489 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

(edited)

I am speechless with this episode, it was awesome, so many references. Dr Wooves was awesome, Derpy talking was awesome

I rate this 11/10, for being 20% cooler

tumblr_lmt3qdRJXT1qafrh6.jpg

Edited by CosmicSpark
  • Brohoof 3

But Derpy being clumsy didn't come from the fandom. That was canon as early as episode 15 and perhaps even earlier.

Doctor Whooves is of course talking about that because he is a character reference to...you know who. He was made by the staff, not the fandom. As for Lyra x Bon Bon, sure, but I still don't see how that's cringeworthy. Would you rather them not know each other and disregard all the times they were seen together in the background?

It's not that they referenced the memes, it's that they made an episode that's nothing but meme references. Nods to the fandom are cool when it's done subtly, but putting these characters in the foreground makes it obvious that they're trying too hard.

I am speechless with this episode, it was awesome, so many references. Dr Wooves was awesome, Derpy talking was awesome

I rate this 11/10, for being 20% cooler

you prolly noticed that they still didn't mention her name tho

• Brohoof 1

So lets see what we accomplished

Derpy x Dr.whooves  CANON!

lyra x bonbon CANON!

vinyl x octavia CANON!

Changlings fit in with regular pony society CANON!

Bulk biceps can go a day with a YEAH CANON!

Hasbro cares CANON! *sheds a single tear of joy*

what am i missing.. 

• Brohoof 4

Are all you Celestia haters happy now? ಥ_ಥ You got what you wanted because you love your Precious Luna so much...Now they've made Celestia a jerk...And now my waifu has been ruined...T_T

If anypony needs me I'll be killing myself...(ಥ﹏ಥ)

Also something interesting to mention was that during one of the commercial breaks for the first time ever something groundbreaking happened.  Discovery Family actually gave a crap about advertising the show!

Yes finally after week after week advertising the season premiere the company finally decided to advertise new episodes of the season.

About time if you ask me.

• Brohoof 8

It's not that they referenced the memes, it's that they made an episode that's nothing but meme references. Nods to the fandom are cool when it's done subtly, but putting these characters in the foreground makes it obvious that they're trying too hard.

I have a rule. If you have a criticism for something, then you must have a solution, so tell me. If you were on the staff, what would you have done for this very special milestone episode?  

• Brohoof 3

So this is me showing my ignorance and noobness to this forum but can someone sort of define all of the fan service references? Like I don't really get the lyra/bon bon excitement or the twicane one or the excitement over the name Steven magnet.... 

What are all the things I'm missing?? The pop culture ones I kind of recognize like Dr whooves and big lebowski n such but I'm sure it goes deeper than that? 

So lets see what we accomplished

Derpy x Dr.whooves  CANON!

lyra x bonbon CANON!

vinyl x octavia CANON!

Changlings fit in with regular pony society CANON!

Bulk biceps can go a day with a YEAH CANON!

Hasbro cares CANON! *sheds a single tear of joy*

what am i missing.. 

also, that last frame, could that be considered a 6 way ship?

Wait are you saying it will be a well spring for the fandom or that it's shit? 

I'm saying that instead of burning headcanons, they're cultivating them and making fanworks grow like crazy. Whether they're bad or good is up to the fan.

• Brohoof 4

....the fanfiction.... all the fanfiction 

Are all you Celestia haters happy now? ಥ_ಥ You got what you wanted because you love your Precious Luna so much...Now they've made Celestia a jerk...And now my waifu has been ruined...T_T

I don't see Celestia as a jerk so much as being a childish sunbutt, which is pretty much what I expected and cherish about her, so I don't mind.

• Brohoof 5

(edited)

Discord would've been fun, but this episode was already filled to the brim with characters. I'm ok with his absence.

Actually, I´m, too.

But he should at least have sat in the background, munching wooden scissors or something.

Edited by ~ Dr. Ocsid ~

DISCLAIMER: Just because some stuff that is perceived as fan service that I don't like, it just mean that I don't like the execution of it and it does not reflect my view of the entire caracter

OK, as the episode is over, here are my first thoughts about it.

This episode was just a big chunk of fan service, with both negative and positive points in my opinion.

I really liked Doctor Whooves canon caracter and it was nice to see it developped more.

The Lyra/Bonbon part was not really my cup of tea though, the canon personality of Bonbon AKA "Agent Sweetie Drops" was just kind of outtawhere and acted like a plot device to me.

For obvious reasons I was not that interested in the Scratch/Octavia part, purely because of their musical blend style (I don't like dubstep being blend with other style sorry :/) but the scene ended in a better way with the philosophical Gummy, this little part being my absolute favorite part of the episode.

Another part I liked is derpy and her voice was perfect.

The humour was alright, I chuckled a bit through this new one

Pace-wise, it felted a bit rushed but it was okay at best.

TL;DR Above average episode, nice humour, average pace, but some elements felt badly executed but they were enveloped with good elements

Episode Rating: 8.2/10

Here is the episode list:

1-A tie between Make Friends But Keep Discord and Bloom And Gloom

2-The Lost Treasure Of Griffinstone

3-The Cutie Map

4-Slice Of Life

5-Tanks For The Memories

6-Apploosa Most Wanted

7-Castle Sweet Castle

• Brohoof 1

But Derpy being clumsy didn't come from the fandom. That was canon as early as episode 15 and perhaps even earlier.

Doctor Whooves is of course talking about that because he is a character reference to...you know who. He was made by the staff, not the fandom. As for Lyra x Bon Bon, sure, but I still don't see how that's cringeworthy. Would you rather them not know each other and disregard all the times they were seen together in the background?

Pretty much, a lot of this stuff was referenced before fans started making FiM memes. However, there are a lot of things that the fans did start (mainly the ships, because, apparently, as long as two characters are standing next to each other they're in love...).

I don't see Celestia as a jerk so much as being a childish sunbutt, which is pretty much what I expected and cherish about her, so I don't mind.

I seriously never saw this side of her before though...Now she isn't perfect anymore...