Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Exploration Team Of Equestria and Beyond

Dakcka

(edited)

Serenity boarded the train and stopped at his seat. Getting his bags off was always tricky. But that's what his modifications were for. He touched a button that unclipped the clip on his underside, then shook off his bags and kicked them under his seat. 

Well this is one antisocial group. Can't really blame them, we've only known each other for about an hour. He sat down and lost himself in a bit of thought. 

So lets see... a fighter, a leader, magician...quite the diverse group, so we'll have some unique talents. That makes a good group. I just hope we can all get along.​ He looked around again. nopony was really talking to each other. He sighed and thought of his family back home. They would be worried, but he was gone often. They wouldn't worry much, especially if they got his letter. He snapped back to reality and realized he was sitting next to Destiny, the team leader.

​Hey, socializing opportunity! I might as well try and get to know everypony here better when I can. We're all in this together after all. He turned to her.

​"Hi, I never heard you introduce anything about you up there. Mind doing that now?"

Edited by ThornFlare
  • Brohoof 1

Blaze was idly sitting alone in the train cart. Not because he was afraid to talk, but he needed to prepare himself mentaly. Slash 360 degrees, while side stepping a hammer blow, then turn around and daze him with sand, while delivering a blow to his head to knock him out While thinking about all this, Blaze began to do it in the cart. He began to slash in the air, while punching, and sidestepping. Blaze then ignited his sword, with his special talent, and began slashing wildly in the air. For people looking right now, it would look like a fire tornado, just with a pony controlling it. After finishing his display, Blaze opened his eyes, to go over and try the techniques he just thought about. But then he realized he had performed them while thinking Blaze chuckled "Old habits die hard" He went over to his seat again, and decided to try and formulate the smartest way for him to protect everyone. "Hmmm... If i go here in this area, i will get a perfect view over everything, i should probably also talk with the other fighter in our group about this"

Dax sat at the back of the passenger car, trying not to stick out too much.

He felt rather lucky that nopony had recognized him yet, and was surprised that his speech had gone so well.  In fact, he was certain he'd actually felt useful back there; a feeling he'd found difficult to elicit from his own family, much less other ponies.  He sat and mused over this for quite a moment, taking a smooth green apple from his satchel & munching it idly as he thought.  He watched the landscape go rushing by, pondering the group as a whole & wondering how long the entire venture would take.

Not that he was in any hurry for it to be over - quite the contrary, he was beginning to look forward to the idea of being actually working within a group.  Granted, there was the albatross of being recognized hanging over his head, but still... still...

This could really work out well for me.  I mean, it could prove to Father that I have what it takes to get by in this world, and maybe even Mother would approve of my choices - and for more than just profit.  This could be what I've been waiting for...

A small, sweet smile crossed his muzzle, and he settled back into his seat a bit more.

Let's see... Blaze seems rather competent.  That'll be good - we need a guard who knows their oats.  He watched as Blaze did his thing, and lifted an eyebrow.  Impressive.  I don't think we'll have much to worry about with him here.  Trouble beware.

Serenity?  Well, there's no doubt that jury-rigging things will come in handy, so there's that.  Actually, that's a rather good thing, as I have no idea how to do such a thing.  He must be rather brilliant; hopefully I won't embarrass myself by saying something dumb around him.

Midnight Rose... such an elegant name.  And she says she's REALLY good at... what did she call it... 'Old Magic'?  Well, I don't know much about magic at all - so it's a good thing she does.  Let's hope she'll only have to use the smallest of spells for this trip; if we DO need the big magics, she'll be the one to turn to, I'll bet.

Pat and that staff - I'm glad that Blaze isn't the only fighter here.  That'll help out fantastically.  Makes me wonder what other tricks are hiding in his coat pockets?  Dax grinned, but quickly wiped the smile from his muzzle; he didn't want to look crazy, after all.  But still, he seems totally calm & collected - that will certainly be needed in the time to come.

River.  I'm a little worried about her... those wheels might become an issue if we reach rocky terrain, but I get the feeling Pat will take her up & over any obstacles we come across.  Hopefully, if all else fails, maybe Serenity could come up with something?  All the same, though - she seems smart, having done the hoofwork in gathering info on where we're headed, so I'm fairly certain that her smarts alone will balance out any other issues.  Still, I should try to make sure she's okay when a fight breaks out - make it easier on Pat.

And then there's Destiny... I think she's holding back.  If she gains enough confidence, she'll be a heckuva leader; we'll have to work on boosting her a bit.  Maybe if I can get her to see she's quite able to do this, she'll come around.  Hopefully, we all will...

Dax stopped his thoughts.  He realized he just thought 'we', as if he were actually a part of the group.  He didn't stop the little smile this time.

Who knows?  Maybe I'll make a real frie-... well, let's not jinx it, right?

He sat back and continued watching the scenery go by, lost in thought and smiling ever-so-slightly.

• Brohoof 2

Spellbind was currently with the rest of the exploration group. She knew that her magic could help them out immensely, but she wasn't about to reveal her developmental disability so easily. Only in an emergency would she do something like that.

Spellbind doubted herself a lot, and compared herself with ponies who had more severe disabilities. Which, in turn, made her feel like a horrible person.

She decided that she was not going to dwell on that any further. Save the emotions for later, she didn't want to interrupt the group.

Still she needed some company. She often told herself this, that a good step on becoming a good member of society would be to get out more, maybe find somepony nice...

But she would focus on just friends for now. Because who'd want to be with her... She elected to sit with Blaze, the stallion who she had bumped into with yesterday and had shown her concern. Her constant varying levels of sadness wasn't exactly a subtle thing... "Hi," she said with a sweet smile, wanting to talk with him more.@,

• Brohoof 1

Spellbind was currently with the rest of the exploration group. She knew that her magic could help them out immensely, but she wasn't about to reveal her developmental disability so easily. Only in an emergency would she do something like that.

Spellbind doubted herself a lot, and compared herself with ponies who had more severe disabilities. Which, in turn, made her feel like a horrible person.

She decided that she was not going to dwell on that any further. Save the emotions for later, she didn't want to interrupt the group.

Still she needed some company. She often told herself this, that a good step on becoming a good member of society would be to get out more, maybe find somepony nice...

But she would focus on just friends for now. Because who'd want to be with her... She elected to sit with Blaze, the stallion who she had bumped into with yesterday and had shown her concern. Her constant varying levels of sadness wasn't exactly a subtle thing... "Hi," she said with a sweet smile, wanting to talk with him more.@,

Blaze sat by the table. Map in one hoof, and some water in the other hoof. "Hmmmm.... If we take this route, we might be a lot safer then the other route." Said Blaze out loud. Completely oblivious to the mare who was making her way to him "But then again, while we might get away from bandits that way, we will have more trouble with rock climbing here..."." So many choices" Said Blaze out loud, and got himself some more water. He decided to rest for a bit, to clear up his thoughts once again. Once he was relaxed he got up again Looks like the ponies didn't care about my missing eye, so that's one less thing to worry about Thought Blaze while taking a sip of the refreshing cold water. He looked at the map again, and tried to memorize all the checkpoints, and positions to flee too if they encounter a storm. "Alright, i still have some time to kill" Just as he was about to leave he saw the mare from earlier walk in Ahhh, that's the one i bumped into,  guess i won't mind some company "Hi" Said the mare. Another one who isn't confident "Hey, how are you miss...? I'm sorry i didn't catch your name, when we bumped into each other" Said Blaze while chuckling

Destiny was startled by the pony sitting beside her, she turned to look at Serenity. Destiny wasn't used to ponies actually sitting with her.

​"Hi, I never heard you introduce anything about you up there. Mind doing that now?" Serenity asked, looking at her. Destiny didn't know what to say. She look down at her hoof, and sighed. 

"My name is Destiny Savvy, I'm the leader of the team. I'm good at plotting courses, and thinking of strategy." Destiny blushed and looked up. Tell him about your disguising abilities, it'll be fine. She thought to herself. She looked back to him. 

"So I think your abilities could be useful if we need to repair something. Do you think you can fix my bow? I kind of broke it when putting it back." She held up her bow, which was snapped in half. The string was disconnected. She gave it to him, and sat there eagerly waiting for him to respond. She had to give herself props for changing the topic from her talents and abilities, but shelegit wanted her bow fixed. She watched Serenity as he looked at it.

(edited)

"My name is Destiny Savvy, I'm the leader of the team. I'm good at plotting courses, and thinking of strategy." Destiny said. He knew her name, but being able to plot courses was good. that meant at least somepony knew where they were headed.

"So I think your abilities could be useful if we need to repair something. Do you think you can fix my bow? I kind of broke it when putting it back." That caught him a bit off gaurd. So early in the journey he hadn't expected anything to be broken.

She handed him the bow and he looked at it. This doesn't look to hard to fix, I just need the materials.

"Sure, I can fix it. Just give a minute to get everything" He said. Now just don't mess up in front of her.

He grabbed his bags and found where he keeps the materials. Clicking a button on the bottom, the materials lifted slightly. Not so much that they fell out, but enough so that it was easier to grab, and so that he didn't have to pour everything out. Lets see...Wood glue, something to hold it in place...cloth should do it. And a new string. He looked at the bow again, then picked up the glue and took off the cap. He put some glue on one end, then connected both parts, shoving them a bit so the glue stayed. He then wrapped some cloth around the crack and pinned it in place. That would help strengthen it, especially while the glue dried. Finally, he took the string and tied it to either end, quickly testing it to make sure it held. He then put everything back in his bags and closed them.

"There, all done. What do you think?" He said as he handed the bow back to Destiny.

Edited by ThornFlare

Serenity really looked like he knew what he was doing, she was about to slip away, when he started testing the string. Destiny looked to him and tilted her head. 

"There, all done. What do you think?" Serenity asked, as he put the bow into Destiny's magical grip. Destiny was surprised, this is the best her bow has ever felt. She put it onto her back and nodded. 

"Thank you, Serenity! It looks great!" She wanted to hug him, but she figured that wouldn't be business like, and she shook his hoof and went to the back, where Dax was sitting. She sat next to him, and looked at him. 

"That Serenity is really something, isn't he? He fixed my bow!" She said, more proud than she should be. She looked back to Dax and cleared her throat. You can do it, just ask him. Destiny thought to herself. She finally decided to pony up and ask him, she looked at him again.

"Listen, Dax. I've noticed you've been acting weird around everypony, it's a little awkward but I don't think that's it. You seem different to me, like there is something off about you. You're special. The others on the team are great, but you just have this way of approaching things. I like it. If you're going to be awkward around the team, that's fine. But you don't have to be awkward around me." She blushed and looked at the ground. 

"I really need you to brighten up, Dax."

"That Serenity is really something, isn't he? He fixed my bow!"  Dax nearly jumped out of his horseflesh.  He turned and saw Destiny seated next to him, looking bright and sunny.  He lifted his eyebrows and nodded, but it was obvious she'd surprised him.  

That's what you get for daydreaming, he mused.

"Listen, Dax. I've noticed you've been acting weird around everypony, it's a little awkward but I don't think that's it. You seem different to me, like there is something off about you."

Oh no... she recognizes you!  You FOOL!  Now comes the part where she tells me I've been voted out by her and the others because I'm a 'stinking rock-kicker'!  I can't believe it!  Once more, my family messed EVERYTHING up for me!  I'll never-

"You're special."

... do what now?

"The others on the team are great, but you just have this way of approaching things. I like it."

Dax was absolutely flabbergasted.  He couldn't think of a word to say.  He couldn't think.  Here was this brave pony who had the courage to gather a team to strive against great odds, so that ponies in peril could have a chance... actually complimenting him.  He hadn't been prepared for that; of course, she'd also snuck up beside him earlier.  Dax thought that it was more proof of her ability to lead... of course, it could also be the idea that Dax was extremely nervous about being recognized, and everything was setting him on edge.

"If you're going to be awkward around the team, that's fine. But you don't have to be awkward around me." 

Dax blinked.  He looked at her, and tried on a sheepish smile.  It fit amusingly in place onto the worried look already there, and even lent him a bit of foalish charm.

"I really need you to brighten up, Dax."

"I'll... I'll try, Destiny.  I just have a lot on my mind, I guess."  He ran a hoof through his mane and tried to sit up further, straighter & more awake-looking.  "Sorry if I was slacking or... weirding the others out.  I'm.."  He set his features again, the professional look rolling across his muzzle.  "I'm wondering what info you have about the first stop coming up.  What'll we do there, what we'll need & where we're going.  Speaking of which..."

Dax reaches under the seat and pulls out the second satchel he brought.  He lifts it up, sets it between himself and Destiny and opens it up.  Inside, there's what appear to be a LOT of bits, filling the sack to near bursting. 

"I believe our little... 'visitor' last night may have been the answer to our money problems; this is what I found on him when I searched.  I hereby donate it to the expedition, as I'm also fairly certain that some of this is yours."  He pushed the satchel over to Destiny, a small self-satisfied smile on his face that he managed to hide by clearing his throat, a hoof over his mouth.

"I'm sorry I've been weird, but... well, I'm just a worrier, I guess."  Dax shrugged.

Blaze sat by the table. Map in one hoof, and some water in the other hoof. "Hmmmm.... If we take this route, we might be a lot safer then the other route." Said Blaze out loud. Completely oblivious to the mare who was making her way to him "But then again, while we might get away from bandits that way, we will have more trouble with rock climbing here..."." So many choices" Said Blaze out loud, and got himself some more water. He decided to rest for a bit, to clear up his thoughts once again. Once he was relaxed he got up again Looks like the ponies didn't care about my missing eye, so that's one less thing to worry about Thought Blaze while taking a sip of the refreshing cold water. He looked at the map again, and tried to memorize all the checkpoints, and positions to flee too if they encounter a storm. "Alright, i still have some time to kill" Just as he was about to leave he saw the mare from earlier walk in Ahhh, that's the one i bumped into,  guess i won't mind some company "Hi" Said the mare. Another one who isn't confident "Hey, how are you miss...? I'm sorry i didn't catch your name, when we bumped into each other" Said Blaze while chuckling

Spellbind sat down with him and already had her bag opened in case she felt the need to take something out. "My name?" she said. "Oh right, of course! Ofall the few things we talked about yesterday we didn't get each other's names. Well if you're really interested in me enough to want to know what my name is, I won't deny you that. My name is Spellbind," she said. That was just a thing about her, she couldn't go a day without beating herself up. She looked down at the map Blaze was holding and took note of the paths and locations that were marked down on it. Perhaps she could stick by Blaze's side on the adventure. He had a map, and he seemed the most likely to make friends with her, and he seemed skilled and tough. If the leader announced a buddy system, he knew who she could pull towards her and cling onto.

She picked up her bag and put it on her lap. She held the opening ends apart tighter and reached in and grabbed some snacks. "So... are you hungry?" she asked sweetly. and pulled down a flip table and put the snacks down onto them.

Spellbind sat down with him and already had her bag opened in case she felt the need to take something out. "My name?" she said. "Oh right, of course! Ofall the few things we talked about yesterday we didn't get each other's names. Well if you're really interested in me enough to want to know what my name is, I won't deny you that. My name is Spellbind," she said. That was just a thing about her, she couldn't go a day without beating herself up. She looked down at the map Blaze was holding and took note of the paths and locations that were marked down on it. Perhaps she could stick by Blaze's side on the adventure. He had a map, and he seemed the most likely to make friends with her, and he seemed skilled and tough. If the leader announced a buddy system, he knew who she could pull towards her and cling onto.

She picked up her bag and put it on her lap. She held the opening ends apart tighter and reached in and grabbed some snacks. "So... are you hungry?" she asked sweetly. and pulled down a flip table and put the snacks down onto them.

Blaze sat with his glass of water and listened intently to the mares presentation of herself. Well if you're really interested in me enough to want to know what my name is. I wont deny you that. Ny name is Spellbind" Blaze smiled. "Well my name is Blazedtime. Though you probably already knew that, from my presentation." He sighed "And you probably also know about my missing eye" she then pulled out some snacks "so... Are you hungry?" Asked the mare. Blaze gave sn apologetic smile "I really appreciate the gesture, really, i do, miss bind. But i have already eaten." This mare seemed so... Unsure Thought Blaze. He then noticed her hat, which looked like it rarely came off. Hmm... Maybe she has an injury like me? Thought Blaze " So how about you take your hat off" said blaze while hesitently removing his shades. It's all or nothing thought Blaze He watched the mares panicked face. Oh oh, i think i have screwed this up Thought Blaze. Then he tried something else "So how about we partner up on this, little journey? I wont be able to walk with you much since i'm going to be the guard. Unless you want to walk, a bit... Away from the group" said Blaze with his most warm smile

Blaze sat with his glass of water and listened intently to the mares presentation of herself. Well if you're really interested in me enough to want to know what my name is. I wont deny you that. Ny name is Spellbind" Blaze smiled. "Well my name is Blazedtime. Though you probably already knew that, from my presentation." He sighed "And you probably also know about my missing eye" she then pulled out some snacks "so... Are you hungry?" Asked the mare. Blaze gave sn apologetic smile "I really appreciate the gesture, really, i do, miss bind. But i have already eaten." This mare seemed so... Unsure Thought Blaze. He then noticed her hat, which looked like it rarely came off. Hmm... Maybe she has an injury like me? Thought Blaze " So how about you take your hat off" said blaze while hesitently removing his shades. It's all or nothing thought Blaze He watched the mares panicked face. Oh oh, i think i have screwed this up Thought Blaze. Then he tried something else "So how about we partner up on this, little journey? I wont be able to walk with you much since i'm going to be the guard. Unless you want to walk, a bit... Away from the group" said Blaze with his most warm smile

"And you probably also know about my missing eye" said Blaze. Spellbind seemed very surprised and shocked. "N-no! Not in the slightest!" she cried. "Sorry, I haven't exactly been keeping up with things. I really need to get more involved with this team. Gosh I fell so horrible, not being informed on something such as... such as... this." She couldn't resist reaching in and giving Blaze a hug to express her sympathy and support. "You have my condolences, Blazedtime, you really do."

"I suppose it can't hurt to tell you about what I have..." she said. She had always hated her deformation, but it seemed like a minor inconvenience in comparison to having an eye missing. How could that have happened? However it had, it did not sound pleasant. "Here goes nothing..." Blazedtime had been correct, Spellbind took off her hat once in a blue moon. She often even slept in it, unless it got uncomfortable for her sleep and she had to take it off. She took her hat off to reveal what she was hiding. Her horn, ending flatly rather than in a point.

"And you probably also know about my missing eye" said Blaze. Spellbind seemed very surprised and shocked. "N-no! Not in the slightest!" she cried. "Sorry, I haven't exactly been keeping up with things. I really need to get more involved with this team. Gosh I fell so horrible, not being informed on something such as... such as... this." She couldn't resist reaching in and giving Blaze a hug to express her sympathy and support. "You have my condolences, Blazedtime, you really do."

"I suppose it can't hurt to tell you about what I have..." she said. She had always hated her deformation, but it seemed like a minor inconvenience in comparison to having an eye missing. How could that have happened? However it had, it did not sound pleasant. "Here goes nothing..." Blazedtime had been correct, Spellbind took off her hat once in a blue moon. She often even slept in it, unless it got uncomfortable for her sleep and she had to take it off. She took her hat off to reveal what she was hiding. Her horn, ending flatly rather than in a point.

Sorry, I haven't exactly been keeping up with things. I really need to get more involved with this team. Gosh I fell so horrible, not being informed on something such as... such as... this." She couldn't resist reaching in and giving Blaze a hug to express her sympathy and support. "You have my condolences, Blazedtime, you really do." Blaze was taken back by the sympathy. "It's quite alright. I don't usually show my injury." He was about to say more, untill she took of her hat. Wow, that must be a huge blow for a unicorn Thought Blaze "Wow, i didn't expect that, can you still do magic with your horn?" Asked Blaze He pointed at his missing eye, were there was a huge scratch. "Abd how i got this scar "."Remember how the leader said they got a 'royal guard'?" Blaze sighed and shook his head "The royal guards are a bunch of stallions wearing armor for parades, and such. So Celestia created a team called Phoenix operation squad, and made me the commander. So during a mission in the griffon kingdom, i let my guard down, and got my eye clawed out" he sighed "That's why i wear these shades, because of mt injury, and my broken pride"

Sorry, I haven't exactly been keeping up with things. I really need to get more involved with this team. Gosh I fell so horrible, not being informed on something such as... such as... this." She couldn't resist reaching in and giving Blaze a hug to express her sympathy and support. "You have my condolences, Blazedtime, you really do." Blaze was taken back by the sympathy. "It's quite alright. I don't usually show my injury." He was about to say more, untill she took of her hat. Wow, that must be a huge blow for a unicorn Thought Blaze "Wow, i didn't expect that, can you still do magic with your horn?" Asked Blaze He pointed at his missing eye, were there was a huge scratch. "Abd how i got this scar "."Remember how the leader said they got a 'royal guard'?" Blaze sighed and shook his head "The royal guards are a bunch of stallions wearing armor for parades, and such. So Celestia created a team called Phoenix operation squad, and made me the commander. So during a mission in the griffon kingdom, i let my guard down, and got my eye clawed out" he sighed "That's why i wear these shades, because of mt injury, and my broken pride"

According to Blaze's story, he had been the commander of a squad of royal troops known as phoenix operation squad, and during a mission in the girffon kingdom he had gotten his eye clawed out. Spellbind seemed aghast at the thought of such a thing and could even feel it. Imagining a claw going into her eye and making it a bunch of red jelly and juices...

"Broken pride?" she said. "I cannot comprehend why you would think that. If your eye got clawed out during a mission, it just goes to show that you were dedicated to protecting the kingdom of Equestria." She put her hoof on his lap.

"Wow I didn't expect that, can you still do magic with your horn?" asked Blaze. "It took me a lot of effort, but I succeeded in learning levitation. Having a chunk of my horn missing very much hinders my ability to learn and perform magic. In fact, sometimes, I have a burst out magic and it does something wild and unpredictable. For example, I made a bride turn to jelly once. Raspberry, to be specific. Until the problem was solved, we had to ward off ponies coming towards it with a spoon. This other time, I turned this guy into a baby."

According to Blaze's story, he had been the commander of a squad of royal troops known as phoenix operation squad, and during a mission in the girffon kingdom he had gotten his eye clawed out. Spellbind seemed aghast at the thought of such a thing and could even feel it. Imagining a claw going into her eye and making it a bunch of red jelly and juices...

"Broken pride?" she said. "I cannot comprehend why you would think that. If your eye got clawed out during a mission, it just goes to show that you were dedicated to protecting the kingdom of Equestria." She put her hoof on his lap.

"Wow I didn't expect that, can you still do magic with your horn?" asked Blaze. "It took me a lot of effort, but I succeeded in learning levitation. Having a chunk of my horn missing very much hinders my ability to learn and perform magic. In fact, sometimes, I have a burst out magic and it does something wild and unpredictable. For example, I made a bride turn to jelly once. Raspberry, to be specific. Until the problem was solved, we had to ward off ponies coming towards it with a spoon. This other time, I turned this guy into a baby."

Blaze looked at Spellbind as she prossesed the information, she shivered for a bit Looks like wounds like that, disturp ponies who knew Said Blaze only to realize what he had thought Wow, did i just think like that? I'm beginning to be really insensetive Thought Blaze"Broken pride?" she said. "I cannot comprehend why you would think that. If your eye got clawed out during a mission, it just goes to show that you were dedicated to protecting the kingdom of Equestria." Said Spell, and put a hoof on his lap. A bit startled by her sudden resurance, he almost yelped. Blaze didn't like surprises. "Well my dear, for you who are not military units, this seems lke nothing. But to one who has trained 5 years just so a thing like that couldn't happen." Blaze shook his head "It's humiliating for someone like me to get a mortal wound, out of pure laziness" He sighed. Blaze got alarms in his head, when she said that she has random bursts of magic, but calmed down when it wasn't anything harmfull. He even chuckled, when she told him about the fending off part. "Wow, a laugh? From the emotionless Blaze? That's weird Thought Blaze. "So, do you want to take a stroll though the train? I could use some movement" Said Blaze while stretching out his sore back muscles

Blaze looked at Spellbind as she prossesed the information, she shivered for a bit Looks like wounds like that, disturp ponies who knew Said Blaze only to realize what he had thought Wow, did i just think like that? I'm beginning to be really insensetive Thought Blaze"Broken pride?" she said. "I cannot comprehend why you would think that. If your eye got clawed out during a mission, it just goes to show that you were dedicated to protecting the kingdom of Equestria." Said Spell, and put a hoof on his lap. A bit startled by her sudden resurance, he almost yelped. Blaze didn't like surprises. "Well my dear, for you who are not military units, this seems lke nothing. But to one who has trained 5 years just so a thing like that couldn't happen." Blaze shook his head "It's humiliating for someone like me to get a mortal wound, out of pure laziness" He sighed. Blaze got alarms in his head, when she said that she has random bursts of magic, but calmed down when it wasn't anything harmfull. He even chuckled, when she told him about the fending off part. "Wow, a laugh? From the emotionless Blaze? That's weird Thought Blaze. "So, do you want to take a stroll though the train? I could use some movement" Said Blaze while stretching out his sore back muscles

"So do you want to take a stroll through the train? I could use some movement." said Blaze as he stretched out his sore back muscles.

"Sure, you know, that actually sounds pretty nice," said Spellbind. Going for a walk sounded like a rather cheap idea, but at this moment, she felt she could really use one, especially if she would be with this stallion. "It'll be perfect, since this train has plenty of ample space. I usually just settle for the not-so-luxurious trains, which while they get the job done of taking you to where you want to go, are not exactly pleasant. It gets terribly cramped, and not to mention walking around is much more tedious than what the average pony is used to, because the corridors are super-narrow, and you wouldn't want to bump into the ponies sat down either side of you. And somehow, I usually end up being stuck next to the pony who won't stop farting."

(Did this actually have to be a eight hundred limit roleplay!!!!!)

"This is so much better though," she said, admiring the train's interior.

• Brohoof 1

((Sorry I took so long, it just took me forever to think of a lot to say at this point))

Pat and River were both just sitting together on the bench across from Destiny. Pat wouldn't mind if somepony had come up and talked to him, but he rarely initiated conversation with new ponies. Not that he was shy, he just always draws a blank when thinking of things to say. River, on the other hoof, was satisfied with just staring out the window. She had always been really shy and cautious around other ponies, except for Pat. So he generally did the talking for her. 

Pat simply sat and observed other ponies' exchanges until he began daydreaming, while River started to doze off. He started to fantasize about the expedition they were embarking on and how it would go, envisioning what the journey would be like. He saw the entire team braving the challenge, and himself taking down the criminals. But then he worried about failure, and the thought of returning empty-hooved, or worse... Suddenly, he was shaken from his fantasy by the feeling of an unconscious head on his shoulder. He smiled... aaaaaand blushed slightly at the thought of what the other members might think by looking at them.

"So do you want to take a stroll through the train? I could use some movement." said Blaze as he stretched out his sore back muscles.

"Sure, you know, that actually sounds pretty nice," said Spellbind. Going for a walk sounded like a rather cheap idea, but at this moment, she felt she could really use one, especially if she would be with this stallion. "It'll be perfect, since this train has plenty of ample space. I usually just settle for the not-so-luxurious trains, which while they get the job done of taking you to where you want to go, are not exactly pleasant. It gets terribly cramped, and not to mention walking around is much more tedious than what the average pony is used to, because the corridors are super-narrow, and you wouldn't want to bump into the ponies sat down either side of you. And somehow, I usually end up being stuck next to the pony who won't stop farting."

(Did this actually have to be a eight hundred limit roleplay!!!!!)

"This is so much better though," she said, admiring the train's interior.

Blaze smiled when she agreed. "Yeah the train does have a lot of space, especially when there are not crowded with other ponies. That's why i prefer to fly to my destinations. Guard training has given me the stamina to do that" Said Blaze still stretching "Well, shall we?" They walked through the corridors of the train, and SpellBind talked about how she adored this trains decor "Can't say i'm much for decoration, but this does look good" Said Blaze agreeing. "I usually just settle for the not-so-luxurious trains, which while they get the job done of taking you to where you want to go, are not exactly pleasant. It gets terribly cramped, and not to mention walking around is much more tedious than what the average pony is used to, because the corridors are super-narrow, and you wouldn't want to bump into the ponies sat down either side of you. And somehow, I usually end up being stuck next to the pony who won't stop farting." Said spelly Blaze let out another Chuckle "Oh? Do tell, and i think we have arrived at the station"

• Brohoof 1

The train rolled to a stop. It had been an interesting ride to say the least. Well, more interesting then any of his other train rides. He had to fix something, and managed to talk to the leader of the team. Over all not bad. He flung his bags over his back and waited till he heard a click. That click was so he knew the magnets underneath were attached, so his bags didn't fall off while flying. He stepped on to the platform of the station. He had been here many times, as his towns only source of transportation was a road connecting to here. From Ponyville they then took the train to wherever they were going.

Oh, thats right, I should probably by some more materials here. When repairing Destiny's bow he had realized that he was short on some materials. It had been a while since he had restocked. I should do that as soon as I can so I don't forget.​ He really thought that they could do this. Just that train ride had brought them one step closer to their destination and objective. Thinking in little steps really helped. That's what he did for large projects. Fix it one small piece at a time so it wasn't overwhelming. If he thought like that for this adventure, it didn't seem as daunting a task. Just one step at a time.

Dax gathered his things from beneath the seat.  He double-checked his bag, nabbing a green apple before he got up off the bench.

Well, there's no going back, now... well, technically there is, but I can't leave these ponies to go it alone.  Not after promising I'd show the way through the stars.  I can't believe there's actually others that might depend on me... how did this happen?  How did I find myself here, stuck somewhere between sheer terror and sheer excitement?

He watched as the group left the train, one by one.  He gave a small smile to Destiny as she stepped down onto the platform, but then he put on his professional face.  As the others got situated, he wanted to make another speech - but he found himself simply looking at the ground, waiting for the orders to come.  

You already said enough... maybe TOO much.  You'll wanna take it easy on all those long-winded speeches; save it for the night, when you're showing the way.  Not now.

Dax looked at each of the other ponies, giving them a glance over before nodding at their preparedness.  Each seemed at least a little lost in their own thoughts, which he couldn't blame them for; there was much ahead of them that they were a bit apprehensive of.  Sensing some discomfort in the simple sounds of the station, Dax moved over next to Destiny as the others regrouped and leaned in close to whisper, "Y'know, I think now would be a good time to go over our next steps."

There it is again: 'our', 'we', 'us'... it feels good to actually belong to something for once.  

He motioned to the group, then stepped back accordingly.

• Brohoof 1

As the train arrived at the station, Pat gently woke up River and started to gather their stuff. He helped get her wheels back on, and put all of his bags on, before they both exited the train. They joined the group on the platform outside. 

"Well-uh, here we are... I guess. So where do we head from here?"

He asked openly for anypony to answer.

"Uh... I think we head in that direction."

River pointed towards some mountains for Pat.

"Hmm, I hope this won't be too difficult of terrain..."

"I'm sure I'll be fine. I know you can help me over any obstacles. I just had to come along to offer any help I could; we might need all the help we can get."

"Well with you, and everypony else on the team, I guess we got just about everything covered."

"And you too, don't forget."

"Well... yeah, though we do kinda already have a fighter."

"You can hardly have too many, Pat, and besides, he seems to be more of an offensive fighter, whereas I know you tend to fight more defensively. So you would sort of compliment each other."

"Well, this is why you're the smart one around here."

He smiled at her.

• Brohoof 1

Blaze looked around at the platform. Some looked line they were about to scream from excitement, and nervousness. Then there were some that were lost in their own little world. Alright, i think this might be a good time for another moral boosting speech Thought Blaze and walked up infront of the group.

"Listen up comrades! We have finaly arrived. There is no turning back. But why should we turn back? We have a great team, we are capeable and let's not forget we have each other. I don't want to make this sappy, but in a team like this, we have to be able to count on each other. With that being said, try to be open eith eachother. Get to know each other better. The better we know eachother the better synergi we have. The better synergi we have, the better the group functions." Blaze let out a sigh "I know it's hard for some to talk, with a stranger. I've been there myself, but trust me. The more friends you make in this group, the more comfortable you'll feel. That's all, please think about what i said" Blaze walked back to his spot. I hope that helped, it's hard to hold a good morale in a group Though Blaze

• Brohoof 1

Destiny got off the train, she was almost the last off of the whole train. She looked over at Dax, oh goodness, he was looking at her. Maybe he's thinking...maybe he- Destiny's thoughts paused when Dax gave her a small smile. She returned back with a blush and a sheepish facial expression. He quickly switched to a business-like face. Am I really that ugly when I smile? She thought to herself before she stepped onto the platform. Destiny got off the train, it was silent as usual, but it was less of an awkward silent. More like they were waiting for somepony to speak. Dax stepped close to Destiny, as she glanced over at him with the corner of her eye he said; "Y'know, I think now would be a good time to go over our next steps." 

Destiny let out a very loud and airheaded sounding "Ohhh yeah!" She covered her mouth. Ponies were looking at her. She cleared her throat and stood in front of the group. 

"This is my first speech in front of you ponies, and while I assume most of you already have talked to me personally, some of you have still yet to converse with me, which to that I give my sincerest apology. I have been a bit busy with planning and to be honest I'm not the most social of ponies. For example, speaking in front of groups makes me uncomfortable." Destiny was surprised she had not urinated down her leg. This was terrifying for her to experience.

The only pony she was even slightly close to was Dax, which even somepony as clueless as Destiny could tell he was an outsider. She was too. They had that in common. "Our next stop is the Everfree forest, by the time we arrive half way through it would be time to rest up. That is also when I'm going to assign each of your roles for this journey." Nailed it. Destiny cleared her throat.

"Let's start trotting there, everypony stay with at least one other so that you don't get lost...a buddy system some would call it. I'm going to auto assign River and Pat together, since it seems they have a very close bond. Everypony else just pick somepony and stick with them I guess...." Destiny trotted up ahead, sort of leading the group.

(edited)

Once Destiny had finished her speech, Serenity stood there for a minute. They were heading into the Everfree forest, so at least he now had an idea of which direction they were heading. And they were using a buddy system? Well, it made sense for this journey, and if he couldn't put trust in the leader to make decisions, what else could he do? The only downside was now he couldn't restock until they reached a town, but that was fine. He still had plenty supplies left. If anything breaks I just hope I'll have the stuff to fix it, if I even know how. Who knows what could break on this journey.

​Destiny began walking, taking the lead in front of the group. He began walking too. No use tiring my wings now, might need them later. Plus, I can just switch between walking and flying when my legs or wings get tired. But he needed a partner if they were doing the buddy system. Some ponies were already grouping up, but he didn't want to approach anypony, being the shy pony he is. ​I guess I'll just walk and wait for some pony to come to me thenHe walked near the back of the group, waiting for a pony to offer to group up. Because he sure wasn't going to approach them.

Edited by ThornFlare

Since it was still daylight, there was no need for a guide; Dax fell towards the back of the group, not wanting to get in anypony's way.  He noticed Destiny move to the front of the pack, taking charge of the endeavor.  

Good to see it - good for you, Destiny!  BE that leader we need.  You've got this down pat, I'm certain.

He would have been up there too, walking next to her... but he didn't want to give the others any impression that he was trying to overstep his boundaries.  Besides, she was quite a friendly sort; somepony would make their way up there to her in no time flat, he was certain of it.  Plus, Blaze was right - they needed synergy, and that meant trying to spend time with each member of the group, if possible

Of course, every pony you speak to increases the chances of being recognized... but you'll be suspicious if you don't speak to anypony except Destiny.  Damned if I do, damned if I don't.  Well, nopony's recognized me so far, so maybe... maybe they DON'T know about my family?  THAT would be a relief...

Speaking of other ponies, he noticed that Serenity had also dropped back to the rear of the group.  Setting his professional look in place, he ambled over to Serenity's side.

"So, you're the 'engineer', so to speak?  I'm glad to hear that - we might be more in need of your skills than the others realize.  I'm Dax... but I think we already covered that earlier.  Anyway, I was wondering if you had everything you needed, or should we stop for supplies?  After all, you'd know better than I would... right?"  

Dax's voice trailed off a bit at the end, as he wasn't exactly certain how well he'd be looked upon for asking such things.  That and... well... he waited to see the reaction to his presence.

• Brohoof 3