Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's your thinking voice?

LittleMac

Mine changes, but usually falls back to a Seth MacFarlane/Brian Griffin voice, especially when I'm typing or writing something, anything, be it a message to a friend or a post on a forum or a poem...

Although sometimes other characters pop up, or I'll have some weird voice that is mine but not mine.

My thinking voice varies depending on recent fiction I have engaged in, my recent thoughts, my mood, and whatever pic/name I associate with. Like reading Grepper's its a cross between my voice and Garnet's. Reading my thoughts as I type this its a voice I don't exactly know where its coming from, but its nasaly.

If I watch Steven Universe it might sound like Gregg. I watched Make new friends but keep Discord and I got Tree Hugger and Discord's voices the remained of last night.

Not as much a voice as a manner of speaking. If I see a movie or read a book I'll sometimes just start thinking in a way similar to the one I heard/read. Right now I'm after watching a series of shorts from Grade A Under A chanell on YouTube and I'm thinking in an irish accent. And I'm from Poland, so English isn't even my native language!

It changes but lately it is a British accent (I love British accents), more specifically it kinda sounds like Yahtzee's voice from Zero Punctuation.

*Strong language warning*

That is an amazing inner-thought pondering voice.

Oh wow! I do the same thing when I am angry at something. Total Ben Croshaw voice, even though I am female. Recently my mind's voice (when it isn't like my normal speaking voice) sounds like Octavia.

Well... now that I focus on it, I actually tend to have two voices, I think. 

The first is more sophisticated, calm, and generally what I imagine I sound like to others. The second "voice" is the one I hear in faster situations (like sparring or working at a fast pace) that sounds much more like my affected voice, with pirate-y lisp and all. Pretty sure he's also the same voice I hear when about to do something stupid.

Like a lot of people in this forum thread, it varies. It's either the narrator of The Sandlot, Morgan Freeman, Johnny Ethco, Matt/Patt from the Super Best Friends Zaibatsu, 38 from Star Wars Republic Commando. Those are all I can think of at the moment.

When I think to myself, I do not think I have a different tone or anything to my normal voice. I never really had one of those cx But I will say when I used to write songs and music, I would hear Taylor Swift singing it in my head lol!

Its kind of hard to explain, but When I'm deep in thought about something I don't think in terms of a voice, at least not entirely. Its usually this surreal landscape stylized after whatever it is I'm pondering, and there are occupants in there that represent different angles in which one could think about that issue. I usually let the construct mull out the concept itself and I throw my two cents as it progresses. Ideally each persona present represents a different way of looking at the issue, and they all interact both individually as well as in a group, and with myself of course. Its not as if they are actually real or anything, but they are an interesting way of framing and empathizing with different worldviews I don't necessarily understand. Its harder to explain than it is to do I must admit. 

• 8 months later...