Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Gay marraige officially legalised in Ireland

GrauWitz

Ireland is a unitary state.

I wasn't referring to Ireland in that post, I was responding to Kyoshi mentioning the US government having to step in to legalize same-sex marriage in Indiana.

I wasn't referring to Ireland in that post, I was responding to Kyoshi mentioning the US government having to step in to legalize same-sex marriage in Indiana.

Oh. Didn't catch that then.

Wonderful. Can't wait till Germany will legalise it.

Let's celebrate this the irish way.

That's why i love ireland.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

MY NEW AND UPDATED THOUGHTS:

*drum roll*

Meh. It's all situational, so I can't say if this will benefit the country, or society, in a positive or negative light.

Edited by FlinchCat

I think it was a good idea to use a vote to help decide. It proves to the nation and any doubters that it *is* what most of the people want

Alrighty guys, thread is re-opened. 

Please keep in mind this is not a debate pit thread, but a general discussion thread.  That means this is not the place to discuss or debate your feelings on gay marriage in general.  All of the debating on gay marriage that was done in this thread has been removed.  If you want to express your support or disapproval of gay marriage legalization, you can do so in the debate pit mega-thread on the subject: https://mlpforums.com/topic/66417-what-do-you-think-of-homosexuality/

In essence: Want to go "woo-hoo" for the decision?  This is the place.  Want to do a 3 page rant on why homosexuality is evil or wonderful?  This is not the place.

• Brohoof 1

Seeing such a Christian country like Ireland legalising gay marriage is great and shows us that the world is changing. 

• Brohoof 2