Did you like it?  

489 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This is probably one of the most entertaining episodes in the show, regardless of how the writing quality is. 

As for the actual quality of the episode, it impressed me quite a lot. It could get away with throwing in all of this "fan-pandering" and make it all into something that works. How? The entire episode was a mix of 2 things: a parody of fan pandering, and a thank you to long time MLP: FiM fans. 

I say parody because the entire episode is utter nonsense, and yet still worked as a standalone episode/story. It doesn't take itself seriously, and it was never supposed to. Are you honestly trying to tell me that an episode where 2 background characters are riding in ponyville playing dubstep/cello and (literally) jumping over a shark and later grabbing everyone in ponyville and tripping over a Twilicane all just to get to a wedding is supposed to be serious? No, it's simply a parody of fan-pandering. It's telling us "this is how ridiculous the show would be if we pandered to bronies". 

And, I think it's obvious this is a love letter to MLP: FiM fans. There's plenty of stuff in the episode that one will only catch if they had watched the entire show up to this point, plus you can watch this and enjoy it without catching all of the references. 

So at the end of the day, does it work as an episode? Yes. The plot (while comprised of nonsense) is good enough for an average viewer to follow and be entertained, and at the same time one can enjoy this as just plain old dumb fun.

I give this a 9.7/10; A+

One of the most fun and entertaining episodes of the show.

So at the end of the day, does it work as an episode? Yes. The plot (while comprised of nonsense) is good enough for an average viewer to follow and be entertained, and at the same time one can enjoy this as just plain old dumb fun.

I give this a 9.7/10; A+

One of the most fun and entertaining episodes of the show.

Awww yeah! I agree that even casual viewers would find it amusing and I most certainly have to add in that experienced bronies will be the ones getting the most out of it. I say this because I don't think a new or casual fan would get all of it. However, I've been really into the show for years now and literally every single scene was an explosion of awesome.

I like how this episode was a shout out to the fans and those who enjoy seeing the background ponies. Personally, I loved the Vinyl and Octavia scene.

"STOP! I'm going to be late for the wedding!"

*Bass cannon speaker-mobile bursts out of door*

Seems reasonable.

I like how this episode was a shout out to the fans and those who enjoy seeing the background ponies. Personally, I loved the Vinyl and Octavia scene.

"STOP! I'm going to be late for the wedding!"

*Bass cannon speaker-mobile bursts out of door*

Seems reasonable.

For all of you who are talking about the way Shining Armor cried in this episode, check this out:

post-12643-0-69215400-1438013979_thumb.jpg

Made it myself. Plus, for those of you wondering, the words in this picture are based off a part from the 1942 Bugs Bunny cartoon "The Wacky Wabbit" in which Bugs Bunny attempts to thwart Elmer Fudd's efforts to prospect gold. At one point, when Elmer attempts to strike Bugs with his (Elmer's) pickax (which gets stuck in the wall), Bugs snips Elmer's clothes revealing a girdle underneath, at which point Elmer addresses the audience and goes "Don't waugh! I'll bet pwenty of you men wear one of these!" Pretty clever, huh?  ;)

Y'all can catch the cartoon for yourselves here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Dl47PIP6h4

Elmer's aforementioned line happens around the 5:31 mark.

Oh, yeah, and ain't I a stinker?  ;)

I was away when Slice of Life aired. The bad part is that my dvr didn't record it and Letupita725HD and MyLittleBronieDE didn't upload it, so I had to watch it on youtube in a low wifi zone! Other than that, I loved the episode!  :lol:

I know I might step on some hooves, but I am in love with this episode.  I was so blown away by all of it.  I saw it as a love letter to the fans and outright validation of Bronies and all of the love and creativity they have put into the fandom.  Octavia became my third favorite pony from this one episode, which took me completely by surprise.  I just loved her in this though.  I understand the mixed feelings about this episode, but I thought that it was amazing.  Oh and side note, I like to think Shining Armor was crying because he was traumatized by the events of his own wedding :P, just because it's more fun that way.

Edited by Luna_tic

My first reaction to this episode was "Okay, someone at the studio just went 'Let's get all the fan service out of our systems'."  I think they threw just about every fan trope they could into a blender, along with lots of pop-culture references, and then threw it all at a wall to see what stuck.

And somehow, they turned it into a brilliant and hilarious episode.

Thank you, DHX/Studio B for making me laugh.  And please, don't ever do that again. :)

Overall, I thought this episode was really enjoyable! The comedy, the references, and especially the message at the end that felt more like a "thank you" to the fans and everyone who watches and enjoys MLP than an Aesop/moral. It was a nice change of pace to give the background ponies the spotlight and put the main characters in the back for once. The 100th episode was a crazy one but it's definitely one of my favorites. Here's to the next 100 episodes! {raises glass of chocolaterain milk}

• Brohoof 1

Not sure if I like so many BG characters getting their first lines in one episode but I guess the 100th is the best occasion to do it. The octascratch mashup was pretty sick though. I wonder when vinyl's gonna get her first speaking role, hopefully they use her fan made voice or something similar. Overall I'll say the episode from my perspective is about 6/10, mainly because it seemed like they just tried to cram in as many background characters as they could, I can see why they did it but I feel like it could of been deployed much better. I also wasn't to bought on the Bon Bon secret agent lore either but thats just my opinion. However I'm mostly happy with how the voices of the BG ponies sounded, though I wasn't a huge fan of derpy's new voice. Maybe I'll grow to like it who knows. Welp thats my ramble finished. As you were :P

There is SO much to say about this fan serve of an episode, so I'm gonna break it up into little pieces

0. Derpy. PRRRRRRRROOOOOOO

1. Derpy is so suddenly talking again after 3 seasons of silence. Just for fan service. pro/con

2. Derpy has a brooklyn accent. con

3. They got Doctor Whooves almost right on the money without going into his canon character too much. pro

4.They still kept it safe with keeping Vinyl silent. If it wasn't Nowacking voicing Vinyl, there would be chaos. they did that in RR too. pro

5. The premise of Cranky & Matilda getting married wasn't too interesting, but the background characters made it up. pro/con

6. Oh. I almost forgot.The theme still sucks. con,duh.

7.Doctor Whooves. pro

8.Vinyl. pro

9.Random Cow. ? con

10. The Big Lebowski Bros. are back. ?!? :dash:pro 

11.Random Thunderlane in a bowling alley. haha  >_>  c

12.Octavia's amazing British accent. :wub: propropropropro

13. Oh, and Octavia.

14. Random Button Mash. Conveniently placed next to SweetieBelle. Pro

15. Twist is alive. Wow. pro

16. Applebloom's logic is the summary of the whole show. pro

17. SweetieBelle is self-aware of the half hour block the show has. pro

18. A BugBear. ...

19. There is a GIANT FLYING BEAR attacking Ponyville, but of course Matilda's wedding is more important. con

20. That Pink Twilight Diamond Girl. Everyone's fav. pro (con)

21. Actually, I feel pity for her, Twi ruined her title and career and reputation.

22.The Flower Mares are back. con

23.They need Rarity's Drama couch

24. BonBon And Lyra. pro, not bad Larson

25.There's some sexual tension in BonBon and Lyra characters. ...

26. Special Agent SweetieDrops. pro

27. They used BonBon's fan name and Hasbro name. pro, not bad Larson.

28.Ponies Of Shield. pro

29. BonBon and Daring Do works for two parts of an agency against Celestia's Government. pro

30. Lyra references sitting on benches. What a trademark. pro

31.  Cranky is bitterly cheap. con

32. The Doctor makes a Flinstones reference. ...pro.

33. Flameless Fireworks. Only Whooves. pro

34. The Doctor Makes a reference to Tumblr.

35. Rainbow Dash's attempt to attack the BugBear. con, c'mon Dashie.

36. The spa mare has the voice of every asian dude's impression of his mom.

37. Random Steven Magnet. Wow. Just Wow. It's been 5 years. pro

38. Vinyl And Octavia as roommates. Never seen that before. pro

39. Vinyl and Octi was going a bit super saiyan there. pro

40. When everything is canon, nothing is. con

41. TOO MANY REFENENCES! con

42. The Epic return of the Twiseptor. pro/con

43. GUMMY. MONOLOGING. was Larson on weed?!. PRO/CON

44. Celestia and Luna. pro

45.Shining Armor's chances tonight. 0%. pro

46.Lyra.......

47.Expense Imported Oats. con.

48.THE ACTUALLY WEDDING. conconconconcon.

LARRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

There is SO much to say about this fan serve of an episode, so I'm gonna break it up into little pieces

0. Derpy. PRRRRRRRROOOOOOO

1. Derpy is so suddenly talking again after 3 seasons of silence. Just for fan service. pro/con

2. Derpy has a brooklyn accent. con

3. They got Doctor Whooves almost right on the money without going into his canon character too much. pro

4.They still kept it safe with keeping Vinyl silent. If it wasn't Nowacking voicing Vinyl, there would be chaos. they did that in RR too. pro

5. The premise of Cranky & Matilda getting married wasn't too interesting, but the background characters made it up. pro/con

6. Oh. I almost forgot.The theme still sucks. con,duh.

7.Doctor Whooves. pro

8.Vinyl. pro

9.Random Cow. ? con

10. The Big Lebowski Bros. are back. ?!? :dash:pro 

11.Random Thunderlane in a bowling alley. haha  >_>  c

12.Octavia's amazing British accent. :wub: propropropropro

13. Oh, and Octavia.

14. Random Button Mash. Conveniently placed next to SweetieBelle. Pro

15. Twist is alive. Wow. pro

16. Applebloom's logic is the summary of the whole show. pro

17. SweetieBelle is self-aware of the half hour block the show has. pro

18. A BugBear. ...

19. There is a GIANT FLYING BEAR attacking Ponyville, but of course Matilda's wedding is more important. con

20. That Pink Twilight Diamond Girl. Everyone's fav. pro (con)

21. Actually, I feel pity for her, Twi ruined her title and career and reputation.

22.The Flower Mares are back. con

23.They need Rarity's Drama couch

24. BonBon And Lyra. pro, not bad Larson

25.There's some sexual tension in BonBon and Lyra characters. ...

26. Special Agent SweetieDrops. pro

27. They used BonBon's fan name and Hasbro name. pro, not bad Larson.

28.Ponies Of Shield. pro

29. BonBon and Daring Do works for two parts of an agency against Celestia's Government. pro

30. Lyra references sitting on benches. What a trademark. pro

31.  Cranky is bitterly cheap. con

32. The Doctor makes a Flinstones reference. ...pro.

33. Flameless Fireworks. Only Whooves. pro

34. The Doctor Makes a reference to Tumblr.

35. Rainbow Dash's attempt to attack the BugBear. con, c'mon Dashie.

36. The spa mare has the voice of every asian dude's impression of his mom.

37. Random Steven Magnet. Wow. Just Wow. It's been 5 years. pro

38. Vinyl And Octavia as roommates. Never seen that before. pro

39. Vinyl and Octi was going a bit super saiyan there. pro

40. When everything is canon, nothing is. con

41. TOO MANY REFENENCES! con

42. The Epic return of the Twiseptor. pro/con

43. GUMMY. MONOLOGING. was Larson on weed?!. PRO/CON

44. Celestia and Luna. pro

45.Shining Armor's chances tonight. 0%. pro

46.Lyra.......

47.Expense Imported Oats. con.

48.THE ACTUALLY WEDDING. conconconconcon.

LARRRRRRRRRSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!

- Rainboom -_-  That was awesome..

This episode made me so happy.  The many winks, nods, and references have already been commented upon, and some people think there were too many, but I loved all of it.  For me, the absolute best moment was one that I never even knew I wanted to see.  Gummy's existential crisis is one of my favorite scenes in the series so far, and something about the way it plays out, with slow-motion ponies tumbling through the air, visible in the reflection of his glassy eye...  It was just, I don't know... amazing?  Whatever it was I thoroughly enjoyed it, and I liked pretty much everything else that happened too.  I loved seeing the Doctor in a major role, I loved finding out than Bon Bon is a secret agent (which explains all of her different voices) and I love the Steven Magnet cameo, and so on, and so on, etc...

I just caught up and watched this last night.  My heart melted.  I probably pooped myself before it was over.

If you don't like this episode can you really call yourself a fan?

I think it was the POINT to include as many references as possible.  This episode was obviously supposed to be one huge wink/nod to the brony community.  If you can't appreciate that, GET OUT (jk)

.. but in all seriousness, this COULD. NOT. HAVE been executed more perfectly.  It has just about every reference they could cram into one episode, and still managed to make it appeal to the not-so-hardcore fans (oh and kids too).

I probably freaked the neighbors out at the gummy scene from squeal-laughing so hard.

probably pee'd my pants at the big lebowski ponies.

Bravo, writers, bravo.  Restored all my faith in this fandom.

I know this topic is serval month old but I LOVE this episode! It's the pinnacle of brony-fandom right in the heart of the show. Served as a reminder of how-far-and-weird we all get together.

Ahahaha!! This has to be one of my fave episodes ever!! The fact they include so much from the fandom and how it's like a massive thank you to the whole community xx But the Gummy part... WOW!! I legit died laughing XD   :squee:  And does anyone know who does the voice of Steven Magnet because I swear he's the Candy King from Wreck It Ralph  :derp:

Well, couldn't Twilight just have teleported her and her friends into the wedding?

They could have, but you know how rude it is to interrupt a wedding. So, basically, they were mature about it by watching the whole thing through the window. I even more or less established that in this video that I made myself:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_M6rOb--2Q

• Brohoof 1

This is one of my favorite episodes ever! The moment Derpy appeared (mailmare = canon! Love of muffins = emphasized! Etc), I started fangirling/ spazzing out so hard, that I nearly knocked things over in our living room. I made myself sit on the floor for the rest of the show.

Also, I'm 32. I'm married, have an undergraduate degree, and a full time job. So... just to let you know, the level of fangirl this brought out from the depth of my heart was EPIC!

They showed Derpy to be just as I imagined: silly, sweet, clumsy but well-meaning, eager to help, fun-loving, easily amused, upbeat, and....muffins!

It wasn't just the wonderful characterization of my personal favorite background pony. I loved the voice acting and her interaction with Dr. Whooves (awesome job with all aspects of his character, too)!

Another stand out scene for me was the DJ Pon-3 and Octavia jam session. Wubs are now canon! LOL @ Vinyl spinning upside down on the turntable. Really, though, it rocked.

I'm super pleased with the attention given to all the backgroud ponies. Even JELLY PONY was shown some love!!!

The references, the inside jokes, the breaking of the 4th wall ("it'll be solved in a half hour or so....")......Sounds like a silly mess, right? Nope! In these writers' capable hands, they weaved an interesting story about getting ready for a wedding while the mane 6 are glimpsed in the background.

Yes, it felt different from a "normal" episode. But, it was a love letter to the fans. One thing I LOVE about this show is how the creators incorporate fans'ideas in the show itself. What other show does that?!

The message of this episode was that everyone involved in the creation of a story (including the fans) is important and appreciated. I can do nothing but respect, love, and appreciate that! :)

P.S. Derpy is best pony!

Edited by ElegantNerd
  • Brohoof 1

Fan service, fan service everywhere. From Derpy's ditzy personality, the Doc's British accent and his knowledge of physics, to Octavia's British accent and Lyra crossing her front hooves like a human, I think this is a pretty obvious shout out to the fans and a good way to celebrate 100th episode, because few shows can make it to this long, especially for a cartoon. 

But I am very disappointed that DJ-Pon3 does not have any speaking roles. M.A. Larson stated that she is a pony that will express her feelings through music ([ironic] Thanks M.A. Larson![/ironic]), but I think the real reason is they can't find somebody who have a similar voice range with Nowhacking, who voices DJ-Pon3 in fanimations (fan animations).

But still, watching this episode is still a blast, thanks M.A. Larson! (This time I mean it)  

• Brohoof 1

ACRacebest said it the best.

They had a choice here. 
They could either put just a couple of references in here, or they could
make the fandom go nuts with a fanservice firework.

Kudos to them for going all out with this, it's still enjoyable to watch. 

• Brohoof 4

I didn't care much for the episode, but I can understand why people did. I've just never been that into the background ponies to be honest. :huh:

I did really enjoy Celestia and Luna arguing about the wedding present though.

Well, I don't know about you, but it really breaks my heart to see Celestia and Luna arguing in this episode, which is why I'm glad they were able to reconcile later on:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NglreuFFd88