Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Banned Game

Twilight Sparkle ✨

13 hours ago, The_Gobo said:

Banned for serving under General Zod :3

Banned for misnaming General Zoi

12 hours ago, Longhaul said:

Banned because I haven't been here for a while and I need to practice.

Banned so you can practice being banned...

31 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Banned for contradicting yourself! :umad:

Banned because no she didn't :)

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Banned because viruses are an aspect of biology, therefore biological! :umad:

Banned because they can be crystalized - they are basically just RNA with a bad attitude :)

• Brohoof 2

Banned because they still pose a threat to my body! :umad:

Spoiler

Pardon my ignorance with Biology, by the way; I didn't pay much attention to that class! :adorkable:

Edited by Recherche
  • Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Banned because they still pose a threat to my body! :umad:

Banned because so would a bullet - that doesn't make it biological :)

Hide contents

Pardon my ignorance with Biology, by the way; I didn't pay much attention to that class! :adorkable:

Spoiler

That's assuming my knowledge is any greater than thine :D

Edited by CoffeeHoof
  • Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Recherche said:

Banned because bullets aren't alive! :umad:

Banned for not recognising that is my point :)

1 minute ago, Recherche said:
  Hide contents

Eh, I honestly sucked at every science class I took; Biology was no exception! :please:

Spoiler

I was always pretty good at it - I didn't want to go into biology as a career path, which really disappointed my tutors. But the history around (filterable) viruses, the RNA/DNA mirror relationship (via transcriptase and reverse-transcriptase) and how bits of viral genome ended up in human DNA all fascinates me :)

• Brohoof 2

Banned because my point is that viruses are alive, therefore biological; bullets are not alive, therefore not biological! :umad:

Spoiler

I honestly don't know why I never liked science at all. I guess I just don't like how many damn words, acronyms, and phrases you need to memorize. :dry: It's good to know that you did well with it, at least. :)

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Banned because my point is that viruses are alive, therefore biological; bullets are not alive, therefore not biological! :umad:

Banned because that is circular reasoning; there is a point where a bunch of chemicals becomes a living thing, and viruses are on the wrong side of that line (literally, given they can't do anything unless they are inside someone else's cell, and are largely just a template for making more viruses using the cell as a factory)

8 minutes ago, Recherche said:
  Hide contents

I honestly don't know why I never liked science at all. I guess I just don't like how many damn words, acronyms, and phrases you need to memorize. :dry: It's good to know that you did well with it, at least. :)

Spoiler

Not sure I ever liked THAT side of science - it is more that the universe is one big, complicated machine and I wondered what made it tick :)

• Brohoof 2

Banned because I just read that viruses aren't technically alive... so screw most of what I said! :umad:

I mean, it's still debated whether or not viruses are alive, due to it being hard to define what's alive, but whatever.

Spoiler

I agree with the general idea, but like I said, there's just so many different words and their definitions to learn. :dry: I've always just liked math; as odd as it may sound, it's much easier to understand for me. :ooh:

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Banned because I just read that viruses aren't technically alive... so screw most of what I said! :umad:

I mean, it's still debated whether or not viruses are alive, due to it being hard to define what's alive, but whatever.

Hide contents

I agree with the general idea, but like I said, there's just so many different words and their definitions to learn. :dry: I've always just liked math; as odd as it may sound, it's much easier to understand for me. :ooh:

Banned for thinking parasites are alive!

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Recherche said:

Sure, although that doesn't mean they aren't biological - just they aren't usually considered alive. :)

Fair few toxins (for example) are considered biological, but are literally just a single molecule and aren't alive in any sense.

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

And yet, pretty much all of Science IS just applied mathematics, and the rarified bits of mathematics are REALLY littered with weird terms and symbols :)

2 minutes ago, Sherbert Music-Guard said:

Banned for thinking parasites are alive!

Banned because most parasites are alive - just not viruses :)

• Brohoof 1

Just now, CoffeeHoof said:

Sure, although that doesn't mean they aren't biological - just they aren't usually considered alive. :)

Fair few toxins (for example) are considered biological, but are literally just a single molecule and aren't alive in any sense.

Reveal hidden contents

And yet, pretty much all of Science IS just applied mathematics, and the rarified bits of mathematics are REALLY littered with weird terms and symbols :)

Banned because most parasites are alive - just not viruses :)

Banned because next you'll be saying the earth is a sphere! (conspirisist)

• Brohoof 1