Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you release your anger onto something

Trine

honestly? it's something from star wars that helps me to control my anger. a technique taught to darth sidious by darth plagueis:

"Control your feelings, keep in your anger against me, because it has no use to let it out now. Keep it inside you for now, remember your hatred, and save it for a moment when you need it."

of course, those are not the exact same words he used (I've read it in german, and that was some time ago), but it really helps me to cool down. when something pisses me off, I take a deep breath and kinda "breathe in my anger", and then use it when I really need it, f.e when I have to smash something. but most times, the anger cools down and leaves after a few days.

I vent my rage with short bursts by talking to someone I know about problems before walking away and forgetting it ever happened without resolving the issue. I am a furnace of pent-up anger. Possibly because I am extremely critical on myself and because I am in a sorta bipolar depression. :) I hate everything and love everything. 

Edited by Primarch Fulgrim
  • Brohoof 1

I start cursing to myself and if possible take my bike and ride on the road i love the most. Quiey and calming and it allways makes me happy and calm again :) or i screw my hearing by lissening to really loud hard rock through my earphones.

I don't. :(

I promised myself I would never punch anyone if I become angry, so that's not a way, and I just stopped myself from ever putting my anger into something.

Now when I get really angry I just stare with a Deathstare at the person who caused it. I can keep up the Stare for quite some time, which unsettles them, which is good for me.

I know that death stare really well ;) luckely you never did it to me :D Edited by Summer Breeze

or i screw my hearing by lissening to really loud hard rock through my earphones.

If I ever want to not hear anything I usually listen to storm sounds. It's really calming. :bedeyes:

I know that death stare really well ;) luckely you never did it to me :D

I've tried to show it to you a few times, but it just doesn't work if I don't want to person to break a leg... :icwudt:

I bave discovered that playing my Sims game helps whenever I feel angry. This way the only people that can accidentally get hurt are people I have created. O.o If I can't get on my computer I take my dog for a walk or hang with my horses.

I've thrown some things like my cell phone. Once I even purposely broke something due to my anger.

I argue a lot with my parents. I also used to have road rage. If anyone road my bumper I'd make sure to flip them off (I calmed down a lot now though and learned to try not to let others driving upset me. I went through that road rage phase not long after I had gotten my license. Now if someone rides my bumper I'll ignore it or pull off to the side of the road and let them pass.)

When I get angry I typically think or say (if I'm alone) some unpleasant things and then feel bad about my behavior( what I've said/thought) later on.

I'm not gonna lie, I do have anger issues but I've been trying to work on it

Edited by MEOWKB48

In my Childhood, i recorded a Radio Play of some sorts, in which i insulted all the People who bullied me.

In my Storys they often got killed by Bombs, Grenades or they would fight to the death. I screamed a lot on this Radio Plays, so my Mother got angry at me and destroyed some of the Tapes.

After that i let my anger out on my Books by pulling them apart.

I even destroyed some Lcd Games, a Keyboard...yeah...my childhood wasnt great.

Nowadays i dont have that much Anger anymore.

Edited by Rex Ruthless

• 2 weeks later...

I try as much as possible to manage my anger, but sometimes it just needs to be let out.

There are three things I do:

1. The most common thing I do is blast angry metal music at maximum volume on loop until I've calmed down. Then I think through what caused me to become angry.

2. Exercise, especially walking. Taking in the surrounding natural beauty and taking deep breaths is a surefire way for me to calm down and think through the situation.

3. The least common thing I do is shout at the top of my lungs and rant, however I only do this when I'm sure I'm alone. I talk things out with myself through the rant.

The pedestrians in Grand Theft Auto.

I actually don't get legitimately angry very often. Sometimes I get frustrated or annoyed, but I am not the type of person to dwell on those feelings so it doesn't take much for me to calm down.

• Brohoof 2

Typically I vent to my friends that actually listen when I get angry... But since I haven't been able to do that in quite some time, I've been falling back on Hotline Miami to blow off steam (putting it under a spoilers tag because it's pretty dang graphic... But it's surprising how much better I am at the game when I'm ticked off.)

Edited by Hocus Pocus

The pedestrians in Grand Theft Auto.

I actually don't get legitimately angry very often. Sometimes I get frustrated or annoyed, but I am not the type of person to dwell on those feelings so it doesn't take much for me to calm down.

I'm actually the same way its very hard to make me angry but when i do i usually go and sit alone and get it off my mind so i don't end up hurting someone 

• Brohoof 1

You should find a way to release your anger that doesn't harm you too much. Building up anger is actually one of the reasons there is so much problems in the world these days. People just takes it out on others just because they don't do anything to relieve their stress.

People that have been lifting weights for years actually have less anxiety and stress making them less likely to lash out at someone.

Edited by cider float
  • Brohoof 1

I release it on my dog, children, and baby sister.

jk i don't have any of the above. I haven't gotten angry enough require taking it out on something before

I usually take my anger out on video games. Helps a lot.

I've took it out on my closest friends before. That's never a good idea. Don't do that. Seriously. Take it from me, guys and gals.

• Brohoof 2

Good, good, let the hate flow through you.

I will occasionally lightly punch a wall and then whine about the pain. I usually just shake around angry like Hulk Hogan.

hulk-hogan-tabardillo-o.gif

• Brohoof 2

I try to let people know I am angry before I get to the boiling over point and even then I very seldom get angry. I'll get irritated more than I'll get angry and even then I tend to remain calm most of the time. I try to talk about my emotions to others so they'll know where I stand or at least think of how I will tell them about how I'm feeling so it'll come across in a way that they'll understand.  

Now, that said, I do try to vent my anger in bursts  in a healthy way so I won't lose my temper. Especially with those I care for, so I always try to find a healthy solution to it because living with anger is not pleasant for anyone, but especially for me because I do try to be a counselor of sorts for others.   I try to deal with my anger in healthy ways like with deep breathing, video games, exercise and listening to music. 

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Im not sure why people think anger is a bad thing. I love getting mad, although I should probably explain it better than that.

Basically, when things get to me and piss me off I get mad (obviously). Getting mad gives me an opportunity to release my potential towards a goal, winning after I lose, telling someone how I I really feel about them after they annoy me and so on so forth. Anger is a gateway to being bold and successful to me, and winning makes me excited.

That all being said, it won't be the case every time. 

I don't get angry - i get motivated. Iv'e adopted a policy, saying that every problem and issue in my life is a challenge to check. If, or when i feel angered, i dumb it down and use it to motivate myself into fixing my problems. 

Being angry is useless, why not do something about your problems?

If someone or something is making me get mad to a point I might loose my temper,  I will walk away for a moment and breathe or do something else to switch my mind to a different path.     On the side, I will go for a long walk or bike ride or just sit outside and if that does not work,  find a place to read a book.   Now if someone keeps coming after me even after I give a few warnings,  and pushing than I will get in their face on as a last push to get them to understand to leave me alone!

I usually just pace around my house and listen to some music. Turn it up as loud as my eardrums will allow and let my mind wonder to any little thing it wants. 

Or I sing...dance....those things that I can put all my feelings into. Exercising in general helps me feel better. 

• Brohoof 1