Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Dark Souls 1 & 2

Tom Snyder

darksouls-1080p.jpg

I'm sure you all may have played these games and rage quit at some point or beat it entirely. But what i love about this is that it teaches you to carefully think before you act, one mistake and it over; a single death can have serious consequences. I haven't played them, but from what I've seen; its pretty bucking awesome. What do you guys think of these games?

• Brohoof 2

Pretty good the hit boxes are a little bad in some places but still a good game, I would recommend not playing meta untill after you've done 1 play through.

• Brohoof 2

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these games  :squee:

I mean sure, they beat you up over and over again for your mistakes but that's to make you learn from those mistakes and develop strategies so that you don't repeat them.

Here is a boss from Dark Souls 2 that tested all of my skills at once and he is my favorite boss in DKS2 because of that:

Sorry for the subtitles, this video was made by me to help people having trouble with him.

• Brohoof 2

I swear these games must have been created by the devil...>.> Because they are as hard as Hell...And are about journeying into Hell too yet...

Lost Izalith from Dark Souls 1 kinda reminds me of hell (aesthetically):

Lost-Izalith-1-0004s.jpg

• Brohoof 2

These games aren't nearly as difficult or punishing as people make them out to be. While the actual reaction timing will vary from person to person there's ways to make the games incredibly easy.

More often than not losing souls isn't a huge deal either as long as you aren't hoarding them for whatever reason. If you feel the need to you can grind for souls easily enough, especially in later areas of the game where you can get 1500-2000 souls from even mid-size enemies.

While every action is permanent it's very rare to find anything that can't be undone with a bit of busy work.

If you can't get past bosses by yourself you can always summon. There are both player and NPC phantoms everywhere to help you through both boss and dungeon.

• Brohoof 3

These games aren't nearly as difficult or punishing as people make them out to be. While the actual reaction timing will vary from person to person there's ways to make the games incredibly easy.

More often than not losing souls isn't a huge deal either as long as you aren't hoarding them for whatever reason. If you feel the need to you can grind for souls easily enough, especially in later areas of the game where you can get 1500-2000 souls from even mid-size enemies.

While every action is permanent it's very rare to find anything that can't be undone with a bit of busy work.

If you can't get past bosses by yourself you can always summon. There are both player and NPC phantoms everywhere to help you through both boss and dungeon.

I'm too stubborn to summon usually, but you are very correct.  These games are very easy if you just take your time and prepare for every encounter accordingly.

Unless if it's the Fume Knight/Raime from DKS2, because his moveset is ridiculous and the summons often just get in the way and actually make him more difficult  :lol:

Raime the Raven is cool like that B)  

• Brohoof 1

These weren't a challenge for me at all. Beat them both solo on all difficulties without dying. They definitely don't hold your hand like you're stupid which I liked. No dumb tutorials, which is always a plus because those are lame and so slow. If you don't think then you will die in the game so observe your surroundings and how each boss moves and you are golden. Other players are the biggest threat in the game to be honest so just avoid them.

I'm too stubborn to summon usually, but you are very correct.  These games are very easy if you just take your time and prepare for every encounter accordingly.

Unless if it's the Fume Knight/Raime from DKS2, because his moveset is ridiculous and the summons often just get in the way and actually make him more difficult  :lol:

Raime the Raven is cool like that B)

I don't know these bosses but it sounds like they're from the DLC. I didn't get those.

But yeah, sometimes the NPCs just make the fight harder because they die really quick and any time you summon, whether it's NPC or player, it raises the stats of the boss. Having to fight powered up bosses alone kinda sucks.

The looking glass knight being an example of this. Benhart died like a little bitch and left me to handle it alone so I just redid the fight without him and had a far easier time.

The only bosses I wouldn't want to solo are the gorgon in Earthen Peak and the throne protectors right before Nashandra.

• Brohoof 1

I donn't know these bosses but it sounds like they're from the DLC. I didn't get those.

But yeah, sometimes the NPCs just make the fight harder because they die really quick and any time you summon, whether it's NPC or player, it raises the stats of the boss. Having to fight powered up bosses alone kinda sucks.

The looking glass knight being an example of this. Benhart died like a little bitch and left me to handle it alone so I just redid the fight without him and had a far easier time.

The only bosses I wouldn't want to solo are the gorgon in Earthen Peak and the throne protectors right before Nashandra.

Yeah, Fume Knight is from the Crown of the Old Iron King DLC.  Here's an article about gamer's win/loss ration against him if you're interested: http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/10/the-fume-knight-is-dark-souls-2s-toughest-boss/

According to that article player's have lost 93% of the time against him (but it's an older article so odds are that the ratio has gotten better by now) :lol:

And yes, the NPC AI in Dark Souls 2 leaves a lot to be desired -_-

Yeah, Fume Knight is from the Crown of the Old Iron King DLC.  Here's an article about gamer's win/loss ration against him if you're interested: http://www.vg247.com/2014/10/10/the-fume-knight-is-dark-souls-2s-toughest-boss/

According to that article player's have lost 93% of the time against him (but it's an older article so odds are that the ratio has gotten better by now) :lol:

And yes, the NPC AI in Dark Souls 2 leaves a lot to be desired -_-

The Scholar Edition improves the AI considerably from what I've heard. Adds a bunch too. It sounds like the definitive experience. Dark Souls II is my favorite in the series so I might consider getting it when I get a PS4.

• Brohoof 1