Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Are You Part Of The LGBT?

ShipperArtistWriter

Yeah... I'm at least bisexual on this spectrum of gay attraction. I don't like it. It upsets me, being associated with the gay community as it currently exists; its creepy ad nauseam omnipresence and cultural dominance.

I respect transgender people tho. Which is why I don't like being lumped in with them when their situation is apples to oranges and they have it way harder.

I detest identity politics. Am I seriously the only gay person with this perspective?

Yes! I'm gay, and definitely.. obviously support the LGBT community.

See, this is the sort of thing I am talking about. "obviously", as if it this foregone conclusion for all gay people to "support the community".

this is turning interesting I must admit

How is this turning interesting. You posted that before my post.

... All of these posts are pretty par for the course. Gay people are absurdly common in Internet-land, especially a place like this.

(edited)

I just realized something: The site, as far as my searches have shown, has multiple LGBT threads, and many smaller ones floating around the Life Advice forum, but there is no LGBT+ support thread. : /

@@djpn3

LGBT and Otherkin are usually kept separate, but that doesn't mean Otherkin are any less valid. Go ahead and mention it, no one's stopping you. : P

Edited by x0jackie0x

I am bisexual so count me in it. I don't think I have much of a chance for a real relationship either way though. :P

If I could find the perfect stallion, you could probably find someone. I'm freaking ugly, nerdy, and all. Unfortunately, the SSP thread isn't still up though... Me and my "husband" (not legally) met there... You can find a special somepony. I believe in you. Took enough to believe in myself.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I like to believe I'm bi/pan. I'm also a androgyne, which means not quite genderfluid, but I associate with multiple genders. (Not so much physically)

Edited by IncognitoKiwoy

I'm bi, but I don't count myself among the LGBT community. Creating an entire group of people who are different and celebrating your different-ness while simultaneously trying to convince people that you aren't any different from them is extremely backwards and counter-productive. Sexual orientation and gender identity doesn't (or at least shouldn't) matter when dealing with other people. Being bi doesn't mean shit about me other than the fact that I like boys as well as girls, so I don't feel the need to wear it around as a badge of pride.

Also, Kudos to you, Ireland on supporting same-sex marriage! Now, hopefully, the United States will follow suit.

The United States does not formally support the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child or the Geneva Conventions. It's full of shitheads who are so stubborn in their conservative, out of date political beliefs, that they keep the country from coming together and supporting the right thing. Unless and until the Supreme Court deliberates in favor of gay marriage, the US will never fully support it.

• Brohoof 1

The United States does not formally support the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child or the Geneva Conventions. It's full of shitheads who are so stubborn in their conservative, out of date political beliefs, that they keep the country from coming together and supporting the right thing. Unless and until the Supreme Court deliberates in favor of gay marriage, the US will never fully support it.

The SCOTUS is full of smart people. I'm sure they'll side with the LGBT community... I hope. If not, then. America, I'm really disappointed in you.

• Brohoof 1

The SCOTUS is full of smart people. I'm sure they'll side with the LGBT community... I hope. If not, then. America, I'm really disappointed in you.

It is indeed full of smart people. As it stands, they are most likely going to deliberate on the side of marriage equality, not because they are with the LGBT community, but because it is simply the right thing to do.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Ace :D (if not 100% asexual, then at least somewhere under the ace-umbrella, like grey-asexual/demisexual)

Questioning when it comes to my gender identity.

Sometimes I'm all: 'I am obvs cis'

Then I'm all: 'I am genderfluid af'

But maybe androgyne? Idek. I know I won't actually carry any of this through, because it seems we live in quite a transphobic society, my friends. Even if the internet won't judge me, many people I know irl will.

Edited by Hibiscus Bloom
  • Brohoof 1

I am and have been at that point in life where I don't know what I am exactly. That said I currently identify as bisexual. I just don't know how I feel yet but I've definitely had relationships with both genders so, there you go. :) And of course whether I find myself forever Bi or one or the other I will still always support LGBT.

• Brohoof 2

Well, I'm certainly a supporter. I'm only 14 which is a fairly confusing time in anyone's life so I don't really want to completely identify as anything yet because anything I feel now could only be caused by teenage confusion. Right now I'm thinking I might be asexual|aromantic but it could simply be that I just haven't matured in that way yet.

• Brohoof 3