Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do you release your anger onto something

Trine

I don't really have any way to release or express my anger so I just have to bottle it up which doesn't really help either. If I can go somewhere where I can be on my own, letting out an expletive laden rant does help to vent the anger though.

(edited)

Not really. I kind of just bottle it up and yes, I know, not the best option, but it works for me.

Edited by Cash_In

I get pretty angry pretty often and pretty quickly.

I WISH I had a punching bag to take it out on, but I don’t, and I can’t even punch out my frustrations satisfyingly enough. Punching a bag is different than punching flesh if you get my meaning hahahah . . . I probably need help

I usually just draw something edgy and then pretend to be fine whenever someone looks at me :D 

(edited)

Not many things these days make me angry. Except if something happens in my menial, physical-intensive job, be it a person getting on my nerves or the actual materials I'm handling hurting me.

And I usually take my anger out by working harder.

Edited by Peppermint Larry

This past Sunday, I took my anger out on a magazine. In a fit of rage, I tore the January 2019 issue of F1 Racing in half down the spine, and dumped the remains into the recycling bin.

Other than that, I've mostly learned to control my anger and not break things. :)

• Brohoof 1

I've gotten a whole lot better with my anger compared to years ago. I still take my frustration out by biting my finger, it's weird. I do that so I don't bash the crap out of my car because now, I only get angry when I'm working on a car or something.

Whenever I get really, really pissed off for whatever reason, I release my anger into work of all sorts.

Just to show everyone I am damn better than them if I want to. Either at workplace, doing not only the work I am assigned but also way beyond that, or at home, cleaning those windows to a point you wonder if they are actually still there.

I have a digital journal that I put my emotions in. It helps me get over things a lot of the time because it forces me to approach the issue directly and rationalize it.

But when the anger and frustration truly spikes, I literally release it in my car (where nobody has to hear me going super saiyan.)

Tears of anger. Oooooh they're the absolute worst, because I can't control them, they're embarrassing, and the only time I cry is when I'm pissed. I ain't sad, I'm about to Hannibal Lecter your face. And then because I'm angry crying, I get even more mad. ARGH.

Kind of? I just usually sit around and try to distract myself. Other times I just listen to music that lets move release my feelings that way.

I... have a few times, some worse than others. I'm not proud of it. Though now I think I have a better handle on things. If something's got me mad but it's a short-lived kind of anger, I can usually turn my mind to other things until it's gone or I forget about it. If it's something that consistently or repeatedly makes me angry and it's not a problem I can fix, I find a bit of peace in writing all about it in as much detail as I can in a notebook, not caring how much anger I shove into those words, then tearing the pages out and burning them. Burning them doesn't actually help relax me, but it makes it so that I can write whatever I want and not have to worry about anyone else ever seeing it.

• 5 months later...

I threw my keyboard once while being frustrated in anger. That was the last time I ever decided to release my anger on something. Try to type on a keyboard with missing keys and a broken stand. Not worth it!

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately not often enough. I have a bad habit of holding in my anger. But one time I did write all the things I was angry at on sheets for paper and proceeded to tear it into confetti.

I need to do that more often. I felt great afterwards!

Fortunately I refrain from yelling or breaking anything on my sight if I get angry. I have a punching bag in my room and I use that to lash all my anger out. I also beat on a tire with a sledgehammer I have in the garage, so that will help suppress my anger too. I would also flip tractor tires to help calm my anger down.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 year later...

Voodoo dolls are pretty great if it’s a person I’m pissed off at.

If it’s more of a situation I’m pissed off at I usually don’t do anything. Wait out the anger really.