Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poll: How do you feel about mixing FIM with EQG?

SolyWack

Main Series and Equestria Girls Crossing over?  

45 users have voted

1. 1. How do you feel about mixing FIM with the EQG movies

• YES, Absoulutely!
    • I could give it a chance
    • God no, i hope they never mix

I want to see Sunset Shimmer back in Equestria on the main show but I prefer that the two shows remain separate. Sunset Shimmer is from Equestria anyway and a lot of people would like to see her for just one episode in the main show but other than that, EG and MLP should not be mixed together.

• Brohoof 1

I grew up with the previous gens as well, and I don't mind humans there. BUT EQG is just on a whole other level of... ugh. I'd rather have a generation crossover. THAT would be more interesting.

maybe there can be an OVA of a Equestria/ EQG crossover bundled with either the 2017 pony movie? Instead of having it be a 1 disc thing, it can be 2- the pony movie and bonuses on the first disc, after it's released in theaters and made into Blu Ray/ DVD, and on the 2nd disc could be a 30 minute OVA crossover, maybe a Director/ staff commentary, and additional animation shorts to fill up the rest of the time. -shrug-

• Brohoof 1

maybe there can be an OVA of a Equestria/ EQG crossover bundled with either the 2017 pony movie? Instead of having it be a 1 disc thing, it can be 2- the pony movie and bonuses on the first disc, after it's released in theaters and made into Blu Ray/ DVD, and on the 2nd disc could be a 30 minute OVA crossover, maybe a Director/ staff commentary, and additional animation shorts to fill up the rest of the time. -shrug-

It still involves EQG, which is a turn off. xD But for the general fandom, that's not a bad idea

I think simply because we HAVE to accept EQG and parallel universes as canon, means that we have to be okay with a cross-over.

The problem right now is that there have been NO references in the show to the parallel world but for me, beyond EQG, the human world has some substance and weight in the multiverse and it would be cool for that to be touched on in the show.

Just my opinion.

On another note, I don't like Sunset Shimmer. First she's thoroughly evil, then after being blasted with a friendship ray, suddenly becomes a useless background tag-along "friend" with for the others to blame their problems on.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I don't get were all the hate comes from. I admit I was at first apprehensive about watching EQG but was pleasantly surprised that it was not nearly as bad as I thought it would be and I don't care what anyone says but RR was a genuinely good movie. I suspect the third movie will be just as good, if not better.

If you don't like the movies, don't watch them, it's that simple. There are a lot of us that still do.

As far as EQG making it into the main cannon of the series, I kinda doubt that will ever happen but I would not have a problem with it.   

It's all about opportunity cost, really. If Hasbro spends a load of time and effort into EQG movies they don't out full scale movies in theaters with ponies, they don't get out their tv seasons quicker, their toy aisles are full of EQG dolls instead of background pony brushables, and they continue to blur what's special about MLP. There's a reason why so many people have left the fandom because they don't like the direction it's all going. Eqgirls is a huge part of what Hasbro focuses on now. 

MLP is a great all-ages show where the mane 6 are adults, have their own businesses (Rarity / AJ) and lives, and live out adventures in a fantasy feudal world with adventures. EQGirls is specifically made to sell toys to tween girls, the mane 6 are teens, and they experience life in a earthly high school setting that's even more boring then your average Monster high cartoon. I cannot overstate just how boring a premise that is or the disappointing fact that a one-shot movie is now becoming a trilogy to make more money. The change in what it is and what it was is just too huge. Rainbow Rocks didn't rock and didn't have that many memorable songs as a whole either. 

It's like being a fan of Metallica's Justice For All and then being asked to enjoy their self-titled by the "same band" when the chemistry has all changed (and even moreso once you get to later albums like Load/Re-Load). There's a valid reason to notice when there's a decline in a tv show, a band, or a movie series and it's never going to be the same magic again.....that it has all changed. Part of being a fan of anything is knowing when there's a downturn occurring that happens overtime and because of specific reasons.  

Edited by Freewave

I disagree to the mixing idea also. Why did they make Equestria Girls in the first place. Lauren Faust's original idea for Friendship is Magic is to get the Cutie Mark Crusaders a spin off. Not some High School Drama.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I would love it because it would make the show more interesting and make anti human misanthropes cry.  

Awwww  yeah, Human In Equestria! Here we come! Can't wait to see the fan fictions. 

Edited by Bendy

(edited)

I would give it a chance, but for viewer accessibility reasons it is most likely not going to happen as the main show is designed so people can watch without it  having to watching or read these secondary works in order to understand it. If it ever does happen than the show is going to need to do a whole lot of exposition in the process, but I am open for anything.

Edited by UnknownFry

This should be an option on the poll.

Its a little late in the poll for me to change it now, but i do agree, it seems a lot of people are against the hu-mane 5 from going over, but support sunset shimmer coming over. Interesting stuff.

It's all about opportunity cost, really. If Hasbro spends a load of time and effort into EQG movies they don't out full scale movies in theaters with ponies, they don't get out their tv seasons quicker, their toy aisles are full of EQG dolls instead of background pony brushables, and they continue to blur what's special about MLP. There's a reason why so many people have left the fandom because they don't like the direction it's all going. Eqgirls is a huge part of what Hasbro focuses on now. 

MLP is a great all-ages show where the mane 6 are adults, have their own businesses (Rarity / AJ) and lives, and live out adventures in a fantasy feudal world with adventures. EQGirls is specifically made to sell toys to tween girls, the mane 6 are teens, and they experience life in a earthly high school setting that's even more boring then your average Monster high cartoon. I cannot overstate just how boring a premise that is or the disappointing fact that a one-shot movie is now becoming a trilogy to make more money. The change in what it is and what it was is just too huge. Rainbow Rocks didn't rock and didn't have that many memorable songs as a whole either. 

It's like being a fan of Metallica's Justice For All and then being asked to enjoy their self-titled by the "same band" when the chemistry has all changed (and even moreso once you get to later albums like Load/Re-Load). There's a valid reason to notice when there's a decline in a tv show, a band, or a movie series and it's never going to be the same magic again.....that it has all changed. Part of being a fan of anything is knowing when there's a downturn occurring that happens overtime and because of specific reasons.  

It does disappoint me that when I go into the quarter of a section of the MLP aisle, there's more EQG dolls than actual ponies taking up the shelf space. ;_; I wish Hasbro would focus more on ponies (it's also such a shame that we don't have our first pony movie of G4, yet, and EQG already is about to spit out its 3rd movie at the end of the year) 5/ 6 years of MLP, 3 human movies, and 1 actual pony movie.....doesn't add up. It just doesn't. Hell, G1 and G3 got more actual pony movies than that

Sweet Luna, all of the EQG hate in this thread... -_-

The only reason I don't hate EQG as much as I want to/ should is because - solely Sunset Shimmer. (and I know Hasbro knows this, since they made her the focus in 2 movies thus far) They need to quit that. Bring Sunny back to Equestria, and have the EQG movies focus on other characters- I'm sure people would like to see how the human mane 5 develop differently from their pony counterparts. Or Trixie focus. Or the Dazzlings. or the hoarde of new characters- including human Twilight, they'll be throwing in the 3rd movie. Potential is ringing, Hasbro.

I'm not a huge fan of the EG movies, so I would not want the mix to happen. I believe FiM should stay separate from the EG universe, mainly because the EG storyline is not all that great. Though I would love it if Sunset Shimmer came back to Equestria. One can dream.

• Brohoof 1