Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

My first try at Inkscape

Ninja(Pinkie)Midget

This was my first try at making a pony image using Inkscape.  I used an original drawing of Pinkie Pie done by Lauren Faust back when Pinkie Pie was supposed to be a pegasus pony.  I think it's not bad for a first try.

PinkiePiePegasus.png

PinkiePiePegasus.jpg

• Brohoof 3

The only problem I can see is this line here:

E2YKhPl.png

Unless its meant to be there for some reason I havent realised :P But apart from that its almost spot on :)

• Brohoof 1

I just couldn't leave it alone with all those blocky lines and other mistakes.   Here's the latest version, with the correct eye color and eye highlights...and no more blocky lines!path4226.png

You must be pulling my leg...This is on the high-end of MLP fanart...

I get the impression you've actually USED Inkscape before, just not for this kind of art?

No, I'm new to Inkscape, but I have a good amount of Photoshop experience, so I already had an understanding of layers and masks and all that stuff.  I also got a lot of help from videos on youtube.  dashohalite has a whole series of videos that walks you through creating these images and he has some great shortcuts and tips.  The thing that is going to be really hard is getting some of the cool shading effects that I see people using in Inkscape.   Those guys are the true Inkscape ninjas :lol: