Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

So, how do you feel about spiders?

Jellyfish

• 2 months later...
(edited)

I like spiders. If I see one in my house I put it outside because I have a cat.

When I was a kid, I used to get funnel-web wolf spiders outside my bedroom window that would make sideways tornado looking webs. The narrow bottom part  of the web would go between the brick motor and shutter where the spider could hide. I would bash carpenter ants and wasps and feed it. It got to the point where the spider would come up to greet me instead of hiding like they normally do if they see someone.

Now the only thing I do with spiders is macro photography. If I find a jumping spider I pick them up because they won't bite unless you're REALLY trying to get bit.

Here's one of my best pictures. It's a fishing spider carrying an egg sack.

post-24370-0-78117900-1474729803_thumb.jpg

Edited by Cirrus.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Spiders are awesome! If you wind one in your house, consider yourself lucky because they are free pest control! They're super cute, and nature needs them. 

Edited by TheNewBrony

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently I've already posted in here but I do NOT like spiders. They have been on my mind every so often, so I sometimes stop to check my room to make sure there are no spiders in it. When walking, I am conditioned to take a close look at any small, dark spots that appear on the floor to see if it's a spider or not. If I have to stay in one place for a lengthy period of time such as a shower, I must take a close look at every corner and behind every object to make sure there's no spider hiding. One unfortunate soul thought it was comfy to sit by a shampoo bottle. Me and a spider CANNOT exist in the same room, so I deal with them using a portable, battery based vacuum since it's a good ranged weapon that allows me to redirect the spider's location. If a vacuum is out of access, I can't bring myself to deal with the spider in any other way, so I can end up sleeping in a different room, on the couch for example. It's a scary battle because I need to aim the vacuum at just the right angle, or else the spider won't get sucked in. The spider can start moving at a fast pace which gives me the chills, and now that spider is ready to get on the move and start being unpredictable with where its location is, which is bad when they choose to hide somewhere. I understand that spiders are good to have in this world, but if a spider dares to enter my house, I no longer consider him a good creature. A spider who enters someone's home unsolicited has lost all of its dignity as a respectable creature and its life does not matter to me anymore.

To be honest, spiders creep me out. However, I’ve read that a single spider in your home can eat hundreds or even thousands of pest bugs in a year. When I learned that, I realized that they are very good to have around. So when I see one in my apartment, I make every effort not to bother it; I know that it’s helping me out.

I'm a big fan of them as long as they're not on me or in any position where they might fall on me from a ceiling or something. But beyond that, they eat annoying bugs so they're all right in my book.