Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

movies/tv Toddler/Kid shows you normally wouldn't watch, but you do anyway?

Jackie Snack

So, you ever end up flipping through the channels and a show catches your eye, only to go back and find out it's a kid's show? You know, you see it and you scoff but you end up watching it anyway?

My daughter watches the Sprout channel and a plethora of shows come on, like Thomas the Tank Engine, Caillou, Berenstain Bears...

Well, after having this channel on for a little every day, two shows caught my eye. The first is Astroblast.

It's cute as hell. It's funny. They make some good jokes throughout the shows and yes, they even have a moral, which is your normal fare, but tolerable. I found myself looking for fanart and only found one of the pig main character, Sputnik. Why not check it out? What have you got to lose?

And then... there's Sarah and Duck. The show with no real point or purpose.

It's also cute, it's very calm and injects some interesting humor here and there and... that's about it. The art style is quirky and charming, and frankly, I love how the narrator of the show is not really considered as such. He might as well be standing next to the characters. No real moral to anything; it's just a show about a girl and her pet duck living life. Some episodes are random and crazy, while others just have them dealing with the resulting boredom of a broken toy robot. Oh, and the narrator's voice is sooo calming.

How about you guys? Anything that you watch that is normally considered a kid's show?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

For a good while, I was watching Disney Junior in the mornings on Disney Channel.

Here were my favorite shows:

Little Einsteins

sig-3796291.51Zos3moROL._SX940_.jpg

4 kids with musical talents going on adventures around the world with their red rocket friend. It has a "music of the day" and "art of the day" featuring famous classical musicians and artists (paint, sculpture, etc). Super cute, great music, great art. Sometimes, the art can be a bit creepy though. XD

Edit: It's also "interactive". :D

Gaspard and Lisa

sig-3796291.r808163_7188900.jpg

Two best friends going through life and have some shenanigans too. Super cute.

Edited by gyashaa
  • Brohoof 1

I watched Super Why! mainly for the art style in the 3D CGI world. Unfortunately we don't see much of it because it only comes up in the beginning and the end of the show, and it's one of the most formulaic and repetitive kids' shows out there. Pretty much half of the sequences and scenes are reused in every episode, and it's another one of those Dora-like fake interactivity shows. However, if they say kids learn best through repetition, more power to them. I still don't excuse the widespread use of fake interactivity in kids' TV, however.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I have to agree with OP, that Sarah and Duck is very charming! 
I used to watch cartoons with my nephew every morning, and the only one that I really enjoyed was Dinosaur Train. It was pretty cute!

dinosaur-train-4.jpg

Edited by Snake
  • Brohoof 1