Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Poniverse Spring Has Sprung Contest Extension

Batbrony

Good morning, everypony!  I hope you all are doing well on this lovely Memorial Day (apologies to any non-U.S. bronies who don't understand what holiday I'm talking about  ;)).  Just got a quick update for any pony who previously expressed interest in entering the Poniverse Spring Has Sprung Contest on Fimfiction; due to a number of potential entrants conveying that their schedules are quite busy at the moment, the contest deadline for submitting an entry has been extended from the original date of May 31, to Sunday, June 14, 2015.

That's all, everypony, have a pleasant day.  If you have any questions about the contest itself, feel free to contact me here or on Fimfiction, and if you'd like more information about the contest, just click on the following link: Poniverse Spring Has Sprung Contest

• Brohoof 5

Good. I had almost given up on entering since I couldn't come up with any good story ideas, but I think one might be budding, and this means I should have time to flesh it out. :)

Glad to hear it.  Just sounded like a lot of people were really pressed for time at the moment, so it just made sense, really.

• Brohoof 3

Sweet!  wasn't sure if I was going to make it.  finally started my story while flying back from Orlando to atlanta last night (ground stop for 2 hours = more writing time!  lol)

• Brohoof 2

Celestia bless you, Bro. I had a load of ideas I am just raring to get done but exams were going to make me miss the deadline by a mile. Now I get a spare week or so to bang out a fic I'm happy with.

Fear me competitors, sub-par ponyfiction on the way!

• Brohoof 3

Gawd dayumit, I realised I wasn't going to get it finished on time so I gave up. If I had known there was going to be an extension I would have kept going. I'm behind now :(

• Brohoof 2

Gawd dayumit, I realised I wasn't going to get it finished on time so I gave up. If I had known there was going to be an extension I would have kept going. I'm behind now :(

In the words of Jason Nesmith, "Never give up. Never surrender."  :fluttershy:

Hey it's OK, you still got over two weeks to get something out, I'm sure you could put something together in that time.  :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

YAY!! I just found out about it but i've writen 8 chapters in one day, why not do more ;)

Question: Do we post it any specific place or just like how we would regularly post stuff? 

Post it in this group on Fimfiction in the folder marked "Spring has Sprung Contest Entries."  You'll find the folder by clicking on the 'Stories' tab.  If you haven't joined the group yet, please do so.

Poniverse Fimfiction Group

• Brohoof 1

Well, I was going to do this, but now my FiMFiction account won't let me save my work :angry::(

Hmmm... I don't usually save my work on Fimfiction, so I can't say for sure whether you can or can't do that, but I don't believe you can, not on Fimfiction at least.  My advice is to write it either on Microsoft Word or Google Docs, something that can for sure be saved, and then just copy-and-paste the final product to Fimfiction when you're ready to upload it, that's what I always do.  Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.  :muffins:

• Brohoof 1

Hmmm... I don't usually save my work on Fimfiction, so I can't say for sure whether you can or can't do that, but I don't believe you can, not on Fimfiction at least.  My advice is to write it either on Microsoft Word or Google Docs, something that can for sure be saved, and then just copy-and-paste the final product to Fimfiction when you're ready to upload it, that's what I always do.  Hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions.  :muffins:

OK, that's what I'll do. There's a save button on FiMFiction, and I thought it would be easier to do that since copy & pasting on an iPad can sometimes be tricky.

• Brohoof 2

OK, that's what I'll do. There's a save button on FiMFiction, and I thought it would be easier to do that since copy & pasting on an iPad can sometimes be tricky.

Ah, I didn't know you were using an iPad, but hopefully it shouldn't be too tricky.  Good luck, and like I said, let me know if you need help for anything else.  Here's also a link to Fimfiction's Writing Guide and FAQ page which should give you some nice pointers if you need them as well as answer many questions you may have about uploading your fic, new chapters, coverart, etc.

Fimfiction FAQ Page

Fimfiction Writing Guide

• Brohoof 1

Ah, I didn't know you were using an iPad, but hopefully it shouldn't be too tricky.  Good luck, and like I said, let me know if you need help for anything else.  Here's also a link to Fimfiction's Writing Guide and FAQ page which should give you some nice pointers if you need them as well as answer many questions you may have about uploading your fic, new chapters, coverart, etc.

Fimfiction FAQ Page

Fimfiction Writing Guide

Thanks a heap, I'll make sure and check those out :muffins:

• Brohoof 2

Thanks a heap, I'll make sure and check those out :muffins:

No problem, always happy to help new writers on Fimfic.  :D

• Brohoof 1

usually that works.  I wrote my short story that way, just writing in fimfiction and hitting save.  however, sometimes it doesn't work, like the page times out or something.  so be careful!  If you type it into google docs, fimfiction has an 'import from Gdocs' button, so you don't have to copy/paste.  hope that helps!

• Brohoof 3

Too bad only a couple people entered the contest so far. I decided to enter so we'll at least have three winners if nobody else will.

still working on mine.  should be ready in a few days.  last-minute kind of thing!

• Brohoof 3

Welp, with just one day left in the competition, I once again can't write something pony! XD Weird, I just wrote this cool scene for a story with humans and fantasy, but couldn't figure out something charming with ponies. :P

Anyways, I hope more than two fics were submitted :o Good luck guys~!!

• Brohoof 1

Welp, with just one day left in the competition, I once again can't write something pony! XD Weird, I just wrote this cool scene for a story with humans and fantasy, but couldn't figure out something charming with ponies. :P

Anyways, I hope more than two fics were submitted :o Good luck guys~!!

That's too bad. I wish there was some competition but at least I'll get a drawing this time. Maybe you can enter next time. And I was the third and likely final entry.

• Brohoof 2

That's too bad. I wish there was some competition but at least I'll get a drawing this time. Maybe you can enter next time. And I was the third and likely final entry.

I hope so :P It's a little disappointing that things like this don't get more participants. I bet a lot of people would have had neat ideas. Including me, if I'd ever been able to think of one :P

• Brohoof 2