Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Your worst injury?

Boyevyye De

I got bucked off of my horse and kicked by her as we ended a gallop. As you can imagine I flew a bit, or felt like I did anyways. I was in a daze for a bit. Ended up having to go to the hospital where I found out I had a broken collar bone. Funny enough it did not really hurt at first, but got much worse later on. I had to get 30 stitches too, and I got my shirt ruined as well.

That was a few years ago and I am fine now, and I am still riding the same horse.

• Brohoof 3

Worst injury minor scrapes, and sprains considering all that I've done falling done cliff faces, jumping from great heights, moving objects, martial arts. I'm lucky could of easily broken something on many different occasions.

(edited)

My worst injury yet is a burn one. One kind of dumb one too. I spilled hot tea all over my knee and had to wear bandage for some time and because it was on the knee I could not walk propaly. Even after the bandage was gone.

Edited by PinkDeadly

Two that I can remember clearly:

I was sitting in a chair many years ago, a part on it broken it causing me to fall with the chair and one of my thumbs kinda got landed on by the chair in that process. It nearly broke my thumb from what I remember. 

The other one was when I was younger, I got into a fight with this one kid I did not like, and he basically took something and hit my head with it, and busted me open. That was scary, did not even notice at first until blood started going down my face. That was probably the most 'graphic' thing that has happened to me.

Luckily I don't encounter things like these much at all anymore. 

I fell into my neighbor's driveway on a bike in 2003. I was covered in scrapes and had a huge gash underneath my nose; scars from the scrapes remained until 2006, but the scar from the gash is still there.

How about the time I lost all the skin on my left leg in a sports accident?

Or the time I came close to bleeding to death in a sports accident?

Or that other time I couldn't stop passing out from blood loss from a sports accident?

Actually ... Maybe I should stay away from sports.

So I was at a picnic, and there was strong wind. Somebody apparently bought real knives, because the plastic ones were useless. The knife blew the plate with a knife on it and it flew into my hand. My hand was covered in a lot of blood, and my friend thought that I spilled ketchup all over myself. ''It wasn't ketchup'' I tell her and I still have a scar.

Oooh. I was helping my friend carry a frameless mirror to her car. She needed to drop it off someplace, I forgot where. But, she tripped over something and it dropped right on my foot. I wasn't wearing shoes, first thing. Second thing, once it hit my foot it shattered, so I had to get little pieces of glass pulled out of my foot. It sucked.

Either the bicycle crash I got into when I was 12 in which I tore all the skin off my left elbow and some of my arm including ripping my knee open (haven't ridden a bike since), or the time when I was born and had a broken collar bone from birth  :blink:

Can't remember exactly how I broke a collar bone when I was born, but I assume that it was the doctor's fault.

I was at a public pool and when I was on the high diving board some kid decided it would be a good idea to get up there with me. I guess he thought I was taking too long and decided to try and prank me when I jumped. He grabbed my shoulders when I went up and my legs kept going. I ended up slamming my head on the diving board and slashing it open. 8 staples in the head. Damn kids.

I've answered a similar question before, so I'll quote myself on that:

1.  Appendicitis.  Long story short: One day when I was 17, at work in the summer, I had a slight stomach ache.  Didn't think anything of it.  As the day went on, it slowly got worse.  At dinnertime, I couldn't eat.  I felt sick.  The pain was increasing.  At midnight I was throwing up off and on.  Come about 2 or 3am, mom was really worried for me.  She said she wanted to take me to the ER.  If she hadn't offered I would have been begging to go.  Doctors did some tests, and said I needed surgery ASAP.  A few hours later, "one hundred, ninety nine, ni---" and I was out.  Woke up after surgery in one of the normal rooms.  I looked at my belly, saw the stitches, and was relieved.  Also, there was the added factor of the pain meds the doctor had given me through the IV.  Damn, they were good.  Really good, lmao.  Appendectomy successful, and pain free... it was a relief.

2.  Minor concussion.  I'd rather not admit to how it happened.  But, I'll say this much, I hit the back of my head on the gym floor.  The irony in saying it's a good thing it didn't knock me out, but that I'd almost have rather it did... (not being knocked out means it was minor, but the pain from being conscious was horrible).  I fucking felt it in my teeth when I hit the back of my head on the ground.  I was slightly dizzy, but not disoriented.  Ears ringing more than usual (I have tinnitus as it is already).  But, I was fine after a while.  Just rested it off.

3.  Motorcycle wreck.  Long story short: I was 18 years old.  I Was cruising some country highway roads, came up to a corner where there was a blind spot (couldn't see around the corner, advisory speed sign 45mph).  I was slowing down as to take it at 40.  Suddenly a car came whizzing around the corner on my side of the road at me.  They had to be going 65 at least.  My instincts kicked in, and I locked the front and back breaks, leaned right, and dropped the bike going around 35mph.  I tucked my arms up, and half rolled half skidded to the side of the road.  The guy missed my bike by a few inches, as the bike had kept going straight as I rolled off to the right.  He kept going, never stopped.  As always, I was wearing a helmet.  I was fine, nothing broken.  But my arms were bloodied up pretty bad, even some small pebbles in the wounds.  I didn't feel the pain until the adrenaline resided.  But anywho, I still have scars on my left arm from it.

Now, the order of those were rated by pain... not necessarily which was the "worst injury." 

I'd say overall, considering appendicitis isn't really an "injury," and considering the concussion was minor, that the motorcycle wreck would be the scariest injury I've had.  

You can read more about the wreck here: https://mlpforums.com/topic/111764-so-talk-me-out-of-or-into-buying-a-motorcycle/page-2#entry3170130

Eeyup.

I've got some nice scars on my arm from that.  

Remember folks, always wear a helmet!  It can save your life at a time you least expect something bad to happen.

~ Miles

number1 my pride some A hole when i was go karting kept cutting me off. trying to cause an acedent he swerved infront of me. me trying to avoid colision slamed on my brakes and stalled i lost by 5 places 

number2 my wrist the same guy drove real close and forced me into a steel block on a tight corner and then SLAM head on colision with a block of steel and my wrist broke after it hit the stering wheel

A thin piece of metal cut open the palm of my right hand.  I didn't even notice until i lifted my hand up and saw the bloody mess.  It cut a good bit down that you could see the veins.  I went to the hospital and got 13 stitches.  That night was extremely painful.

(edited)

My appendix ruptured while sitting in the hospital waiting room.  21 surgeries and 14 days in the hospital.

There's a time I fell off a walkway and cracked my skull open on a tree root, embedding a small branch into the crack.

I shattered the socket for my left little finger in a game of basketball with friends.

I broke my coccyx falling onto a jagged rock one icy winter.

I busted my left knee on the corner of a cement stair while packing 100 pounds in my arms.

I dropped a flaying knife through my right foot.

I had an ill-tempered dog bite through my right forearm.

Which one do you want to hear about?

Edit:  I guess there's countless numbers of minor scrapes, cuts, breaks, and injuries... but the ones above are major/memorable.

Edited by Sintanan

My worst injury... hmmm..

Oh, it'd have to be the time I got a 3 inch piece of wood stuck underneath my fingernail

• Brohoof 1

When I was 8, I was on my office (on it), but I glide, and I fell with my eye first on the bed's wood. Still wondering how I still have it after that