Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, how do you feel about spiders?

Jellyfish

I love spiders, I'm absolutely fascinated in them. I remember going on holiday to the US and having a black widow walk past my foot. I was so glad to have seen one. I couldn't take my eyes of it. I keep tarantulas as pets. I've got 10+ different species in my room right now. This is one my beauties right here. 

1wsTqVN.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Am I the only one that actually LIKES spiders? I think they are cool and adorable (except the poisonous ones. Don't want to go near those). If I see one in the house, I scoop it up in a container and release it outside. I'm weird I know. :P

Am I the only one that actually LIKES spiders? I think they are cool and adorable (except the poisonous ones. Don't want to go near those). If I see one in the house, I scoop it up in a container and release it outside. I'm weird I know. :P

Did you not see my post above with the giant spider pic? I'm fairly certain you're not the only one that likes spiders :P

Spiders no just no way jose. I respect animal life and I wouldn't kill one just out of being mean but spiders kind of freak me out. I've been bitten by one and the poison afterwards hurts so much. But it is amazing how they craft their webs and the different types of spiders are really interesting to see from *a far*.

Did you not see my post above with the giant spider pic? I'm fairly certain you're not the only one that likes spiders :P

I didn't read the post. So I guess I'm not the only one. xD

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...
(edited)

Ever since starting my veggie garden, I've learned that spiders and many other "pests" are actually useful, often preying on more damaging insects and protecting the crops.

I also appreciate bees and wasps much more now.  Nothing better that having tons of these swarming around me in the garden.

Edited by Flint Sparklehooves

I'm fine with spiders so long as they don't land on my face or in my hair.  Spiders webs on the other hand...  I hate running into them, it's like getting a whole new cardio workout.

They creep me out, but when it comes to most spiders, I have a live-and-let-live mentality. I'll leave a daddy-long-legs or one of those small window spiders alone, they help me take care of the flies. As long as they stay in their own territory of the windows or corners of the ceiling, we're square. Drop on me, however, then shit's on. Wolf spiders are too bold for my tastes, they like to run on me. But that's when my hard-soled sandal becomes my best friend. I have a respect based on horror for tarantulas, my father ran one over with the lawnmower once; it stalled the lawnmower and walked away fine. As horrifying as it was, you gotta respect that. Not to mention I like how docile some tarantulas can be, but I'm not gonna have one crawling on me. However, the "pointy" spiders are the ones that are in my "Oh hell no!" category. Those like black widows or brown recluses that just look like they have knives for legs really tweak my "kill it with fire!" impulse. Then there's that one cave spider from Laos, I think... given the fact that it's the size of a fuckin' king crab... yeah.

I am terrified of them. But I want to try and get over my phobia of them.

Oh. My. God. NO. Spiders (and any other bugs, frankly that don't maintain human life like bees) are the worst thing to happen in the entire world!! They have no right to be here! I SAY DEATH TO SPIDERS!! GRRRRRR!

Ahem. No, I don't like them AT ALL DARN IT!    :lol:  :lol:  :lol:Sorry for being such a Rarity about this, but I am not really fond of them. They sort of freak me out...  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: sig-3786489.sig-3786489.FANMADE_Shocked_

Lol! That's one hilarious reply! XD

• Brohoof 1

I like spiders, if they stay off me and my bed. I love watching them on my walls and ceiling.

They also keep away bugs that could possibly result in an infestation.

Spiders are just fascinating to me. Of course, I wouldn't want to meet one that is poisonous to humans.

I do like searching them, though. Reading about the more dangerous ones interests me, for some reason. As long as they're safety on my internet and not in my bedroom, they're cool.

• Brohoof 1

I've been on and off arachnophobic for a long time now. That's a very genuine arachnophobia by the way, with panic attacks and sweating, the works. However, despite that, I've always found them incredibly interesting. They're certainly one of the more unique creatures on the planet. I definitely have an appreciation for what they do for the eco-system, helping to keep the population of mosquitoes and other genuinely dangerous insects at bay. As I've continued to study and read up on them my fear of them started to diminish and as I started start to delve deeper I started to discover a treasure trove of genuinely cute spiders such as the Peacock Spider and the Smiley-Face Spider (I swear that is a real thing).

I'm sure my opinion could be very very different if I didn't live in England where the worst a spider could do is demonstrate some bad manners. If I lived in Australia, the home of Trap Door Spiders, Redbacks, Brown Recluse, Funnel Webs, etc, I'd probably feel a lot different.

• 2 months later...

Spiders are really cute and fascinating. They're also extremely impressive: so much skill and strength from such a (seemingly) tiny being.

• Brohoof 1

Nope, nope, nope, nopeing right outta here. I hate them and just the thought of them makes me shiver. Worst thing is when you see one and it suddenly disappears, so you spend the rest of your days wondering where the hell it went and if it's going to crawl on you during the middle of the night or something. Ugh.

Yep, I made my feelings about them pretty clear.  :lol:

I am the queen of spiders! They are under my command! Mwahahahaha!

Seriously though, I don't care too much about them since I have sort of a mutual agreement with the spiders in my house. I don't kill them as long as they stay away from me and everything is just wonderful.

Edited by Twi the Totodile