Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What do you hate?

RainbowDashie2000

I hate when people are pushy with you, then get indignant when you push back. Or not even when you push back; even when you calmly and politely decline. This is especially so with salespeople. I hate shopping because of pushy salespeople. Yeah, I know they're on commission. That doesn't mean they have to berate me or yell at me when I don't wanna buy their product. In fact, that's a surefire way to get me to never come back again. Yeah, I hate all that shit.

It's definitely annoying. But the sad reality is there are a lot of sales people who are forced to push those products (extended warranties, etc) who don't get a commission. I worked at Staples for 13 years and when I first started, you got a commission. About 4 years in they got rid of the commission, but they still harassed managers and sales associates to push those things. And if the associates are unsuccessful in selling them, management has to put further pressure on them. Which just makes EVERYONE miserable.

Based on experience, that's why I don't hate it when they try to encourage me to buy those things. I just politely decline. Eventually, they let it go, and I'm sure they're as grateful to be beyond those unpleasant things as I am.

It's definitely annoying. But the sad reality is there are a lot of sales people who are forced to push those products (extended warranties, etc) who don't get a commission. I worked at Staples for 13 years and when I first started, you got a commission. About 4 years in they got rid of the commission, but they still harassed managers and sales associates to push those things. And if the associates are unsuccessful in selling them, management has to put further pressure on them. Which just makes EVERYONE miserable.

Based on experience, that's why I don't hate it when they try to encourage me to buy those things. I just politely decline. Eventually, they let it go, and I'm sure they're as grateful to be beyond those unpleasant things as I am.

I used to work in retail, too. I understand that they're in a situation where they're made to push things. And while I still don't like it, if they're nice enough about it, I'm okay with it. I'm thinking of the people who are really mean and rude about it. 

I had one time where I wanted to by one bottle of hand sanitizer. It was slightly cheaper per bottle to buy 5, but I was in a hurry and I didn't think I'd use 5. If I remember, I might not have had that much money on me, either. And the lady kept pushing me to get the sale, but I kept declining. And then she goes off on me, yelling, all like "Well why'd you come in here if you weren't gonna buy anything?!" And stupid crap like that. I understand that there's a lot of pressure to push sales, but I don't deserve to be treated like crap just because I didn't want to buy something.

And this isn't just a one-time thing. This has happened to me on numerous occassions at various places. It's just not right.

Add to that the fact that I struggle to say "no," to people, and I end up spending money I don't have on stuff I didn't need. If this ever happens to me, I make it a point never to go back to the store. There's pushing sales and then there's outright being disrespectful. Unfortunately, I've had plenty of the latter. That's probably a lot of why it evokes so much ire for me.
  • Brohoof 1

Fake Genders. It's not backed up by any real scientists, and it's just someone's desperate need to be different from everyone else so that they feel better about themselves.  :comeatus:   

Would you perhaps give some examples of these "fake" genders?

I used to work in retail, too. I understand that they're in a situation where they're made to push things. And while I still don't like it, if they're nice enough about it, I'm okay with it. I'm thinking of the people who are really mean and rude about it. 

I had one time where I wanted to by one bottle of hand sanitizer. It was slightly cheaper per bottle to buy 5, but I was in a hurry and I didn't think I'd use 5. If I remember, I might not have had that much money on me, either. And the lady kept pushing me to get the sale, but I kept declining. And then she goes off on me, yelling, all like "Well why'd you come in here if you weren't gonna buy anything?!" And stupid crap like that. I understand that there's a lot of pressure to push sales, but I don't deserve to be treated like crap just because I didn't want to buy something.

And this isn't just a one-time thing. This has happened to me on numerous occassions at various places. It's just not right.

Add to that the fact that I struggle to say "no," to people, and I end up spending money I don't have on stuff I didn't need. If this ever happens to me, I make it a point never to go back to the store. There's pushing sales and then there's outright being disrespectful. Unfortunately, I've had plenty of the latter. That's probably a lot of why it evokes so much ire for me.

That sounds like an unpleasant experience. I'm thankful to say the worst I have ever had to deal with is tech guys trying to push extended warranties, and after the third attempt they dropped it politely. I can't imagine getting yelled at for not taking advantage of a sale. I probably wouldn't shop there again either.

• Brohoof 1

I hated those "if you don't forward this text/email, you will die tomorrow" messages. I'm glad that it's not that much of a thing anymore as far as I can tell.

• Brohoof 1

"Hey students, we've all decided to jam all of your exams into the one day before this long holiday break! Have fun breaking your minds from studying for six different exams!"

Seriously? It's one of my biggest pet peeves with college, and it was a problem at my old high school as well.

When you want to eat something, and it falls out of your hands/off of your fork.
Like, not only did I not get to eat even though I was super excited about eating it 0.1 seconds ago, I'll also have to clean up the mess I didn't even want to make.

But it doesn't end there, oh no.

I have to throw away food that I actually really wanted to eat, as well.

There's literally nothing positive about that :c

THANKS OBAMA

I hate racism, people that hate gays, lesbians, bisexuals, etc., I hate people that hate other races like Jews or Irish or Mexicans, and I hate people that want to spread hatred and violence in the world.

So Donald Trump basically

Edited by PROJECT: Echo

My Hate List:

-Asking a simple Yes or No question and they answer angrily at you.

-Long lines in Food Courts like McDonalds, Rubio's, Buckhorn Grill, etc.

-Heavy traffic to the point that your stranded forever. >_>

Guess that's that. =/

Not a bad list. But that first one I can say is a bit weird. It depends on how that person's day has been and what they are going though