Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler the new 100th episode trailer

colt .45

Man I can't wait, this episode is going to be really cool. :)

Think I'll pass on the teasers though, I can wait to hear any surprise voices(tho Octavia spoke in EQGRR so it'll probably be the same voice) :derp:

(edited)

Why nopony posted this?

What's her name?

Her official name is Amethyst Star. Her fandom name is Sparkler, since her cutie mark is three diamonds.

Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

The only thing I fear about this episode is there'll be so many characters that all of them will be just fanservice with only one line. But I trust the staff on it, after all, they made a decent work with EG, where the simple concept screamed epic phail 

EDIT: :GASP: HOW THEY MANAGED TO CONVICE LUNA TO ATTEND THE WEDDING  :o . The first sneak peek, 00:22, over Spike, that's clearly her mane  :pinkie:

Edited by Steve Piranha

The pandering is high here, me thinks.

Octavia being in the spotlight and talking just feels off... Very off. Don't get me wrong: I don't care how many head canons this destroys. Destroy them all, I say. I just think it's off to be pandering to this level. Especially when you completely leave out the other musician ponies that the fandom completely ignored. >.>

Octavia being in the spotlight and talking just feels off... Very off. Don't get me wrong: I don't care how many head canons this destroys. Destroy them all, I say. I just think it's off to be pandering to this level. Especially when you completely leave out the other musician ponies that the fandom completely ignored. >.>

What you see as Octavia being in the spotlight seems off. She's not even featured for a full minute in a two minute trailer. For all we know that clip could constitute the entirety of her role in the episode. All I'm saying is I think its a bit too early to call. What some are calling "pandering" or "fan service" I choose to see as a "thank you" to the fans for their support, and making it to this milestone.

• Brohoof 1

Like I've always said it before: Let's all hope Truffle Shuffle will be a official canon name for that chubby grey pony. Same as Golden Harvest and DJ PON-3 right?

• Brohoof 1

EDIT: :GASP: HOW THEY MANAGED TO CONVICE LUNA TO ATTEND THE WEDDING  :o . The first sneak peek, 00:22, over Spike, that's clearly her mane  :pinkie:

Because this is an episode about background ponies, remember?

It's a joke.  Don't hurt me!

This will be an interesting episode.

I don't think this is really fan pandering. Maybe the kids who watch this show are so interested in the background ponies but want official backstory on them because most kids who watch don't go on the internet and look up fanfiction. Besides it's just one episode.

• Brohoof 1

Was that Button Mash I saw with Vinyl Scratch in that promo? Does this mean that he'll play a role? And what are the Mane Six doing fighting a monster in the middle of town? Shouldn't they take the fight somewhere safe and secluded? 

• Brohoof 1

Ugh, I hate the fact that the episode is based around the wedding of those two donkeys. I really hate those two. Hopefully they won't get much screen time.

Derpy's voice is..... ok. I still miss the charm and cuteness of the original. Still pretty damn excited though!

Same, as long as it makes idiot soccer moms happy and to put away their pitchforks and torches. I'm ok with Derpy's voice too.

(edited)

It's ponies like Amethyst Star that get swept up in Starlight Glimmer's ideology. She lost her outlet to express one of the skills she enjoys because another pony in town can organize with greater prowess than her. At least it didn't have to do with her cutie mark, otherwise she might have become disillusioned and join a marvelously-sounding utopia contrived by a hypocritical, but sincere, idealist... 

:lol:

Anyway, the jelly pony from "Hearts and Hooves Day" is back! Does anyone know his name? :pinkie:

Edited by estoc

I was surprised to see the trailer....and so giddy with excitement after watching it.

Derpy....to be HONEST, her voice sounds like that one spa pony from Castle Sweet Castle.

I am so gosh darn excited about Octavia actually speaking. It made me squee. >W< I just hope that if they ever have Vinyl talk, that they'll have a voice at least a bit similar to Nowacking. ;o;

I can't wait to see it! C:

• Brohoof 2

I am so gosh darn excited about Octavia actually speaking. It made me squee. >W< I just hope that if they ever have Vinyl talk, that they'll have a voice at least a bit similar to Nowacking. ;o;

I can't wait to see it! C:

and Derpy too OMG!!!!!!!!  :muffins:  :derp:  can't wait to hear her speak!!!

• Brohoof 1

I can't wait. And this new Derpy voice is amazing. Hope they stick with it. If Jessi voiced Vinyl I would prob have a heart attack on Saturday.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

To be fair, it's a milestone celebration, this is pretty common. When you reach a milestone like 100 episodes, 10th anniversary, so on and so forth a lot of shows will celebrate with a love letter to the fandom.

Star Trek's done it, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has done it and Doctor Who has done it several times.

I have no issue with it. If they want to celebrate with a big bang and centre it around a subject that the fandom's invested in, then by all means they can go right ahead.

Edited by The Coffee Pony
  • Brohoof 3

To be fair, it's a milestone celebration, this is pretty common. When you reach a milestone like 100 episodes, 10th anniversary, so on and so forth a lot of shows will celebrate with a love letter to the fandom.

Star Trek's done it, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has done it and Doctor Who has done it several times.

I have no issue with it. If they want to celebrate with a big bang and centre it around a subject that the fandom's invested in, then by all means they can go right ahead.

Speaking of TMNT, that brings to mind "Turtles Forever," which while I'm not a fan of TMNT, that movie was one of the most glorious things I ever saw. That was one hell of a love letter to the fans.

That said, I appreciate when a shows staff think that much of the fanbase to do something like this. It doesn't need to be taken seriously; heck, Turtles Forever definitely wasn't.

Just time to enjoy the ride. :)

• Brohoof 2

Just like I said that before: Did they really recolored Button because of the JanAnimations C&D problem? Or maybe they recolored him because of the JanAnimations C&D conflict? I mean when I saw the preview on YouTube, I noticed the color change, too! Gosh Darn It Hasbro! I mean look at them, the MLP characters are used all the time in fanimations. The only way to get the C&D lifted is to send a letter to Hasbro (the reason why because I'm planning to send this letter).