Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler the new 100th episode trailer

colt .45

I know hardly anyone on this site watches Discovery Family channel, but after they premiered all the Rainbow Rocks shorts as "a totally new Equestria Girls adventure" they showed an extended two minute trailer for the one hundredth episode (in addition to the short commercials for it, that they've been showing all morning). So yeah, if anyone saw that and wants to discuss it...

Or just how they played the whole morning out on TV. I think they should have played the shorts in between the movies. At least the five where they acquire their instruments (and maybe Vinyl in "music to my ears"). It would have made more sense to show them getting instruments first. I mean that's how we saw it. They had all the videos on YouTube before the movie came out to bring us up to speed on the fact that the "human" friends were musicians and forming a band. Personally, I've never figured out why they didn't just use those scenes in the movie. So anyway, they should have played those six shorts as kind of a pre movie leaving out the two music videos (the "shake your tail" song is already in the movie) and using that time to play the whole movie ( if you've only seen Rainbow Rocks on TV, there is about four minutes they never show, including an awesome song over the end credits) it all would havefit into the time slot perfectly. And there still would have been the two minute space for the hundredth episode sneek-peek.

Wasn't sure if this should have gone in the Equestria Girls sub forum, so I left it here because of the one hundredth episode part.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Derpy sounds semi-Fluttershy to me... huh.

Octavia sounds awful. Waaay too stereotypically british for me. I'd prefer the accent to be less exaggerated and more rarity-tantrum-esque. Still pretty great though.

And if VInyl doesn't talk... I swear...

Edited by Nectar Bluegrass
  • Brohoof 4

As someone who has been highly critical of the rise of fight scenes in the show lately, I'm surprised to say that I'd be very interested in watching the mane six's fight from beginning to end.  :grin2:

• Brohoof 2

Ugh, I hate the fact that the episode is based around the wedding of those two donkeys. I really hate those two. Hopefully they won't get much screen time.

Derpy's voice is..... ok. I still miss the charm and cuteness of the original. Still pretty damn excited though!

• Brohoof 2

And she sounds like she does in the fan made "musicians of ponyville" video!

Yeah! I love how exaggerated she sounds, it fits her perfectly!

• Brohoof 1

Derpy Talks!  as awesome as that is. I kinda have a mix feeling about how this EP is going to play out, watching the extended trailer makes me feel a tad bit bored. Though seeing Button Mash and having Octavia in this episode is going to be the highlight of it all ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I only watched the 2nd trailer not to spoil me too much, but I'm assuming from the comments that Vinyl's voice wasn't heard in the first one...I hope we'll hear her talking (after all she appears in the trailer, so it's not impossible), though I'm so used to have Nowacking dub her it may be strange if she had any other voice :D

Also, I'm really digging to see more Spa sisters on screen

• Brohoof 2

I actually don't mind Derpy's new voice. Kind of sounds like the one in Doctor Whooves and his assistant, which I actually like.

Dorctor Whooves has a British accent? Figures.

Also what the fuck is that monster? Looks like a mix of everything.

• Brohoof 2

Well, Discovery Family seems to have a less experienced staff behind it, it's not really surprising that their scheduling may seem more sloppy than it was on The Hub. They have always aired the Equestria Girls movies cut down anyway.

I only watched the 2nd trailer not to spoil me too much, but I'm assuming from the comments that Vinyl's voice wasn't heard in the first one...I hope we'll hear her talking (after all she appears in the trailer, so it's not impossible), though I'm so used to have Nowacking dub her it may be strange if she had any other voice :D

Also, I'm really digging to see more Spa sisters on screen

Yeah, I prefer Vinyl as a nonspeaking character (she speaks with her hooves on the wheels of steel) But, if she does speak she better sound like Jessi!

(edited)

Well I'm convinced.  

I am no longer cautiously optimistic about the episode.  

I am now just regularly optimistic about it.

It looks like it will be a fun experience that I can't wait to see.  

Now if only the 2 weeks would go by faster.

Edited by cmarston1

Well, the way I see it, this episode could bring the fandom even closer together, or completely tear it apart. Fingers crossed and pray to God that it's the first one.

Oh my god :D Octavia finally speaks, I have always wanted to hear her voice. The monster is kinda...what? I'm afraid that this will be the typical "do something very random to make something happen in the background" which I personally hate, in my opinion that beear could have been replaced something more...not random? Like the monster from the prev episode....that looked sooo coool!