Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What did you want to be when you were little? (Or what do you want to be?)

Canary Yellow

I wanted to draw comics (like in the newspaper, NOT superhero ones, which I never had any interest in). I still have tons of these comics I drew from back then laying around somewhere. But they aren't worth showing. xD

In middle school, it switched pretty instantly to music. I started on the trumpet and wanted to be a famous jazz trumpet player! Lol. Now I realize I was thinking more jazz/funk/rock trumpeter. Obviously, I didn't stick with trumpet, though.

• Brohoof 1

As a kid, and into my teenage years, I always said I wanted to design roller coasters.  Thought I'd get a doctorate in mechanical engineering and work for Aerodynamics or something.  I still love coasters, but that wouldn't have been right for me at all.  Right now I make art for Redbubble, and I'm working on becoming an indie game developer.  That's all I realistically see myself doing.

For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to do something in science. When I was quite young, I tended to lean towards biology (ugh) because it was easier to relate to, then later on I favoured engineering. Now, my course is laid in for theoretical physics, with maybe some robotics on the side.

I wanted to be a nun. but that was because I thought you either had to get married or have a religious vocation. I didn't know being single was an option, and the last thing I wanted to do was think about boys. xD

I wanted to be a vet. But my parents were kinda all like "Well, you have to do math and science and you're not very good at either of those.*" So, I gave up on it. Then I wanted to be an artist, but I had an asshole art teacher who practically made me hate art, whereas before I loved it, and just when I was getting back into it, my art basically got torn to shreds by certain online communities. I'm just now, 7 years later, really getting back into my art. And now I'm a teacher, which is never something I ever wanted to do... Whoo hoo for low expectations and even lower goals...

*Not verbatim.

When I was little, my aunt asked what I wanted to be as an afult.

My response: A house

I always wanted to be a doctor when I was a younger child, and yet here I am in my teenage years and I can't even think about what doctors have to do. I am too afraid of looking at sick, dying, and dead people. More likely, I can't stand to look at blood and internal organs with feeling sick.

I wanted to be a scientist or a paleontologist.  I'm currently working as a software coop student and chances are that I'm going to stick with it or go into a trade. Writing documentation for my code is annoying enough let alone some of the papers you'd have to write up in those fields. If I had the marks when I got out of high school though, I would have probably pursued one of them.

I've always wanted to be a designer for an animation company. I still haven't figured out where to start, but I am learning the things about becoming a great designer, like colour palettes and style. Yet again I'm also reconsidering what I want to be when I grow up, as dealing with rivalries within the artist community is no fun.

When i was a kid i wanted to be a comedian. I like entertaining and making people laugh. But i don't deal too well with large crowds, and i get too nervous on stage to perform, so that idea kind of went out of the window.

I wanted to be a professional skater.

I am not a professional skater.

I am a casual skater.

I started every sentence with I and ended every sentence with skater.

I wanted to be a professional skater.

I am not a professional skater.

I am a casual skater.

I started every sentence with I and ended every sentence with skater.

(edited)

First I wanted to be a Pokemon Master. I thought that was an actual thing back in the day.

Then when I got a tad bit older I wanted to be the next Jim Carrey. I absolutely adored his silliness, crazy facial expressions, and comedy in movies like The Grinch, Ace Ventura, and Liar Liar. Obviously his career has gone down the drain now, but I just wanted to be a really funny actor.

That's now developed into me wanting to become a voice actor for anime, cartoons, video games and so on. I'd also like to be a director for anime and cartoons, a graphic designer, and an artist as well.

Edited by takai

(edited)

When I was a kid, I wanted to be an astronaut.

911821__safe_solo_princess+luna_pony_nig

Instead, I ended up being a boring, soulless accountant :lol:

I still would love to be an astronaut, but the cards don't have that in for me. Oh well. I actually really enjoy my work. :) Accounting is actually a lot of fun. You wouldn't think it on the outside, that that's what I thought, too. I hated it. Until my mom convinced me to take a couple accounting classes and I loved it. 

Edited by Space Woona
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

I wanted to be a vet because animals are cool. This was when I was 5 to about 9. Didn't really think about it much.

Then, when I was, like, 10, I wanted to be a marine biologist because I loved underwater creatures and found it so fascinating. Still do find it neat tbh. That carried on until I was about... eh, 14?

Now I want to be a teacher. :^)

Edited by Skye

When I was a kid I wanted to be a jockey, but then I realized later I was too tall to be one. Then I wanted to be a dog breeder for some reason.

Now I want to be an interior designer and open up my own business. :D

(edited)

I never had any ideas of what I wanted to be when I grew up. I knew that the ever-cliched jobs of Firefighter and Police Officer were dangerous, so I wasn't interested in pursuing those.

Because of this, I grew tired of people asking me the question. ^_^

Now I think I'll start a career in computer/electronics, somewhere in that area.

Edited by Greppertas

I wanted to be a fiction novel writer- still do, in fact!  :lol: Though there was a point- around when I was at my most religious- where becoming a monk or having some role in church sounded good.  :catface:

I was little when I wanted to be an inventor, I wanted to build a time machine to go back time and see my parents and my grandparents cuz I was afraid that I will be very lonely after they will die so...yeah.

Now I want to be...eh...a successful college student?