Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gay marraige officially legalised in Ireland

GrauWitz

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/ireland-becomes-first-country-to-approve-same-sex-marriage-by-popular-vote-1.2223646

It is truly a fantastic day here in Ireland! Yesterday, the people of Ireland were given the chance to vote Yes or to vote No to legalising same-sex marraige in Ireland. The ballots have been counted, and the Yes vote has won! As a gay male who lives in Ireland, I am so happy to hear this news! :D

• Brohoof 13

This is great news! I'm not completely gay, but I still think it's pretty stupid to keep a normal marriage illegal simply because of their gender. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

Yes! Awesome! I can't wait for other countries to follow suit!

Also, the rainbow over Dublin was an amazing coincidence that just tickled me  :lol:

Edited by Clover Heart
  • Brohoof 4

Yes, this news really made my day. It's great day for everyone in Ireland. I was talking to someone today and she said one of her best friends is gay and she can't wait to go to the wedding. Plus, it is such a consistence that Eurovision is on and everyone knows who won last year.

• Brohoof 3

(edited)

Props to Ireland. Hope our justices make America follow suit in a few months. States rights is the absolute worst argument against it I have ever heard.

Edited by TwillyFSniper
  • Brohoof 5

I was delighted this evening, once I heard the news on the radio :pinkie:. The Yes side won by only a small bit! But they won!

The bad part about the referendum is that  some ridiculous (In my opinion) statements why Gay Marriage is unacceptable came up. Anybody who was listening to the radio or watching TV in Ireland would know of this.

• Brohoof 3

It's good to know other places are becoming more open-minded towards things and letting people live their lives how they want to live it. People should live happy and free of judgement and it's not a hard thing to do honestly. 

• Brohoof 3

100% happy that gay marriage is now legal in Ireland, as a fellow Irishwoman I feel proud and also it's nice to hear other countries and states accepting people who have different views and beliefs.

• Brohoof 5

I was thrilled to see it passed in the referendum - it's a weight off our shoulders to know that the majority of the country accepts us for who we are :D

• Brohoof 4

Let me guess..... America will be the last first world country to federally legalize gay marriage........ *sigh*

Anyways good going Ireland. I knew you could do it.

Unlikely.

Remember the whole "homosexuality is a sin" thing? Well, the Vatican is right in the middle of Italy, so I guess the last country (along with Vatican City itself) will be us :blush:

• Brohoof 1

http://youtu.be/IkzQcgyny0s

http://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/ireland-becomes-first-country-to-approve-same-sex-marriage-by-popular-vote-1.2223646

It is truly a fantastic day here in Ireland! Yesterday, the people of Ireland were given the chance to vote Yes or to vote No to legalising same-sex marraige in Ireland. The ballots have been counted, and the Yes vote has won! As a gay male who lives in Ireland, I am so happy to hear this news! :D

Yay congrats from America! I glad you guys did that!

• Brohoof 3

Congratulations to Ireland, seriously, that is awesome. Also I have to give some serious kudos to it being finalized by a public vote. Here in Indiana the federal government had to step in. Seeing this kind of news always puts a smile on my face. :)

• Brohoof 6

I'm not gay, but as a sheltered, middle-class young adult, I always find it hard to imagine places restricting basic rights like sexual orientation. That's really good for you, m8. I'm glad Ireland's allowed gay marriage.

• Brohoof 1