Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ships in My Little Pony

cider float

(edited)

You might want to specify that you're talking about naval ships. I came here because i thought this was another shipping thread.

As for the actual topic of the thread, I'm not sure they need ships for anything, unless they have markets in other countries, which we've seen no evidence of.

EDIT:

They do have airships. Ponyville and Canterlot are land locked. Aside from rivers, we haven't seen any hint of a large body of water yet.

I stand corrected. Also, the Maps point out several Oceans.

Edited by The Only Joe
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

You might want to specify that you're talking about naval ships. I came here because i thought this was another shipping thread.

And I almost didn't come here because I thought it was another shipping thread.

As per the topic, I imagine there's ships of some sort in the Pony universe. For instance, the Saddle Arabians seem to come from a different part of the world from Equestria. If the pony world mirrors Earth in any way I think it does (Manehatten on the east coast, Las Pegasus in the west), then Saddle Arabia is an ocean away. Because we have already seen steam powered trains, and hot air balloon would probably take too long to cross oceans in an efficient manner, I think it stands to be logical that the pony world has steam powered ships.

We've also seen docks in Manehatten, so it's likely theres boats as well:

manehatten_by_nekokevin-d70wv4o.png

Edit: actually, I just noticed a sail boat and a tug boat in that picture,,so yes they likely have steam powered ships.

Edited by Dinos4Ever
  • Brohoof 4

No, I don't think I've ever seen any nautical ships in MLP, nor any large bodies of water. That's kind of odd, when I think about it.

Like everyone else, I assumed this thread was about romantic shipping. :lol:

• Brohoof 2

In "Pinkie Apple Pie" they turned the wagon into a boat after the wheels fell off. If they can just improvise boats out of wagons, then there must be at least some common knowledge of nautical vessels.

And I almost didn't come here because I thought it was another shipping thread.

As per the topic, I imagine there's ships of some sort in the Pony universe. For instance, the Saddle Arabians seem to come from a different part of the world from Equestria. If the pony world mirrors Earth in any way I think it does (Manehatten on the east coast, Las Pegasus in the west), then Saddle Arabia is an ocean away. Because we have already seen steam powered trains, and hot air balloon would probably take too long to cross oceans in an efficient manner, I think it stands to be logical that the pony world has steam powered ships.

We've also seen docks in Manehatten, so it's likely theres boats as well: sig-3792643.manehatten_by_nekokevin-d70w

Edit: actually, I just noticed a sail boat and a tug boat in that picture,,so yes they likely have steam powered ships.

In the Generosity song, Rarity is seen riding a ferryboat, which strangely enough looks very modern even against the anachronistic hodgepodge Equestria normally is.

Main_cast_in_a_ferry_S4E08.png

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

In the Generosity song, Rarity is seen riding a ferryboat, which strangely enough looks very modern even against the anachronistic hodgepodge Equestria normally is.

-snip-

The MLPFIM universe seems to take from various eras. There are medieval style homes, medieval style soldiers, modern skyscrapers, steam trains, horse drawn carriages, arcades, modern sound systems and coloured lights, rap music, electronic music, 1980s American fashion... Strange universe.

Edited by Tsaritsa Luna
  • Brohoof 1

Weird. Maybe that have diesel powered ships by now, then.

The MLPFIM universe seems to take from various eras. There are medieval style homes, medieval style soldiers, modern skyscrapers, steam trains, horse drawn carriages, arcades, modern sound systems and coloured lights, rap music, electronic music, 1980s American fashion... Strange universe.

It is a particularly strange occurrence as there is no other indication of gasoline, diesel, or natural gas power in Equestria, and the design looks like a Seastreak or New York Water Taxi ferry built in the 90s or 2000s. There's no fumes of any kind coming off the boat so I assume...magic? :huh:

They do have ships and I think the most modern ones they have would probably be those that are of the royal guard. Steam powered iron-clads because I don't think they have gasoline or diesel engines yet.

(edited)

I was thinking wait there was an airship here twice but no sea ship.

But you know if there is airships there are seaships like those at Manehattan.

Edited by cidershield

FLUTTERPIE.

wrong ship. whoops.

In the IDW comics, theres an arc that prominently features a pirate ship. In fact, I can't really see why the WOULDN'T have naval transport... they've got plenty of water channels, like in Pinkie Apple Pie.