Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc Darkness over Equestria (OOC) (DISCONTINUED)

Little Red

thats pretty nifty. thanks, zebras!

(Thanks, GMs who are too lazy to think of a proper excuse to allow magic in this roleplay!)

You're welcome. :)

@@Reaver

As a fellow Dm I would suggest to avoid the term temporarily "restore" magic abilities. Since that hints at the ponies still having their magical connection. Instead the potions could infuse the ponies with an artificial magic, giving them a limited pool of magic. So similar to a non-regenerating mana pool, so one potion can last a while but the magic has to be rationed wisely until the next potion :P

That's my suggestion up to you :)

• Brohoof 1

You're really thinking this through, I approve! :D

aww ty so much :wub:

Anyway, I'm gonna make a zebra OC. I've wanted to make one for awhile. She's gonna be so swag. I'll give some info about her when she's up.

@@Reaver

As a fellow Dm I would suggest to avoid the term temporarily "restore" magic abilities. Since that hints at the ponies still having their magical connection. Instead the potions could infuse the ponies with an artificial magic, giving them a limited pool of magic. So similar to a non-regenerating mana pool, so one potion can last a while but the magic has to be rationed wisely until the next potion :P

this. ^

@@Reaver

I think that's a great suggestion-- I think Reaver will too.

@@Midnight_Aurora, we'll look at her! :D Thanks for applying~

Anyway, Reaver and I are probs getting off for the night. Thank you guys!

(edited)

Oh i readed everything and i like it! I think my oc will fit in this, it is two characters, by now i just started playing one rp but i liked it (thou i didnt done much yet on it). She is a baby dragon (like spike, not baby-baby but more like child) and her companion/mount is an adult bear. They both dont have magic (expecting for dragon breath but she never used it), brute force is they most powerful ally and Garra claws compliment it.

Character name: Garra / Mot
Species (i.e. Unicorn, Griffin): Garra is a Dragon, Mot is a bigger than normal bear
Personality: Since they never went to reinsertion to society twilight program they act like the day they were (not) found, Garra/Mot takes what they want and attack who stresses them, althought they can be reasonable because Garra speak a bit of the language they will go for violence first. Garra likes jokes and funny things and she says Mot like them as well. They are overprotective between theyselves, if someone damages Mot Garra will go and confort him or attack the attacker and same inverse. In case they caused a fight for something they dont see indespensable and they dont win it fast (used to winning fast since magic dont exist and most of opponents in everfree forest stand no chance) they will probably try to escape or avoid continuing the battle. They can eat almost any organic thing they find, and as a dragon Garra should be able to eat diamonds, but never saw one, she doesnt even know what a diamond is.
Garra loves shiny things and feathers, the duo never catched a Phoenix anyway. Mot likes honey more than anything else and he hates high sounds.

Backstory: Garra/Mot is a duo formed in a strange way in the Everfree forest, Garra was one of the lost eggs of the dragons that migrated, Mot was a huge bear living in the Everfree forest, they have not much memory but all the good memories of they life the have it side by side like a brother-sister relationship. Garra/Mot were born after the events of the battle with Tirek so they dont other world, what do they know is that they can survive to this one as long as a lost creature adventures to the Everfree Forest and they spot it.
Equipment: Garra has big Claws, a stolen years ago wooden tiara and lots of wings of other species that she's been encountring over her life, She also has a collar where she takes things until those things fall. Her body is covered with dragon flakes so she has big resistance as well, which allows Mot to throw her so she can catch something with her claws and not get hurt on impact (they use this technique to take beehives).
Mot has pure strengh, he is a big bear still he doesnt have any claws in his paws, still his bite is deep.

Edited by EmiliaBoneca

(edited)

@@EmiliaBoneca,

Thank you for applying! We'll consider them. :)

We would normally only accept one OC, but since these two seem to go together, IF we accept you we will accept both of them.

We're probably going to wait another day before deciding who else we'll put in here.

Thanks, guys! Reaver will be updating her post soon and will be describing the magic-loopholes we'll be using (thanks Chip for his wonderful suggestions!).

@@Midnight_Aurora,

One more note: Aurora, if we accept your OC (who looks great), we'll have to talk to you about what we're planning for changelings in the RP. ;) We've got lots of plans together and your OC almost interferes, but we can easily work around the plot to fit in your OC. If she's accepted. XD

Edited by Little Red
  • Brohoof 1

So, I edited the front post with some notes about magic:

Chip Circuit pointed out that, as Tirek had stolen all the magic in Equestria, ponies were incapable of basic functions of survival. Like, pegasus flight, and such the like. He made the suggestion that the ponies to be included in the roleplay would be chosen by fate to be linked to a certain element of harmony, allowing them to be born with magic. Because, y'know, elements are magical, so yeah.

Both Red and I really like this idea--we had actually been considering the elements of harmony idea ourselves when Chip gave it a solid base. So, we ask all applicants and those who have already been accepted to consider an element they want to wield. Later in the roleplay, your character will receive an element of harmony, and all people who have always dreamed of doing so will be able to run around blasting people with rainbows.

This is why we ask all people to stay committed to the roleplay. We can't exactly have a fate-chosen element of honesty going and dying on us, because... well, it just won't work.

Thank you, Chip, for the great suggestion!

• Brohoof 1

@@EmiliaBoneca,

Thank you for applying! We'll consider them. :)

We would normally only accept one OC, but since these two seem to go together, IF we accept you we will accept both of them.

We're probably going to wait another day before deciding who else we'll put in here.

Thanks, guys! Reaver will be updating her post soon and will be describing the magic-loopholes we'll be using (thanks Chip for his wonderful suggestions!).

@@Midnight_Aurora,

One more note: Aurora, if we accept your OC (who looks great), we'll have to talk to you about what we're planning for changelings in the RP. ;) We've got lots of plans together and your OC almost interferes, but we can easily work around the plot to fit in your OC. If she's accepted. XD

One can treat her as if she wasn't truely a changeling. An exile so to speak. She would aid the ponies in what ever way you need of her. If the six don't exist then boom, her quest never needed to happen. Also It I use DnD Terms to describe her abilities, that is all that I will be using it for. Being a blank slate almost makes Chrysteel one of Two developing Characters I have to work with.

Garra/Mot if accepted could represent the element of honesty, they never lied in their entire life because they simply dont know how, they are savage as innocents of what they do

So, just so you guys are aware: elements won't be revealed until the group actually physically finds the elements. We want to see how the RP plays out, and we'll try our best to do what best fits each OC. :) Though you guys will most likely get what you suggested.

Except Peyton.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

So... a map will be uploaded soon. Worked 3 hours straight on a map of Equestria from MS Paint. :P It's to provide world building. Unfortunately, I don't know how to upload pics from MS paint. X3 So, yeah, tell me if you know how. (#Noob)

It has a bunch of information on some of the places. It's solely for world building, and on the roleplay page, we'll circle the parts of Equestria that the part will take place in.

Back to trying to figure stuff out... ugh.

Edited by Little Red
  • Brohoof 2

For images, what I do is use a program called ShareX

It lets you take screenshots, any size you want, and upload them to the internet and provide a link to them :D

Wanna hear other suggestions... wanna avoid downloading stuff if at all possible.

But thanks, that shall be my fall back. :D

Wanna hear other suggestions... wanna avoid downloading stuff if at all possible.

But thanks, that shall be my fall back. :D

Oh it's totally safe :D

Though, another method I use is a website called Ezimba, which just lets you upload an image right there and then :D