Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming I hate Banjo Kazooie

Trine

Its so frikkish hillbilly mood i get from those games :/

I mean i don't mind if people like it, i mean as a kid i played multiplayer with a friend on N64, he was really into it. Dont know if this was the first or second game, but you could also play in FPS banjo multiplayer. Either way i just have never thought it was fun. Conker's Bad Fur Day that a friend recommended me i thought was pretty cool. But yeah, banjo games just nope.

Donkey Kong Country series on SNES are my favorite from Rare though. DKC3 being the best ^^

I've actually never played the Banjo Kazooie games...which is probably an even bigger sin than playing it and disliking it

• Brohoof 4

See, it can easily go the other way around. I think that Banjo Kazooie is a fantastic game and i think that DKC3 was the worst of the three DKC games (the original was the best.)

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Never played Banjo either. To be honest I can kinda see what you mean though. Just from what I've seen the games just don't really interest me. Not sure why since I love 3d platformers, I've enjoyed DK64 from what I've played of that game, and everything else I've played by Rare was fun.

And DKC3 is criminally underrated, I think it's just as good as the first two.

Edited by BasementPoneh
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Why make a thread just to claim you hate something?

My mood ring felt on negative, but i am open to any positive contribution to it. Although i can't deny that it seems rather pointless to tell "I don't like this" kind of topic. But that's all i could think off at the moment. Hopefully it can turn into a discussion.

Edited by Trine

Also the first person mode is from Banjo Tooie. There are some areas where you'll play in first person through some caverns and against a boss. There's a multiplayer version of this as well.

• Brohoof 1

My mood ring felt on negative, but i am open to any positive contribution to it. Although i can't deny that it seems rather pointless to tell "I don't like this" kind of topic. But that's all i could think off at the moment. Hopefully it can turn into a discussion.

Tell me: How far have you played into the game? It's meant to feel cartoony and the characters are little more than exaggerated stereotypes as cartoons tend to do. Surely the whole game isn't that way. If it's even half of what Banjo Tooie is it'll have various worlds to explore with lots of different themes.

I LOVE Banjo Kazooie. It's practically oozing with charm. Just as good as Mario64, in my opinion. 

Any of you heard of Yooka-Laylee? 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

The original team from Banjo is making it's spiritual successor. I'm not crazy about the two characters, but I'm looking forward to it.

I know of this. I don't know if people will give it a real chance since it's very obviously, and intentionally, a clone and that comes with its own stigma but in spite of that I'll hope it gets funded so I can play it.

In the meantime Imma go get Nuts'n'Bolts. <.< >.>

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I LOVE Banjo Kazooie. It's practically oozing with charm. Just as good as Mario64, in my opinion. 

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playtonic/yooka-laylee-a-3d-platformer-rare-vival

The original team from Banjo is making it's spiritual successor. I'm not crazy about the two characters, but I'm looking forward to it.

Well... i saw a little clip. And got sold when they said "3d platformers haven't been much around lately" You bet your flank it hasn't. Its a shame it has stopped every since after PS2. I so wanna see more 3d platformers. But this might take a different tone than banjo kazooie style, so i will keep this in the memory bank :) Thanks btw for the link.

Edit: I plan on getting a WiiU later, if this comes out then i am so gonna get it. It looks fantastic!

Tell me: How far have you played into the game? It's meant to feel cartoony and the characters are little more than exaggerated stereotypes as cartoons tend to do. Surely the whole game isn't that way. If it's even half of what Banjo Tooie is it'll have various worlds to explore with lots of different themes.

Far enough. Like the pirate ship i think in the first game when it got re-released on Xbox 360.

Edited by Trine

Aww I'm sorry you feel that way about it.

The hillbilly (as you put it) theming is really just to give it a sense of charm.

And from a design standpoint I find it's really one of the best games there are.

• Brohoof 1

Banjo is a arguably a bit of a hillbilly but not overwhelmingly so, it is not like they depict him getting drunk on moonshine and screwing his cousin or something.

Whoop de do. You created a whole thread about how much you hate a game. I think Banjo Kazooie is a great game but I couldn't get into it as much as Super Mario 64. But you shouldn't make a thread about how much you hate that game. This is better as a blog entry.

• Brohoof 2

Super Mario 64, Banjo Kazooie, Tonic Trouble, Banjo Tooie, Star Fox 64, Turok 2: Seeds of Evil, and many others.

All were games that I absolutely LOVED when I was growing up   :)

Also Super Mario RPG and it's kickass battle music B)

(edited)

See, it can easily go the other way around. I think that Banjo Kazooie is a fantastic game and i think that DKC3 was the worst of the three DKC games (the original was the best.)

Ooh dems fightin' words.  I actually consider the first DKC the worst due to it's lack of content compared to it's sequels.  It's refined, but very basic (No bonus levels or collectibles), and the tone is a little more subdued than the others (That can be good or bad).  DKC3 I feel is highly underrated, even overly hated upon.  It was filled with as much creativity from beginning to end as 2, and unlike 2 the difficulty curb made sense (DKC2 has absurd spikes).  Most of peoples complaints with it in my opinion boiling down to hating on Kiddy Kong (Like a bad character can unravel a platformer) and the levels being just "gimmicks"...  Uh...  DK2 introduced new gameplay concepts every level too and nobody cried "gimmick". 

Edited by Jammo

Why make a thread just to claim you hate something?

This post is such a brohoof farm. In fact, maybe I should put a sign on every post I make encouraging brohoofs.

Actually about the topic at hand, we need to make a petition to get Nintendo to buy Rare.

Clicky, Clicky, VVV

• Brohoof 2

Whoop de do. You created a whole thread about how much you hate a game. I think Banjo Kazooie is a great game but I couldn't get into it as much as Super Mario 64. But you shouldn't make a thread about how much you hate that game. This is better as a blog entry.

What's the difference between making a topic to say you love a game and making one to say you hate it? Both will generate discussion regardless of the original post's feelings. :P

Actually a lot of topics turn out this way even if the topic title doesn't strictly say "I love/hate this thing". They often just ask for opinions, then state their own, which is exactly the same as this topic is doing.

Maybe people are just butthurt that their favorite franchise isn't getting love. :lol:

What's the difference between making a topic to say you love a game and making one to say you hate it? Both will generate discussion regardless of the original post's feelings. :P

Actually a lot of topics turn out this way even if the topic title doesn't strictly say "I love/hate this thing". They often just ask for opinions, then state their own, which is exactly the same as this topic is doing.

Maybe people are just butthurt that their favorite franchise isn't getting love. :lol:

Tfw you make an Elder Scrolls thread and everyone talks about Skyrim

I really hate that people pretend the rest of the series doesn't exist.

Tfw you make an Elder Scrolls thread and everyone talks about Skyrim

I really hate that people pretend the rest of the series doesn't exist.

Many people really and truly believe Skyrim is so much better/different than all the previous games. I don't know how people don't see that Skyrim is little more than a graphical upgrade from Oblivion. lol

As far as the older ones go, they're hard to get ahold of and they're old enough that people haven't played them so maybe to them the rest of the series doesn't exist.

Having never played Morrowind and below for longer than ten minutes I can't say much about them myself. At least I actually own Morrowind though. I can play it when the mood strikes me.

• Brohoof 3

Many people really and truly believe Skyrim is so much better/different than all the previous games. I don't know how people don't see that Skyrim is little more than a graphical upgrade from Oblivion. lol

As far as the older ones go, they're hard to get ahold of and they're old enough that people haven't played them so maybe to them the rest of the series doesn't exist.

Having never played Morrowind and below for longer than ten minutes I can't say much about them myself. At least I actually own Morrowind though. I can play it when the mood strikes me.

Arena and Daggerfall are unbelieveably underrated. If you look at my status updates that's all I've been talking about for the last couple of days. I actually hate Skyrim.

• Brohoof 1

Having never played the Banjo Kazooie games, I didn't have much cause to get excited about Yooka-Laylee.  I mean, it looked charming enough; just about screamed "90's gaming."  Then I read that David Wise would be involved with the soundtrack...  And then I was glad it was a thing. xD

Arena and Daggerfall are unbelieveably underrated. If you look at my status updates that's all I've been talking about for the last couple of days. I actually hate Skyrim.

I'm not overly fond of that sort of RPG at all, really. I have to specifically want to play them to even begin enjoying them.

What little I played of Daggerfall wasn't to my liking though. I prefer my games with a bit more linearity than that.

My tune may change at some point or another though.

While I thoroughly enjoyed Skyrim, Daggerfall was the first Elder Scrolls game I ever played.  That game is more massive than any TES game that came after; it was both intimidating and impressive at the same time. x )  Also, the pixelated naked ladies everywhere were a bit surprising. xD  Daggerfall got me into the series, and I still have fond memories of it.