Knight Hadron

26 users have voted

1. 1. Parlez-vous francais?

• Oui!
    • Bien sur, je suis francais(e).
    • Non.
    • Un peu, mais j'etudie francais!

(edited)

I'm going to assume that at least some of the MLPForums community speaks French. How many?

Note: I'm finishing up my first year of French, taking the CLEP test today actually, but I still may make mistakes. Such is the life of learning.

Edit: Accents didn't show up in the poll/title. Sorry.

Edited by Knight Hadron
  • Brohoof 2

(edited)

Petit, Je l'ai á l'école :P

I know some basics and some random words/ Sentances :P

*whipsers* I haven't really payed all that much attention to french class :derp:

Edited by Lemon Stripe
  • Brohoof 1

Non. Though, I may someday. With my linguistic future I'm primarily focused on economic and geographical priorities so I don't feel like French will make the top of my list unless I move to Africa, Canada, or a few countries in Europe (Hello Belgium)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I learned most of it from school (the latest being Grade 9 (or Year 1) in High (Secondary) School).

However, I've forgotten a lot about the basics of French (even though it's one of the official languages of my country along with English (Canada)). :(

Edited by Jonny Music
  • Brohoof 1

Je parle français, et je l'ai étudié à Québec l'été dernier.  Je suis pas sûr si je chois "Oui!" ou "Un peu, mais j'étudie français!"...

It was actually Bizet's Carmen and the Offenbach operettas that motivated me to learn the language.  I studied on my own for a semester and then skipped over to French II in college, and then I studied in Quebec for a time. 

Funny thing, I'm actually learning Spanish right now, and occasionally I'll slip in a French pronunciation of Spanish words.

• Brohoof 3

I should, considering I live in Canada, but I have awful memories of several horrible French teachers, so I forgot most of it once I was no longer required to in school. I can recall most of the basic words, but good luck getting me to string together a complete sentence. 

• Brohoof 1

Oui je parle francais! Et j'en suis fière! (translation: Yes I speak french! And I'm proud of it)

Since I'm from Quebec, French is my first language... More like Quebecer is my first language.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I was in french immersion since I was 6, so I think I have a pretty good hold on the French language...

Although, after a year off, I'm probably losing it.

I live in Canada btw.

Edited by AmberDust
  • Brohoof 1

Oui. Je l’ai étudié pendant treize ans à l’école, de la maternelle jusqu’au 12è niveau.

J’étais en école d’immersion Française jusqu’au 6è.

Man, I can't type accents on Windows. Tsk.