Did you like it?  

489 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Somehow I get the feeling that after seeing this episode, some of these background ponies are worthy of more lines in the show, possible spinoffs, or more interaction with the Mane 6.

I can imagine scenes involving Pinkie Pie and Bon Bon, as well as Twilight Sparkle and Dr. Hooves. Maybe Dr. Hooves can take the Mane 6 Time Traveling.

I feel there should also be a Derpy episode, one that deals with her trying to overcome her lack of intellect.

I also could imagine an Odd Couple like episode involving Vinyl and Octavia.

Great episode.

Realized another reason why I didn't like this episode. It did everything that bronies (not me) wanted. It fulfilled everything they hoped to see. So after that they have nothing else to look forward to which means they won't be as devout as they used to been. 

You know why the authors of Final Fight and Street Fighter still never come out clean to Poison's sexual identity? Because they know it will continue to keep the fandom strong and in question of it, making them keep the series as a whole alive. With Slice of Life there is no magic in it anymore.

Controversy is a very strong motivator in a fandom.

Edited by cider float

• 2 weeks later...

post-12643-0-90574500-1454731353_thumb.png

I know a lot of bronies find the scenes with Celestia and Luna arguing humorous, but if you ask me, the grimly guilt-ridden looks on their faces here before they make up kinda nullify any comedic value they may have had, which to me is quite a rare feat to pull. Just saying, is all.

P.S. This is a screenshot I made myself which got ultimately rejected by MLP Wiki.

Edited by BlueEyedPegasus

• 4 weeks later...

This was a true fandom episode and I really liked the moments with Lyra and how she's presented here after the many times shown in different art with Bon-Bon

• Brohoof 1

Some writers just want to see the fandom burn.

Some writers just want to see the fandom burn.

How? I would like to know I am pretty sure they love the fandom.

By far one of the best episodes Ever :lol:  :lol:  :love:  :love:  :ph34r:  B)

I can agree with you I liked the part were they actually jumped the shark

• 2 weeks later...

I loved the episode. It felt fresh and like something that was needed. A little "from us to you" to make us (the fans) happy.  :)

And speaking of which, here's my own "from us to you" to give the people at Hasbro Studios and DHX thanks for making this episode as a love letter to us:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1U8wHGiWUA

Of course, I also made this video in memory of a friend of mine who passed away last year.  :(

WARNING: The song I chose for this video is VERY heavily sentimentalized, so expect to experience plenty of feels.

Edited by BlueEyedPegasus

• 1 month later...

This episode is probably my favourite of the entire series! The part where Octavia and Vinyl where jamming out then burst out of their house with the epic cello dubstep, followed by Gummy's contemplation of life, it literally had me in tears from excitement and laughter. XDDDD

This is what I'm talking about :3

• Brohoof 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I died of happiness. So many references. Granted, I didn't know too much about the fandom at the time (I had been bingeing on all the episodes when I joined the herd in August 2015), so Derpy talking wasn't a particularly big deal.

DOCTOR WHOVES THE DOCTOR WAS IN IT THE SCARF AND THE THE THE AMAZING OMFG I'M DIEING

i loved that episode so so SOOOO much! I'm completely Doctor Who obsessed and i was fangirling so hard at this episode!

Not to mention, special agent bon bon? the flashes of people in horse masks? the general insanity and chaos of the episode? Bravo. Loved it all.

:yay:  :pinkie:  :squee:  :lol:

• 3 months later...

I died of happiness. So many references. Granted, I didn't know too much about the fandom at the time (I had been bingeing on all the episodes when I joined the herd in August 2015), so Derpy talking wasn't a particularly big deal.

Likewise, I binge-watched the entire show in august/september 2015 and didn't read into any of the meme's, fanfictions or other stuff at the time. Thought it was a funny episode, until a little later I started watching ACRaceBest's Bronies React video's. That threw me into the rabbit-hole that is this fandom which in turn made me realise how important this episode was to the fandom and what it *actually* was all about. I love looking up react-video's to this episode to see how this impacted bronies all around the globe, now knowing what all the references and memes were about, and how nearly every reactor completely shuts up during Gummy's monologue. :love:

Edited by Bubs
  • Brohoof 1