Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

spoiler the new 100th episode trailer

colt .45

What you see as Octavia being in the spotlight seems off. She's not even featured for a full minute in a two minute trailer. For all we know that clip could constitute the entirety of her role in the episode. All I'm saying is I think its a bit too early to call. What some are calling "pandering" or "fan service" I choose to see as a "thank you" to the fans for their support, and making it to this milestone.

Watch the new teaser and tell me that with a straight face after that:

• Brohoof 2

It would be super NICE if they got Nowacking to voice Vinyl Scratch!! That would be AMAZING! BUT under my creation law "JCFTA (Joint Collaboration Free Trade Agreement)", a show VA or fan VA (like ShadyVox, EileMonty and Nowacking of COURSE!) has the RIGHT to fan worked as the same character as that is copyrighted by Hasbro. And another example: Kyle Hebert and Chris Sabat are both official voice actors at FUNimation, yet they both provided minor voice-work for Team Four Star's DBZ Abridged videos, which have been self-described as "Non-profit, fan-based parodies". Fair enough but good! Sigh, I wish my creation law the JCFTA (Joint Collaboration Free Trade Agreement) would go into effect.

A user from the SSMB named "gato" highlighted a very clever reference involving Amethyst Star (screenshot credit to him):

90AkRuK.png

In Winter Wrap Up, she was the captain of the animal team. So for her to say she was "Ponyville's best organizer" prior to Twilight's arrival and presence makes plenty of sense continuity-wise. Her line isn't exposition dump. It means something.

(edited)

I find this more cringe worthy than anything.

Now we have to hear all about the stupid shipping shit.

Edited by takai

I find this more cringe worthy than anything.

Now we have to hear all about the stupid shipping shit.

It is very cringe worthy... But not for that reason.

It just looks entirely like something from the fandom, and not something that's actually real. I have a hard time believing this is something that is actual going to be in the actual show, even though I know it is.

(edited)

Just as I figured, Vinyl probably won't say a word the entire episode. She'll remain the mime she was in Rainbow Rocks. Although who designed their house? Discord? It's literally split down the middle inside and out!

Although...that duel record/bow spin almost killed me with laughter. I'm still not looking forward to this episode, but the VinylTavia shipper in me is excited at least.

Edited by PoisonClaw

It just looks entirely like something from the fandom, and not something that's actually real. I have a hard time believing this is something that is actual going to be in the actual show, even though I know it is.
Disagree completely. FIM never had any set tone for music. They had electric, show tunes, rock, modern pop, and classic rap to name a few. A combination of classical and dubstep is absurd, but fits well with the background and their characterizations.

Don't worry. The headcanons/fandom will NOT change, BUT after it's just an one-time episode. BUT after the 100th episode, things will revert to the way it was before the 100th episode in Episode 101.

Octavia being in the spotlight and talking just feels off... Very off. Don't get me wrong: I don't care how many head canons this destroys. Destroy them all, I say. I just think it's off to be pandering to this level. Especially when you completely leave out the other musician ponies that the fandom completely ignored. >.>

I wouldn't mind the other musician background ponies getting attention, partly due to the fact that I am a musician but these are only short previews. Sure the other musician ponies probably won't have an prominent of a role as Octavia but there is still the possibility that some of them might appear and that one of them might even speak, I never thought Derpy would even speak again and yet we see that plain as day in one of the trailers. And there is also the possibility that with the additional attention Octavia will likely get that maybe some of the other musician ponies might get attention as well among the fans.

You see this as pandering and I won't deny that this episode was made as a sort of gift to bronies, but that dosen't automatically mean the episode is going to suck. You say head canons are bad and there are some I am not a fan of but are they really all THAT bad? Some are actually quite plausible even if certain other ones are a tad questionable and a few other are preposterous.

I'm not and have yet to see any trailers for this new episode. I have never liked looking up prior info for new episodes because that usually ends up just ruining the surprise for me. I like to watch something without having any prior knowledge of it so it is fresh and new.

This...is...beautiful...epic...I'm crying... :D

• Brohoof 2

Eh I don't find the clip that bad, I mean they could have had full blown dubstep in there, still though I can't believe MLP involves internet references, a lot different then that G3 crap that was fed to my generation (although I didn't even know of it's existence at that time). 

Shoot, if Hasbro does an CMC spinoff series, then I want Button Mash's canonical characterization to remain the same just like his fan characterization. I mean Button Mash moved from Fillydephia to Ponyville right?

JESUS CHRIST DERPY, VINYl, OCTAVIA, DOCTOR FUC*ING WHOOVES AND A BUNCH OF OTHERS LIKE ROSELUCK ARE ALL IN EPISODE 100!

But I swear to Luna if Vinyl doesn't get a voice in this episode...

Octavia's voice needs it's snob to be lowered a skosh as well

I wouldn't mind the other musician background ponies getting attention, partly due to the fact that I am a musician but these are only short previews. Sure the other musician ponies probably won't have an prominent of a role as Octavia but there is still the possibility that some of them might appear and that one of them might even speak, I never thought Derpy would even speak again and yet we see that plain as day in one of the trailers. And there is also the possibility that with the additional attention Octavia will likely get that maybe some of the other musician ponies might get attention as well among the fans.

They'll get attention, you say? But most of them have straight-up stopped showing up. It's just sad that Octavia's like the only pony from the ensemble in The Best Night Ever that ever reappears, and *all* because the fandom likes her.

You see this as pandering and I won't deny that this episode was made as a sort of gift to bronies, but that dosen't automatically mean the episode is going to suck. You say head canons are bad and there are some I am not a fan of but are they really all THAT bad? Some are actually quite plausible even if certain other ones are a tad questionable and a few other are preposterous.

I don't really have any problem whatsoever with the fandom versions of Octavia and Vinyl Scratch. However, canonizing them is just too weird, those depictions are completely labeled "fandom" in my mind, and to see all of these concepts in the actual show is too much. I've never had any major complaints about this series, but this has certainly gone too far.

They should have remained background characters. This is an unspoken rule.

(edited)
It's just sad that Octavia's like the only pony from the ensemble in The Best Night Ever that ever reappears, and *all* because the fandom likes her.

It's not all that sad at all.

1. This is what you call the "fandom" episode. The one hundredth episode is a milestone no matter which series. FIM will be crossing over into becoming Hasbro's longest running TV series. The brony fandom is heavily responsible for bringing this show into the limelight and keeping it on the air. You, me, everyone else who posted here, and the bronies outside this forum. Without all of us, chances are FIM would've been canceled, and we wouldn't have gotten even to season three. Never take the adult brony fandom for granted. Slice of Life is basically a token of appreciation to the older bronies.
  2. Review the four musical ponies from TBNE objectively.

sig-3823140.sig-3823140.Grand_Galloping_

The two stallions and the mare blowing in the tuba are generic. Octavia has a very unique hair and mane style, and her posture oozes class. She sticks out the most because she's the most unique. The fandom didn't latch onto her for no apparent reason. She became attracted for reasons similar to why they love Derpy, Vinyl, and Dr. Whooves.

I've never had any major complaints about this series, but this has certainly gone too far.

Disagree completely. Canonically, we had absolutely no idea about any of their background. We didn't know where they lived, and we certainly didn't know if they knew each other, much less lived together. The blend of music styles fits really well and livens the characters' friendship with one another.

1. That's kinda the point. These are very popular background characters. After ninety-nine episodes featuring the mane cast, they can twist it up for one episode by featuring the popular backgrounds and tertiaries. If they stick with the theme of friendship and write a coherent story, it should be fine.
  2. "Unspoken rules" are made to be broken.
Edited by Dark Qiviut
  • Brohoof 6

:GASP: THERE ARE TWO TEASERS ALREADY  :o . I'M GONNA GO CRAZY  :blink: . AND DERPY SPEAKS AGAIN  :derp:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HshasRWTitM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSW7Ave6tcA

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! This looks like it's going to be one of the best episodes ever! And one of my best birthdays ever! This episode comes out on my birthday! I'm so hyped  ^_^  :o  :yay:  :pinkie:

• Brohoof 1

Well, it's not like the apocalypse is coming because of it  :derp: . Just chill, they'll be back as background poneh after this chapter  ;)