity 2: Electric Boogaloo. But so far from what I seen the changes they made are pretty good; mostly i'm excited on all Pokemon being in and hunger being back. I also heard rumors Dusknoir, Grovyle, and Celebi (y'know, the Future Trio) are going to be back, but maybe those are just rumors. Praying they're actually there; I want nostalgic characters, dammit.

Also as discussed i'm waiting for the OST to be up on Youtube, one of the things all PMD games do right is the godlike soundtrack. GTI had a great one, even though the game itself was disappointing.

So stoked for this. From what I've heard, this game will try and tie all the previous games together into a one big shared universe, including allowing you to travel to areas from the past games. Little sad that they're apparently dropping the party limit from four to three, but everything else sounds like it'll be great, even the return of the hunger mechanic, which was only really annoying in dungeons with more than 20 floors and no checkpoints.

Edited by PoisonClaw