Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Xbox's are loud?

Tom Snyder

(edited)

I hear people say this a lot, and to some extent, it is true. But not always the case, my console is quiet and doesn't buzz like people claim. I've never had it once make a sound besides starting up. But here is the problem and the evidence of it:

Now before you say "Jet engine" loud, no, if it were sounding like that; the system would be able to handle it. You'd have melted circuits inside of it, and it would be rendered useless. I'd put on the audio level of a dust buster.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 2

Are XBOX's really that loud? I used to own a PS3 but sweet jesus, that 360 sounds like a jet engine.

How does removing a small screw even change anything? That doesn't make sense to me.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Are XBOX's really that loud? I used to own a PS3 but sweet jesus, that 360 sounds like a jet engine.

How does removing a small screw even change anything? That doesn't make sense to me.

Sometimes you solve find the problem by a simple method. I'm not surprised. 

Jet engine is an overstatement, more like a dust buster.

Edited by Candy Star
  • Brohoof 1

Still not as loud as some PCs with an R9 290x equipped with that awful stock cooler (and this is literally how it's SUPPOSED to run)   :lol:

And my Xbox 360 never got as loud as that  :blink:   His must have something terribly wrong with it.

• Brohoof 2

I got an Xbox 360 for Christmas and it hasn't been loud yet, so I don't know. My stepdad had an Xbox 360 that gave him the red ring of death a long time ago.

He got an Xbox one a few weeks ago, so he's all set. :P

• Brohoof 1

Contrary to popular belief the red ring of death is fixable :)

Note I didnt say it was easy to fix just fixable :P

I think that depends on how many rings you get though.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Xbox's aren't loud at all.

Assuming your console is retail, it would likely be just because of the case being removed.

I've gone through many different Xbox's. Slim/phat/Modified with or without the case.

My current console has a fan mod installed... so even with the case it sounds like a jet engine. Literally.

(I just realized the video was made back in 2010, thought it was yours for a second)

Edited by bchamp

(edited)

Xbox's aren't loud at all.

Assuming your console is retail, it would likely be just because of the case being removed.

I've gone through many different Xbox's. Slim/phat/Modified with or without the case.

My current console has a fan mod installed... so even with the case it sounds like a jet engine. Literally.

(I just realized the video was made back in 2010, thought it was yours for a second)

Yeah, it isn't mine. Even with the casing on it, it will still do it. Its an error the developers made; and an annoying one at that. but removing one screw solves that problem.

Edited by Candy Star

(edited)

This brings me back. Man those where some new gens back then ^^

I used to have the oldest model, until it too got RROD. Now i basically have the new model, and its not so loud i would say :)

Edited by Trine
  • Brohoof 1