Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Use of Google Chrome Notifications

Spacethunder

(edited)

Wouldn't it be a good idea to improve the notification-system with the Google notification-function for those who use Chrome? I think it's more useful if you can see what's going on if the browser is closed then switch everytime just to check if there're new messages or notifications.

Here's an example.

And here is how it could look like:

sig-3809164.sig-3809164.sig-3809164.sig-

It would be more convenient for the users and I belive it isn't that hard to do. Simple PHP with variables and the JS code should do it.

Hope that's something that can be added to the forums.

Respectfully

Marcel / Spacethunder

Edited by SwabianBrony
  • Brohoof 7

I remember trying to find something akin to this as a chrome app, but to no success. I think it would be a great idea to have notifications popup.
Lavo get on it.

• Brohoof 4

I support this idea. As a regular user of Chrome and MLP Forums, I always am checking new messages all the time. It can be also super useful to those who are, say, following topics or sending a PM. If an idea like this has been accepted, I'd be pretty happy, as well as other users here.

I also think that we should have a Firefox version as well so that it makes things a little easier for some MLP Forums users. :3

• Brohoof 2

I support this idea. As a regular user of Chrome and MLP Forums, I always am checking new messages all the time. It can be also super useful to those who are, say, following topics or sending a PM. If an idea like this has been accepted, I'd be pretty happy, as well as other users here.

I also think that we should have a Firefox version as well so that it makes things a little easier for some MLP Forums users. :3

I looked up this morning and found out that there are also the other modern browsers support these notifications (only IE not, but that was predictiable :D)

It'd be escpecially useful for those who chat with some users and do some things in Photoshop or other apllications and always have to open the browser only to check if there is a new message.

• Brohoof 2