Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

ooc The Equestrian -Fighting is Magic- Grand Prix (OOC) (1 Slot Open Kinda)

Star Saber

(edited)

Roleplay Thread: -Link-

Introduction

You pick up the strange looking flyer off the ground; at first glance it looks unassuming; the words “The Equestrian FiM Grand Prix” are written on the top of the page and what appears to be a photograph of some kind of arena is in the center. For a moment you find it odd that there isn’t any details on the flyer; was this some kind of sporting event? Where was it taking place? What even is it? As if to answer your questions a voice suddenly speaks up; from the paper itself and photograph on the page begins to move; almost as if watching the scene through a window. It startles you for a moment but you continue to watch the flyer.

“Fillies, Gentlecolts and all other manners of beast!” The voice; to those who reconquered it it’s owner was obvious; Discord the self styled spirit of chaos. The picture shifts to show Discord himself; dressed like an announcer. “This is a call to all the strong and the brave! Those with fighting spirit! Come test your might at Equestria’s first ever fighting tournament! The Equestrian -Fighting is Magic- Grand Prix!”

The picture once again shifts now to a scene of silhouetted ponies entering combat with one another; showcasing “Will you fight for glory? For honor? For pride? Or perhaps for the grand prize; a single request that will be filled by the Princesses of Equestria! Some restrictions may apply...”

“So come one come all; to this once in a lifetime event!” On the picture; an impressive display of fireworks complete with sound. Suddenly details literally pop-up on the page. The tournament was to be held in Ponyville in an arena set up by Discord himself.

Rules

1) Sign-Ups for the tournament will end on … however if you miss the opportunity to sign up there will still be exhibition matches between tournament rounds for lesser prizes; so even if you don’t get into the tournament you can still participate in some form! If you want to participate in the roleplay as a spectator that is also perfectly fine.

2) The tournament is double elimination; meaning if you get knocked out in the first round you still have a chance to make a comeback!

3) Each match consists of a five minute fight and each post should constitute approximately 10 seconds of time. Giving you and your opponent 30 posts each to do battle with each other. If a winner has not been determined within these 30 posts the victor will be chosen via judge’s decision (IE. Myself) based on who I believed to be the better fighter in the match. This is to keep the matches from dragging on forever.

5) If you leave or are knocked out of the ring you will lose the match.

6) Killing your opponent will net you an immediate disqualification and possible incarceration; however magical safeguards are in place to teleport your opponent out of the ring if they would be dealt a lethal blow. Therefore the only way for you to be able to kill off your opponent is if you are trying to specifically circumvent the arena’s safety spells.

7) Magical healing will be provided by some of Equestria’s best healers between matches to ensure that you are  ready for your next match.

8) No god modding or power gaming; your character shouldn’t be crazy OP and you should certainly not control the actions of other player’s characters. If you’re looking for a reference for power, your character should be about equal in fighting potential as the characters found in the Fighting is Magic fan game.

9) Even though this is a tournament roleplay there is a plot with plenty of intrigue to explore.

Fighters
01) "The Cynical Chain Smoker" - Gloomfury (Played by Gloomfury)
02) "The Deadly Dynamic Duo" - Garra & Mot (Played by EmiliaBoneca)
03) "Razor-Edge Vagabond" - Green Edge (Played by Mars Orbit)
04) "The Bandage Bound Enigma" - Verse (Played by Swift Wind)
05) "The Warrior of the Rising Sun" - Samurai Equine (Played by Samurai Equine)
06) "The Possessed Night Warrior" - Tempest (Played by Drago Ryder)
07) "The Wanderer From The West" - Calibur (Played by PeytonJay)
08) "The Wailing Wind" - Snowstorm (Played by Literally Snails)

Staff
Tournament Host - Discord (Played by Star Saber)
Tournament Executive - Big Shot (Played by Literally Snails)
Announcer - Topaz (Played by Literally Snails)

Details End

So this is my first roleplay on MLP Forums and my first Tournament Roleplay so I hope it goes well. For those who notice the similarities, yes I did get some inspiration from Persona 4 Arena for the idea.
Edited by Star Saber

"WE WANT JOIN" err i mean, my oc is Garra/Mot, its Two but they fight as one, can they join? i dont know why the photo uploader always fails (i mean it works for less than 24 hours) but if you want a picture of them both you can pm me or check in my profile i have one.

(edited)

@@Mars Orbit, Well I hope Green isn't TOO strong; one-sided fights are always so boring. The fact that you call him your OP OC makes me a bit worried.

@@Swift Wind,  I...I feel like I missed part of a conversation here.

Edited by Star Saber

@@Mars Orbit, Well I hope Green isn't TOO strong; one-sided fights are always so boring. The fact that you call him your OP OC makes me a bit worried.

I also hope he isn't too strong for this RP.

I said he is my OP OC because at one point he was, so I changed him a little bit and never ended up changing my signature.

@@Samurai Equine, Done and Done! (Don't know why I done'd twice maybe because it sounds better)

5 people so far, if we don't get 8 by the cut off I might fill the rest of the slots with NPCs, not to say we can't have more than 8 participants, 8 was just sort of the minimum number I came up with.

I've decided that I'm going to extend the deadline until next friday or until we have 8 competitors whichever comes sooner. Unfortunately there doesn't seem to be much in the way of interest so it might just be you 5 and some npcs in the tournament.

This sounds like a lighter version of the 16 pony Dark tournament RPs I've hosted. 

I'm not 100% sure if I want to fight, but I do have a referee character and several other ocs that can act as staff if you're interested. It will keep things more lively between the fights.

This sounds like a lighter version of the 16 pony Dark tournament RPs I've hosted. 

I'm not 100% sure if I want to fight, but I do have a referee character and several other ocs that can act as staff if you're interested. It will keep things more lively between the fights.

Hey Snails!  :) Too bad you won't be one of the contestants, but I hope you get the role you're asking for. I had fun RPing with you before.

(edited)

@@Literally Snails, You can totally join as staff members, I'm cool with that.

@@Drago Ryder, Excellent, another pony joins the fray

You missed your deadline.  :yay:

Since there's only two slots left, and you mentioned something about NPCs filling up the last few spots, maybe we could go ahead and get started?

As a suggestion, if it fits into your story, the NPCs could also be placeholder agents. While we're RPing, more people might see the RP and will want to join. They can replace the NPC's while others are having a match. If not, then the NPCs can still take the place of an actual participant. It's not like you need to reveal their identity at the start of the RP; at least I don't think you do. But it's your story, and I could be wrong, and this is just a suggestion after all.  :)

Edited by Samurai Equine