Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Unable To Change Signature? [WORKAROUND INSIDE]

Venomous

I am unable to change my signature.

Whenver I try to, I get a message saying: Unable to read signature dimensions

This doesn't make sense because I made sure that the dimensions were 600x200 and I followed to proper steps uploading it to imgur.com

Note: I have tried 3 different images

• Brohoof 5

I've seen this as well. The site's been having a lot of trouble in the past few days and I am wondering if it's had some damage to the site itself.

• Brohoof 2

Hm. Noticing a lot of 504's on your signatures. I'm going to do some digging around. 

Hi Jeric~! Have you found anything yet? I've been trying to change my sig for a bit now so I'm curious. (:

• Brohoof 1

I duplicated the issue, and there isn't a configuration problem. I skipped the support ticket process and entered this in our development pipeline for dev investigation and correction. I'll keep you all updated here.

• Brohoof 2

got the same problem i tried uploading at imgur and photobucket always getting  Unable to read signature dimensions

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I also just started experiencing this problem. Never had an issue before, now every time I try to put in an image (which is under the limit) I get the "Unable to retrieve signature image dimensions, please try another image" message.

Edited by LZRD WZRD
  • Brohoof 1

Right now this is still effecting all members. Don't worry we are still working on nailing this down

• Brohoof 8

@PonyLaces@LZRD WZRD@Alto@Gone Airbourne@Overdrive

OK, we still have not fixed this. In the interim I will be more than happy to upload ANY signatures manually to your profiles. Please PM me with the image and I will get it on for you. If you have placement instructions let me know in the PM. 

This goes for any member who cannot upload a signature. Feel free to PM me and I'll handle it for you until we get this fixed. I am marking this as best answer so people can at least see this visibly. IT IS NOT BEST ANSWER. ;)

• Brohoof 10

Jeric is best answer always. *cheers* Have a cup o' coffee ^-^

• Brohoof 1

I've been trying to use some new signatures and my current one isn't loading so I'm trying to fix it on mobile but this keeps happening and I don't know what it means nor what I'm supposed to do.

post-32807-0-09577800-1433638062_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 1

This is an already known issue that has been happening during the recent days. Sadly, we still are hanging until the Tech Administrators fix it, but one of the Administrators, Jeric, gave an alternate solution meanwhile:

OK, we still have not fixed this. In the interim I will be more than happy to upload ANY signatures manually to your profiles. Please PM me with the image and I will get it on for you. If you have placement instructions let me know in the PM.

This goes for any member who cannot upload a signature. Feel free to PM me and I'll handle it for you until we get this fixed.

• Brohoof 1

, I merged your topic to the existing one that I am following. PM me with your signature and I'll manually upload it. This issue is being worked on by Tech Ponies. :)

• Brohoof 1

I am trying to put an image into my signature and keep getting an error message. The image is 99.1kb in size and 500x400px, well within the image limit.

Here is the image;

mr4tmu.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the error message;

10y2gj4.jpg

• Brohoof 1

Two things about the signature:

-First of all, the maximun Signature Size on MLPForums is 600x100 for non-donors, and 600x200 for donors,staff,etc...

-Second of all, there is a glitch that doesn't let you put a picture on the signature, no matter its size.

This is an already known issue, and our tech admins are on the process of fixing it. Head to this topic for more information and the access to a temporary solution to this problem.

• Brohoof 1

I am trying to put an image into my signature and keep getting an error message. The image is 99.1kb in size and 500x400px, well within the image limit.

Here is the image;

sig-3826843.mr4tmu.jpg

Here is a screenshot of the error message;

sig-3826843.10y2gj4.jpg

Your signature is not within the size limits, your size limit is 600 width by 100 height.

• Brohoof 1

This has been resolved; it looks like some of the measures we placed to combat the DDOS attacks also worked against several pieces of our infrastructure. They have been modified accordingly. Unpinned.

• Brohoof 2