Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Random fact thread

MoltenKitten

Most people know about the aurora borealis, or northern lights.  What most people don't know is that this phenomena has a different name when it occurs in the southern hemisphere.  Aurora australis

Alan Rickman played Severus Snape in all the Harry Potter movies and his appearance didn't change one bit.

Alan Rickman was announced the 40th sexiest actor in 2013.

Alan Rickman wasn't supposed to be Severus Snape, Tim Roth was.

Alan Rickman has a really deep voice.

Alan Rickman can sing in French

• Brohoof 3

Every time you look into space, you're looking back in time.

Nobody truly lives in the present.  The time that it takes for our sensory organs to perceive the world and our brain to interpret those electrical impulses means that everyone is actually living a tiny fraction of a second in the past.

(edited)

JK Rowling regrets not making Harry X Herimone cannon.

In the game Portal, Hoopy the Hoop was a hoop the creators wanted to become a meme but "THE CAKE IS A LIE!" ended up using what could have been Hoopy's glory. Poor Hoopy. :P

The voice actress of Sweetie Belle has a YouTube channel and plays some Minecraft.

Princess Celestia and Cheerlie are both voiced by the same voice actress.

There is a belief that Walt Disney had a phobia of mice which would be very ironic if we knew that he had a phobia of mice because of Mikcey and Minnie Mouse being mice.

Twilight Sparkle was going to be called "Twilight Twinkle" which sounds silly but then they thought Sparkle sounded better (which I agree it does and has a nice ring to it: Twilight Sparkle.)

Walt Disney's wife is the one who thought of the name Mickey for Mickey Mouse.

It's possible but rare to be both a boy and a girl.

Steroids for women deepen their voice, make them grow facial hair, and disturb their period where as for men they'll go bald early, be unable to have babies with women, and even grow breasts.

All the money, if I recall correct was 2000 something or whatever, that was earned from Five Nights At Freddy's was donated to charity on a charity livestresm by Scott Cawton.

Alan Rickman played Severus Snape in all the Harry Potter movies and his appearance didn't change one bit.

Alan Rickman was announced the 40th sexiest actor in 2013.

Alan Rickman wasn't supposed to be Severus Snape, Tim Roth was.

Alan Rickman has a really deep voice.

Alan Rickman can sing in French

10 points to your house for knowing each of those facts! Edited by GoldKingdomKeyblade
  • Brohoof 1

JK Rowling regrets not making Harry X Herimone cannon.

In the game Portal, Hoopy the Hoop was a hoop the creators wanted to become a meme but "THE CAKE IS A LIE!" ended up using what could have been Hoopy's glory. Poor Hoopy. :P

The voice actress of Sweetie Belle has a YouTube channel and plays some Minecraft.

Princess Celestia and Cheerlie are both voiced by the same voice actress.

There is a belief that Walt Disney had a phobia of mice which would be very ironic if we knew that he had a phobia of mice because of Mikcey and Minnie Mouse being mice.

Twilight Sparkle was going to be called "Twilight Twinkle" which sounds silly but then they thought Sparkle sounded better (which I agree it does and has a nice ring to it: Twilight Sparkle.)

Walt Disney's wife is the one who thought of the name Mickey for Mickey Mouse.

It's possible but rare to be both a boy and a girl.

Steroids for women deepen their voice, make them grow facial hair, and disturb their period where as for men they'll go bald early, be unable to have babies with women, and even grow breasts.

All the money, if I recall correct was 2000 something or whatever, that was earned from Five Nights At Freddy's was donated to charity on a charity livestresm by Scott Cawton.

10 points to your house for knowing each of those facts!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  I'm in Slytherin! Professor Snape will be happy!

Nobody truly lives in the present.  The time that it takes for our sensory organs to perceive the world and our brain to interpret those electrical impulses means that everyone is actually living a tiny fraction of a second in the past.

This lag is effectively ignored for all intents and purposes in almost every field of science and medicine. However it is of vital importance in biometrics and kinesiology. The perceptive delay of the human brain is analogous to time dilation in physics;

The faster you're moving, the slower time progresses. Due to the fact that this only has a useful predictive meaning when traveling at appreciable fractions of the speed of light, relativistic time dilation is ignored by almost everyone. The only people who don't are micro-processing manufacturers, GPS satellite operators, deep space probe controllers, astronomers and theoretical physicists.

The Philosophy of Time often operates based upon taking one of two axioms: A theory or B theory.

• A Theory Time says that the past and future do not exist. The only thing which exists in reality is an infinitesimally short moment called the Present, which takes the potentials of the future and writes them as information into the past.
  • B Theory Time says that the past, present and future all exist simultaneously, and that we are merely discovering the Universe at a specific (almost) unchangeable and irreversible rate.
  • Brohoof 1

Elsa from Disney's Frozen was going to be a villain in the movie but Let It Go changed the writers' minds and they rewritten the whole story with Elsa all good because of Let It Go while Hands became the villian.

There is a book called Fangirl by Rainboe Rowell that talks about fan fiction, fandom, and shipping and in the book is a fictional book series called Simon Snow which is a parody of Harry Potter in Fangirl because Rowell grew up with HP fan fiction herself. Though there is a HP reference in the book implying Simon and Harry's book series both existed in the same universe.

Spongebob was going to be adult cartoon until kids starting watching it and Nick then bought it and made it a kid's show. (Funny is that I'm watching Spongebob with my sister right now on the TV)

The actress of Luna Lovegood in the Harry Potter movies loves the book "Stargirl" by Jerry Spinell. Surprisingly Luna Lovegood and Stargirl both have a lot of things in common which might be the reason JK Rowling thought she was perfect for Luna. :P

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:  I'm in Slytherin! Professor Snape will be happy!

Snape senpai will finally notice you! :wub:

I'm a Gryffindor according to Pottermore and yet I get along with so much Slytherins for some reason and half of my friends being in Slytherin. :fluttershy:

-Coca-cola would be bright green if food coloring wasn't added.

-All polar bears are left-handed.

-If you keep a goldfish in a dark room, it will eventually turn white.

-Cat urine glows under black light.

-In England, the speaker of the house isn't allowed to speak.

-On a Canadian two dollar bill, the flag flying over the Parliament Building is an American flag.

-"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

• Brohoof 1

Coca-cola would be bright green if food coloring wasn't added.

From their internet page:

Rumor: The drink Coca-Cola® was originally green in color.
Fact

This is indeed just a rumor. Although the famous contour bottle is green, Coca-Cola has always been brown in color, since its start in 1886.

"Dreamt" is the only English word that ends in the letters "mt".

That is if you don't count variations of dreamt in daydreamt, outdreamt, redreamt, undreamt

All polar bears are left-handed

"Scientists observing the animals haven't noticed a preference. In fact, polar bears seem to use their right and left paws equally" - www.polarbearsinternational.org

Cat urine glows under black light.

While this one is true, all urine glows under black light because of it containing phosphorus. Cat urine just glows more brightly.

I find it interesting how many of those random facts are actually wrong and utter nonsense and I wonder who comes up with stuff like this or how...

• Brohoof 2

I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

I mentioned this earlier in the thread.

Hmm, so you did.  Mea Culpa.  That's what I get for skipping over a few pages.  

Another fact then.

Atoms are almost entirely empty space.  You could fit all the matter comprising every member of the human race into a sugar cube if you were to condense that space.

Elements are made of atoms, and those elemental atoms are different because they're made of different numbers of protons and neutrons.

Protons and neutrons are almost identical to one another, except one of them has an electromagnetic charge. This charge is equal but opposite to the electron.

Protons and neutrons are composed of different combinations of Quarks; quarks are subatomic particles which have minute charges (charges less than "1".)

Quarks are not composed of anything smaller. Fundamentally quarks are "made" of variations of energy levels in the quantum vacuum state. Modifications of energy at this level can easily determine what kind of fundamental particle results higher up in the chain of physics. The simple explanation of this phenomena is that "at the quantum level, the lines between matter and energy start to blur".

• Brohoof 1

The biggest naval guns ever used were on the Japanese Yamato class battleships (18.1in).

Hitler wanted 20in for his H44 class battleships, which never left the drawing board.

In allied news...

A US Montana class battleship was started and the hull was close to being finished but was soon scrapped since the war kinda ended, they would have been the biggest battleships ever made by the US Navy.

• The planet we live on is called Earth.

• All ponies are Best Pony.

Japan is an Island

The United States is located in the center of the North American continent.

The nation north of the U.S. is known as Canada.

The nation south of the U.S. is known as Mexico.

The machine you're using to read this post is known as a Computer.

It would take eleven Empire State Buildings stacked on top of each other to measure the Gulf of Mexico at its deepest point.

Rocks are made of Rock.

• Brohoof 1

Rocks are made of Rock.

Too deep, bro :D

We actually know less about our oceans on Earth than we know about the whole universe (more or less; at least the observable universe)

Only around 5% of our oceans have been discovered so far...

The deepest point is in the Mariana Trench and is 11.03 kilometres (6.85 mi) deep :o

• Despite what the pretty propaganda posters say. North Korea is, in fact, not Best Korea.

All Bronies are familiar with a secret TV channel known as "Discovery Family."

I still miss the Hub.

Minecraft is made out of blocks.

Creepers explode.

Wagons have Wheels (Sorry, Trixie...  :wau:)

Elements are made of atoms, and those elemental atoms are different because they're made of different numbers of protons and neutrons.

Protons and neutrons are almost identical to one another, except one of them has an electromagnetic charge. This charge is equal but opposite to the electron.

Protons and neutrons are composed of different combinations of Quarks; quarks are subatomic particles which have minute charges (charges less than "1".)

Quarks are not composed of anything smaller. Fundamentally quarks are "made" of variations of energy levels in the quantum vacuum state. Modifications of energy at this level can easily determine what kind of fundamental particle results higher up in the chain of physics. The simple explanation of this phenomena is that "at the quantum level, the lines between matter and energy start to blur".

I am insulted. You forgot the hadron. How could you?

Polar bear fur isnt white. Whiel it appears that way, each hair is actually a hollow tube with a small amount of air inside. The white appearence is given by the reflection of the snow beneath said polar bear.

• Brohoof 1

Polar bear fur isnt white. Whiel it appears that way, each hair is actually a hollow tube with a small amount of air inside. The white appearence is given by the reflection of the snow beneath said polar bear.

Reflection of snow? I don't think so; I've seen white bears on grass before in the zoo. You're right on the "hollow tube" part, though.

(edited)

Reflection of snow? I don't think so; I've seen white bears on grass before in the zoo. You're right on the "hollow tube" part, though.

It might be something about the sunlight. I just recall the childrens magazine i was reading saying it reflected the snow. Edited by Star Racer