Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming What's your opinion on Crash Twinsanity

Trine

(edited)

I have hard time enjoying it. Because..  its actually a good 3d platformer. I just wish it wasn't... crash. Because i feel the old ones without things telling you what to do. You just sorta go into a world and figure it out on your own. Or it might be the fact that like Banjo Kazooie it has this atmosphere with the music. That it feels campy in a sense. But i guess to be a non naughty dog game it is pretty good. I just kinda wish it was another character or something ^^.

232398187.jpg

Although i have a guilty pleasure of sorta liking "Crash of the Titans" that i played on Wii. Never played newer Crash game except that one.

Edited by Trine

The only Crash games I ever played were the original ones on the first playstation (Including Crash Team Racing). I've always heard that the newer ones weren't as good. Would you recommend any of them?

• Brohoof 1

The only Crash games I ever played were the original ones on the first playstation (Including Crash Team Racing). I've always heard that the newer ones weren't as good. Would you recommend any of them?

Well its more of a personal amusement. My brother bought me Crash of the Titans as a Christmas present on the Wii. So i sorta started enjoying it for some reason. But in general in terms of 3d platformers it is PS1 that has a cozy atmosphere. It depends if you are into a fighting slash move along scrolling type of game.

I mean i think it is fun. But everyone like different things so ^^

From a personal/former Crash fan's point of view, I have mixed feelings on it. While I enjoyed little things like how different it feels, from the music to how you can play as Cortex, as well as other things like how you can collect actual concept art, I feel as if there is something missing from it. Crash has always been a really weird series, but this game, along with many other entries in the series beyond Twinsanity, doesn't feel like it's about the crazy anthropomorphic marsupial we've grown up with. Not that the next few games beyond Twinsanity are bad games, but they sure feel like another completely different series.

From a gamer's point of view, it's pretty decent. One of my biggest problems with the Crash Bandicoot series is how all of the levels are straightforward and repetitive. But in here and many other games to come, there is more exploration, which makes the game more challenging when collecting Gems and Crystals. I do find it annoying though that once you finished a level/chapter, there is no way to go back to it.

But overall, it's not a game that I would play all the time, but it still has its strengths. I sure as hell prefer it over the first Crash Bandicoot game.