Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Hi there!

Nice_Watson

My Favourite Mane 6 Pony: Twilight Sparkle

How did you find MLP Forums?: By googling "mlp community".

How you became a fan of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic: Around the start of Season 2, some people at the school I attend were fans of the show, so I thought I'd check it out. I've been following the show and various parts of the brony fandom on and off since then, but the people who originally got me into it have since moved on to other interests.

I am looking to get involved in contributing something creative to the fandom as it seems a welcoming place. In the past I have not really had much experience with being any sort of artist or content producer and mlp seems a good creative outlet to start doing so.

I am also new to internet forums in general as in the past I have only used the internet to consume media (I am a big fan of fan fiction readings as my life involves a lot of walking) or for talking to people I know from real life (for example I have never posted anything on social media sites).

However, from what I've heard fans say online when asked what is the best thing to come from the show/fandom, a lot of them say it is the friends they have made from it. After also watching boyinaband's vlog on internet friends, I've decided I do not want to miss out on this oppurtunity!

So here I am looking forward to making some new friends and hopefully working on some creative projects with some of you. I was thinking I could try working on musical composition, as I can already play a bit of piano and violin, but I'll probably try doing all sorts of stuff to see what I like/would be good at.

I live in England which is relevant information because timezones...

Sorry if the post is a bit messy, I've been typing all of this out on a tablet (not very convenient for a post that ends up being a lot longer than expected).

Also before anyone asks, my username has absolutely nothing to do with Sherlock.

• Brohoof 9

Hello and welcome to the forums Nice_watson! If you have any questions feel free to ask :) I hope you'll make alot of new friends here and have a great time! I'm looking forward to seeing you around!

And lastly... BROHOOF!
sig-3778906.sig-3773734.sig-3770591.sig-

• Brohoof 8

Hello Nice_Watson, and welcome to the forums!  :D

I hope you have a positively exquisite time here and that you make oodles of friends!  :)

Also feel free to PM either me or one of the other forum members if you require assistance or just want to chat!  :yay:

Also *hugs*  :P

15576__safe_twilight-sparkle_rainbow-das

• Brohoof 8

Hi @Nice_Watson and welcome to the MLP forums! It's great that you are here in a friendly community like the forums! I hope you have a great time and meet some wonderful friends here! :squee: If you need anything, feel free to send a PM to any member here if you'd like. :blush:

Enjoy! :twi:

• Brohoof 9

hello =)=)=)=)=)=) its nice to meet you =)=)=)=)=)=) Welcome here on the happy pony community site of MLP Forums =)=)=)=)=)=)=) I hope you can have great and fun pony times here =)=)=)=)=)=) with all of the ponies and friends =)=)=)=)=)=)=)=) and lots of fun =)=)=)=)=)=)

If you have any questions feel free to ask 0)=)=) *hug =)=)=)=)=)=)

• Brohoof 8

Hello there and welcome to the forums. It is great to have you here :). I hope you have a wonderful time here and make a lot of friends  :squee:

2000_follower_celebration_animation_by_f

• Brohoof 8

Welcome greetings salutations fellow British and Twilight fan! I hope you enjoy your time here among our wonderful, open-minded and helpful community while making many new fantastic friends. Have fun and explore!  :)

• Brohoof 8

post-31081-0-17680300-1420351588_thumb.png
Hey Nice_Watson, and welcome to the forums! :yay: It's great to have you here, and everypony would be happy to show you around or help with whatever if you wish~ :kindness: I hope you enjoy your stay in this friendly community, and feel free to PM or befriend anypony posting here if you'd like! :squee: And since you're interested in creativity, Octavia's Hall may be worth checking out~ ^.~

I am a big fan of fan fiction readings as my life involves a lot of walking

I've never been able to keep up with story readings for whatever reason (maybe because I distract myself too much x3) but listening to them while walking must be a lovely experience. :catface: What kind of fan fics do you like, out of curiosity? :fluttershy:

large.jpg

• Brohoof 9

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome!

This tablet is being impossible, let me dig out an actual computer.

Welcome greetings salutations fellow British and Twilight fan! I hope you enjoy your time here among our wonderful, open-minded and helpful community while making many new fantastic friends. Have fun and explore!  :)

Good to know there are people on this little island who are part of the mlpforums!  ^_^

I hope we can become good friends!

Hey Nice_Watson, and welcome to the forums! :yay: It's great to have you here, and everypony would be happy to show you around or help with whatever if you wish~ :kindness: I hope you enjoy your stay in this friendly community, and feel free to PM or befriend anypony posting here if you'd like! :squee: And since you're interested in creativity, Octavia's Hall may be worth checking out~ ^.~

I've never been able to keep up with story readings for whatever reason (maybe because I distract myself too much x3) but listening to them while walking must be a lovely experience. :catface: What kind of fan fics do you like, out of curiosity? :fluttershy:

Thanks for the recommendation, I'll be sure to check out Octavia's Hall a bit more tomorrow (today the servers went down :okiedokielokie: )

As for fan fics, I think I have probably enjoyed some of the dark ones the most while listening to them, as content producers such as ObabScribbler and TheLostNarrator on youtube can use music and sound effects to really create a chilling atmosphere. But I usually can enjoy most fanfics if they are well written and will usually trust the various people in the fanfic reading community on youtube to pick ones that are interesting to turn into audio. An exception is that I have stayed away from clop fics.

I also recently discovered royalcanterlotlibrary.net and have been going through and reading through their recommendations. (I've only recently begun actually reading again). I enjoyed "Friendship is Optimal" and "Friendship is Optimal: Always Say No" as they have an interesting concept which made me really think. I'm a few chapters into ponichaeism's "The Mare in The High Castle" and I'm enjoying their take on an alternate universe where there is eternal night in canterlot.

• Brohoof 8

Hello and welcome to the forums, Nice_Watson!  /)

It's great to meet you and i hope you have a fantastic time here!  :yay:

• Brohoof 6

Welcome to the forum! YAY!

sig-3779136.sig-3777320.sig-3777261.sig-
I hope you make a bunch of friends while you're here! And that you stick around for a long time!   :muffins:

Also, if you have any questions, concerns, or experience any issues, please feel free to let us know by creating a thread in the Site Questions & Tech Support forum, so we can get you answers, assurances, and/or solutions!   :muffins:

• Brohoof 5