Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How Will You Change The World?

Dewdlz

Our existence as cognitive human beings, constantly creating and never ceasing to imagine. How will/would you change the world?

Even those who say they have no role in life, just by saying those words affect someone else's thinking and influence them as such. Saying a simple "Hello" to anyone, friends or strangers can impact them to prosper in life. The person sitting next to you in a library could be the greatest motivational speaker of the future if you simply said "Good afternoon". How do you think you've changed the world thus far?

I would say to those reading this, that I already made an imprint on someone. Even a simple glance at someone and remembering them from the past could cause a new idea to spark. An infinite chain of events.

Whatever it may be, speak it, for no matter the answer, you affect all in your presence.

• Brohoof 3

Well, technically speaking everything that I'm currently doing, even typing this message with my keyboard, is altering the world in some way or another (albeit in a small way).

On a larger scale I would say that whatever I say to people, both on these forums and off, affects the world on a far more influential scale.  By talking to people I'm altering their views on certain topics and their opinions of me.  I could make someone happy or sad, depending on my mood and how kind that person has been to me in the past.

At a physical level I could influence the world in both negative ways and positive ways as well.  Something negative would be burning tires (which I would never do) or any other way to negatively affect the environment.  Something positive could be walking on the side of the road and picking up trash that other people have so carelessly tossed away.

I do hope to change the world in a positive way, but sometimes there are unforseen consequences which add a certain level of ambiguity to my actions.  But no one can predict the future, at least in my opinion, so who knows how I will truly end up influencing the world.

I do love philosophical posts like these :)   They make me question and think critically about myself and the world as a whole.  

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

Ah, this is such an interesting topic to discuss. I started something similar to this the other week about something small you did that has impacted your life. It's a bit different, but the same concept. It's so weird to think about the small things that could lead to such a massive chain of events...

For me, I hope to change the world by helping to make games that people really enjoy (Maybe even some "Average Joe" software). I also hope to keep making some amateur MLP music to please the fandom. These things come with a type of fame that, like anyone, I would most definitely enjoy, but more importantly, I just love the feeling of entertaining people and knowing that I have impacted their lives in some way, such as how you were discussing. The feeling of making someone else happy through my work is probably one of the best feelings ever. I know how it feels to get impacted emotionally by a simple game or song, and I want others to get that feeling. 

Currently, I don't think that I have made much of an impact on the world. It's a bit sad to think about, but my future looks bright, and I hope to accomplish my goals and dreams no matter the hardships that I must face.

@, How would you like to change the world?

Edited by Joseph Stallion
  • Brohoof 3

What I hope for others to hear in my opinions or other sayings is to imprint knowledge that they may not have known or have a rough idea of it. What I hope to see is a person emerge better from the effort as they not only know of the topic but what I especially hopes happens is that they'll be motivated to find and seek out more knowledge so that way they can go and spread their view to others so they too can better themselves from learning such insight.

• Brohoof 2

So far, I think I've changed it for the better. I particularly remember when I was younger in grades 5-9 where I made friends with the unpopular and stood up to a bully trapping someone in a locker. I don't really do such daring things anymore, especially now that adult bullies could be carrying weapons. My positive attitude continues though and hopefully radiates to my fellow coworkers. I might just be making them more grumpy. Who knows?

I suppose my code might one day have an affect on our day-to-day lives. I'm a young software engineer so I don't really have much experience yet, but I hope to someday contribute to some free software projects (or even lead one) and create well-designed programs people can enjoy. 

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@, How would you like to change the world?

I could be changing the world now by someone typing "How Will You Change The World?" In Google search, thus leading to this post and affecting them in multiple ways. Anything noticeable by any living organism, even an insect on the ground running away from you as you almost step on them, affects change. It could run into a piece of bread it missed on its journey to give to its queen, thus fulfilling it's instinct to serve and grow.

There are many ways to say things, so many ways I could say differently that I would be typing this message for hours, days or weeks coming up with a perfect response. I type with what comes to mind and the instant it does my device emulates it into the internet. (Not much of a tech-guru but oh well).

Exploring the world. Taking opportunities or even missing opportunities for other opportunities (say that 10 times fast) is affecting the world. It affects it slowly but surely. Every action made changes it. Throwing a rock into a pond could cause something in it to change something else, which could metaphorically reveal a pot of gold to someone else who's poor. The odds of that specific occurence are slim, but the idea remains. Creativity and imagination is key. We all have it within our being. Everyone has a purpose whether it's obvious or not. We live for others after us and every detail we make impacts it. Inventions for example - electricity. I wouldn't be on here if it weren't for the invention of electricity. Thus, I wouldn't have made the topic to spread my ideas to others. It's a never-ending cycle of change. Change leads to more change and new ideas.

It's a question that really has no answer for it's up to the individual to determine it. There is more than one solution to any given problem. We create problems so we can solve them. 2+2=4 because we invented numbers long ago to make it so.

Edited by Quetzalcoatl
  • Brohoof 2

Your explanation of this concept could not be any better. I completely understand what you are saying, and it hurts my mind just thinking about the strange thing that is time and how it really works and affects us.  :confused:

Everyone has a purpose whether it's obvious or not. We live for others after us and every detail we make impacts it.
That's the type of inspiring and optimistic stuff that I like to hear <3 Stuff like that honestly makes my day a little brighter (Well, except that it is night right now  :lol:).
  • Brohoof 1

Your explanation of this concept could not be any better. I completely understand what you are saying, and it hurts my mind just thinking about the strange thing that is time and how it really works and affects us.  :confused:

That's the type of inspiring and optimistic stuff that I like to hear <3 Stuff like that honestly makes my day a little brighter (Well, except that it is night right now  :lol:).

There are plenty of ways to make it better, so much more that I can't comprehend it with my mind's capacity. That's where the term "mad scientist" comes in. Never stopping to learn and determining what needs to go here and there. Maybe if we took all the books in the world and combined it into a universal response, it could be the ultimate answer. Then again, any answer can be changed or proven right from wrong. To me there is no right or wrong. Or maybe there is? Like I said, chain of events. Never stop improving is my answer if I had one. Until life as we know it has other plans of course, if or when that should or shouldn't come. Then the question leads to what life is as we know it after death? We only can imagine.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Then the question leads to what life is as we know it after death? We only can imagine.

Just thinking about death and then space itself, an infinite place of nothingness with a floating sphere in it that has this thing called life, blows my mind. It makes us question the reality of things, if reality can even be considered an understandable thing. But maybe some questions are left unanswered until each person's time has come, and maybe it is that way for the better.

And until then, we must make the most of what we have and know, striving to be better.

Edited by Joseph Stallion
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Take control and start a new world goverment

Sorry but that's already happening and it is being planed behind closed doors.

(For OP) I would give a long and inspirational Speech at an TED conference

About my solutions to change the world

Edited by MLG4Ever
  • Brohoof 1

Sorry but that's already happening and it is being planed behind closed doors.

(For OP) I would give a long and inspirational Speech at an TED conference

About my solutions to change the world

That's what this topic is for. :P

I think of "solution" as more of an idea. I like to think about why it makes it right, how to change or make it better. I can't limit myself to making anything solve-able for I might miss out on something hidden within the leaves, figuratively speaking. Styles change, ideas change. We change everyday. Each day is a teacher, and learning from that day to grow for the future. I'm influenced in philosophy, but I don't limit myself to that. Not everything is learned in books. Sometimes doing things instead of thinking about them makes satisfaction better.

I could edit my responses in so many ways but I have to come up with something eventually. ;)

Looking back, I'd say the world changed me way more than I changed the world. My impacts seem rather insignificant compared to others. I'm having a hard time connecting with people and thus most people seem to forget me almost instantly. I might have made an impact on others but for the most part I doubt that I've done anything special in terms of changing the world.

• Brohoof 1

I really don't believe I have the qualities of a person who can truly make a difference. It's unfortunate because I really would like to die one day and be able to say I did something of great significance but really I don't think I will -_- Still being just an average Jane trudging through life isn't so bad if you have the right attitude :)

• Brohoof 1

I don't plan on changing the world. The world changes by itself every day. I simply plan on making the most of it by being there to help my fellow man

Gotta go with this guy. I match your views pretty much exact.

I do not plan to change the world, mainly because I am fairly convinced that I can't. It is just a realistic realization for myself. If I could, there are many things I could do, but I don't even know what really. The world is a complicated place. So I would rather live my life and enjoy it as it is, and see how things play out. :)

• Brohoof 3

probably not that much.

i might change the views of some people, and i would also like to make a difference in certain fields, but i ain´t a politician.

There are certain individuals that are destined to make obvious sweeping changes but most of us don't fit under that category, but what everyone does even the most average, ordinary person still matters. Case in point is this one man in Australia who lives near a cliff that has prevented 160 people from committing suicide from simply talking to them and inviting them over for tea at his house. All he did was stop, listen to these people and show them a little bit of kindness and he ended up saving their lives.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/australian-angel-saves-lives-at-suicide-spot/

What I am going to do is simply what I can, I am probably not going to come up with some revolutionary invention, cure some deadly disease or lead some political or social movement but why should I let that discourage me? I do have aspirations to teach (history in particular) in part because I do in fact want to make a difference in the lives of others. There are a lot of important facts that even most adults don't understand and I would like to do what I can to try to correct a lot of this and try to elevate humanity to a more enlightened state.

• 6 years later...

I don't think I will ever be able to change the world in any way, big or small. Who cares though, changing the world isn't what matters in life - it's the lives you change that matters. I try my best to make a positive impact on other's lives, and that should be what we all strive for, not changing the world.

If I got a serious offer that I could actually change the world, I would. But, there are easier ways to live than to have to do work that no one really notices or cares about, like the world we live in.

• Brohoof 1

Dismantle the governments, expose the world heath organization for crimes against humanity, and those behind the united nations with nasa and the religious dogma, who veiled the planar shape of the eath and the nature of the solid firmament to negate the existence of the creator responsible for this creation.
My way to change the world is to finish the game once and for all. Let's skip the vatican plot and the return of the nephilim, by which I mean friendly extraterrestials, who are in fact the fallen ones.
Can we skip the marks of the beast and tribulation? Can the creator... you know, stop scratching his balls on the throne of god... and just end it? That would be much appreciated. I mean, I've been given some dates, 2022, 2026, 2036, 2041. I don't really know what they mean. But I don't really care either. Each day I look at the world, it looks less real. Where is the messiah, when you need it?

(Funny, 911 characters. How apropos, really. Let's see here... Revelations 9-11) + (Allso, it was your own government who brought those towers down, blue beam technology and I believe they used cymatics because the metal skeletons in those two towers could not have been brought down with a thousand planes, but back on topic)

So... revelations 9-11

"9 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes. 6 During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them"... who wrote this sh*t?

So... apparently. We are not skipping the mark of the beast, after all.

Also, the covid agenda is being solved as we speak. Someone has figured out it was engineered snake poison. Two types of snakes, actually. Because the caduceus of pharmakeia represented in the word health organization has two serpents. Look how imaginative they are. And the snakes did stumble in the end. Well, done. Everyone. *clap*. Let's not talk about other components related with 5g or the blinding of the pineal eye, heavy metals, chemtrails, or the shadow collective... right? Just pretend they never existed to begin with. Wooosh! Gone.

It was all a game. Yaaaay... except for those who died... horribly *cough*, *cough*. Sorry, I have some covid stuck in my throat.

You know, just-just... just let get me out of this world. Open a portal, or rapture my innocent and pure soul. By the way, there is no such thing a pre-tribulations rapture. Apparently, you have to suffer for the creator. And I thought I was the only sadistic bastard, here. But yeah. I do not believe this divine comedy anymore. There is nothing to change... it is a play. And it only works as long as you have a measure of innocence/hypocrisy, which I lost long ago.

There is no greater purpose, unless you are willing to believe there is. Which is something physically impossible for me. There is nothing new under the sun... I lost everything over a piece of garbage play...

Well, look at that. 20:12 That is nice time to see, you know. Maybe, I get my wish after all. To get out in the middle of the movie.

• Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Dismantle the governments, expose the world heath organization for crimes against humanity, and those behind the united nations with nasa and the religious dogma, who veiled the planar shape of the eath and the nature of the solid firmament to negate the existence of the creator responsible for this creation.
My way to change the world is to finish the game once and for all. Let's skip the vatican plot and the return of the nephilim, by which I mean friendly extraterrestials, who are in fact the fallen ones.
Can we skip the marks of the beast and tribulation? Can the creator... you know, stop scratching his balls on the throne of god... and just end it? That would be much appreciated. I mean, I've been given some dates, 2022, 2026, 2036, 2041. I don't really know what they mean. But I don't really care either. Each day I look at the world, it looks less real. Where is the messiah, when you need it?

(Funny, 911 characters. How apropos, really. Let's see here... Revelations 9-11) + (Allso, it was your own government who brought those towers down, blue beam technology and I believe they used cymatics because the metal skeletons in those two towers could not have been brought down with a thousand planes, but back on topic)

So... revelations 9-11

"9 The fifth angel sounded his trumpet, and I saw a star that had fallen from the sky to the earth. The star was given the key to the shaft of the Abyss. 2 When he opened the Abyss, smoke rose from it like the smoke from a gigantic furnace. The sun and sky were darkened by the smoke from the Abyss. 3 And out of the smoke locusts came down on the earth and were given power like that of scorpions of the earth. 4 They were told not to harm the grass of the earth or any plant or tree, but only those people who did not have the seal of God on their foreheads. 5 They were not allowed to kill them but only to torture them for five months. And the agony they suffered was like that of the sting of a scorpion when it strikes. 6 During those days people will seek death but will not find it; they will long to die, but death will elude them"... who wrote this sh*t?

So... apparently. We are not skipping the mark of the beast, after all.

Also, the covid agenda is being solved as we speak. Someone has figured out it was engineered snake poison. Two types of snakes, actually. Because the caduceus of pharmakeia represented in the word health organization has two serpents. Look how imaginative they are. And the snakes did stumble in the end. Well, done. Everyone. *clap*. Let's not talk about other components related with 5g or the blinding of the pineal eye, heavy metals, chemtrails, or the shadow collective... right? Just pretend they never existed to begin with. Wooosh! Gone.

It was all a game. Yaaaay... except for those who died... horribly *cough*, *cough*. Sorry, I have some covid stuck in my throat.

You know, just-just... just let get me out of this world. Open a portal, or rapture my innocent and pure soul. By the way, there is no such thing a pre-tribulations rapture. Apparently, you have to suffer for the creator. And I thought I was the only sadistic bastard, here. But yeah. I do not believe this divine comedy anymore. There is nothing to change... it is a play. And it only works as long as you have a measure of innocence/hypocrisy, which I lost long ago.

There is no greater purpose, unless you are willing to believe there is. Which is something physically impossible for me. There is nothing new under the sun... I lost everything over a piece of garbage play...

Well, look at that. 20:12 That is nice time to see, you know. Maybe, I get my wish after all. To get out in the middle of the movie.

Hey TCML,

I read all your post. I noticed other users here have very simple responses to how they would fix the world, but I can tell you seem to have a lot of frustration. There was a lot in there as well about God and Revelation. If I could change the world I would convince everyone that God loves them (seriously, that would be it). But the problem is I really don't know how to do that, but I want to know I hear your frustration and I hope you will find the answers to those hard questeions.

• Brohoof 2