Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Rivulet

I have a few phobias myself, but I want to know what you guys' phobias are. I have Ophidiophobia, for example. Ophidiophobia is the fear of snakes. If you also have that particular one, then join the revolution. If you don't, tell me which ones you do have.

~Cerby

• Brohoof 2

The biggest phobia that i have, is Entomophobia, which is the fear of insects. It's not as bad as it was when i was a kid, like flys or grasshoppers are okay, but bees and wasps and dragonflys should never come near me.

• Brohoof 2

I have pretty bad entomophobia and arachnophobia. (Bugs and spiders.) I don't even wanna leave my house in the summer because I don't want to encounter any bugs. Cicadas are the worst for me. I know they're basically harmless, but they're just so big and ugly. And goddamn, are they stupid. Derp, there's a thing in the way? Let me fly into is about 27 more times before I get that there's a thing in the way. Useless little shits.

One thing that constantly bothers me is that I often have to protect this information. I can't let people know and if I'm confronted with something, I have to pretend it doesn't bother me, which never works. Because I don't know about anyone else, but I've definitely had this info used against me in the past. People think it's funny to expose you to an item you have a phobia toward when you reveal that phobia to them. I don't get it. It's not a matter of getting a rise out of someone. It's just cruel. And then they have the audacity to tell you to get over it. So, I open up to you, you exploit the information I've given you, you've exacerbated my condition and now you want me to get over it after you've gotten me super worked up about it. Screw you, you asshat.

Sorry to go off on a ranty tangent. That's just something that really bothers me. That people don't take it seriously when it is a serious issue and a serious psychological disorder. Then again, most people don't take most psychological disorders seriously, so why should I be surprised?

Sorry. I think I'm in a really pessimistic mood, today... ._.

• Brohoof 1

I have coulrophobia- the fear of clowns.

And masklophobia- the fear of mascots (I think maskaphobia is the one for masks. I love masks.)

First- clowns. They're downright scary, creepy and weird. They scared me right when I was young! Even I can't handle the looks on their 'colorful' faces. Overly colorful outfit, afro wigs and goofy shoes, smiles that reach literally their ears, what's not to fear about them? Mostly their face paint is blood red, and will always make me assume they murder people. Saw one goofing off at the streets, instantly hid behind my mother! Everyone was laughing- but I didn't know why because I was a kid. Do they not see their creepy looks?! How mad are those people?

Second- mascots. (Yes, please regard FNAF.) I'm afraid of mascots regardless of my age to this point. I believe there is nobody controlling the mascots, like, ghosts! (FNAF...) One time they showed me that 'someone' is changing from their EXTREMELY HUGE mascot outfits, and I believed I peeked at a ghost. No more, no less, they're like Goliaths who entertain the hopeless Davids. Hmp.

That is all. U_U

• Brohoof 2

Pigeons- apparently its called ornitophobia having just looked up the fancy word for it on Wikipedia.

There horrible birds, there so dirty and gross. There rats with wings, and I’m terrified when ever one comes near me.

Rats- pigeons without wings, gross little animals.

Dogs- I’ve gotten over it a bit as I’ve grown older, but I still don’t like dogs. I don't trust them, and feel uncomfortable round them. 

(edited)

Dogs, definitely >.<
Which is really annoying, they look cute (generally) but if I get near one irl (Especially if it doesn't have a lead) I just freak out.
(Was chased by a couple when I was like 4, been shaky with them ever since, I've got a bit better but I still can't stand them)
Also wasps and spiders. Although thats pretty self explanatory >.<

Edited by Aleh
  • Brohoof 1

Bugs. Not all bugs, mind you. Flies and caterpillars are fine, but things like spiders and bees freak me out. Moths too. You should see me get surprised by a moth. I really flip out. Its kinda weird, because as far as I know Moths are harmless.

Aracnophobia, fear of spiiderssss ;-;

Nyctophobia, fear of the dark, but I'm not actually afraid of the dark, am just afraid of the night time rather than the dark, but I couldn't find a phobia for that :c

and Coulrophobia, fear of clownssss! >u<"

• Brohoof 2

Vermiphobia - I'm terrified of worms for some apparent reason  :sunny:   Just the way they move around so erratically and the lack of eyes just freaks me out  :eww:   I'm perfectly fine with snakes though.

Aquaphobia - I'm terrified of deep water, but only if the water reaches over my head.  I'm fine if I'm in a boat, not a canoe or anything small like that (screw those things  :sunny: ) because one capsized on me once.  This is most likely due to me nearly drowning at the age of seven when my family was out camping on an island.

I guess needles (trypanophobia) and public speaking (glossophobia) as well, now that I think about it.

I'm not really afraid of anything else besides those four things.

• Brohoof 1

Bathmophobia - Fear of stairs/slopes. Terrified of going up and down stairs, not so bad with slopes though. Have no idea why. But I'll always find a way to avoid them by going up the ramp >.<

Trypophobia- Fear of small holes. I get dizzy when I see a wasp's nest and have to look away. Heck, even water drops on a bottle make me shaky ._.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have NyctophobiaI almost fall into insanity while being in a darkness. Oh, I'm also terrified by clowns. Those two fears were developed at the same moment during my childhood :)

Edited by ShadeRover
  • Brohoof 1

I am afraid of:

- The dark

- Demons

- Ghosts

- Deep water

- Being chased

Deep water is my biggest one. Especially if it's murky and you can't see into it.

It's kind of like the dark, no one is scared of the dark, they are scared of what's in the dark. That's how I am about deep water.

Very large fish also creep me out. I can fish but I stay as far away from the water as possible. You'll never see me in a canoe or kayak.     

• Brohoof 2

I used to have Submechanophobia, or the fear of large man-made objects underwater. Needless to say, I faced that fear head on already and it doesn't bother me anymore. :)

I guess a fear I have is losing someone as a friend. Especially if that person was someone I spent a lot of time with & if we were at some point really close friends. Having that sickening feeling wash over you as time passes on only to leave you wishing you could go back and mend things somehow. 

To me that is the greatest fear I have pretty much. Losing the trust or friendship of someone I have been friends with for a long time. I don't know if you'd mark that as a phobia but it is a mutual fear in me.

• Brohoof 1

Fear of falling. Heights are OK, but falling is not. (IE if I am on a stable platform high up I will be fine, but anything perceived to be unstable I get the "pull to the edge" effect and am terrified).

Having said that, one of the biggest entries in my bucket list is to go hang gliding. I would love to soar in the air like that. Although, I would most likely have to be pushed physically to get airborne.

I guess a fear I have is losing someone as a friend. Especially if that person was someone I spent a lot of time with & if we were at some point really close friends. Having that sickening feeling wash over you as time passes on only to leave you wishing you could go back and mend things somehow. 

To me that is the greatest fear I have pretty much. Losing the trust or friendship of someone I have been friends with for a long time. I don't know if you'd mark that as a phobia but it is a mutual fear in me.

I'm pretty much the same way, although I fear that someone will drop me as a friend without me knowing why. Also, I fear talking with someone new because I might mess up and the newly-formed friendship will crack. I doubt my social skills way too much, making me have even worse social awareness. :wacko::blush:

• Brohoof 1

I'm pretty much the same way, although I fear that someone will drop me as a friend without me knowing why. Also, I fear talking with someone new because I might mess up and the newly-formed friendship will crack. I doubt my social skills way too much, making me have even worse social awareness. :wacko::blush:

There is always going to be a bit of risk in any relationship as that is how it goes. No one is perfect but truly close friends will look past those things. But I agree with you on that being dropped off out of nowhere like that is a hard thing to go through for sure.

• Brohoof 1