Did you like it?  

489 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

This episode was just awesome! So many things made me laugh! I just died of laugh when Gummy talked xD And we saw a changeling!  :yay:  And Celestia and Luna! Everything was good in this episode!  ^_^

• Brohoof 3

I still don't know what to make of that Gummy scene. Where they a minute or so short and needed something to fill space? I'm just imagining that's what it must be like to be on some serious drugs.

Are all you Celestia haters happy now? ಥ_ಥ You got what you wanted because you love your Precious Luna so much...Now they've made Celestia a jerk...And now my waifu has been ruined...T_T

If anypony needs me I'll be killing myself...(ಥ﹏ಥ)

I love Celestia and I loved that scene. Seeing the two of them bickering like sisters makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, especially that moment at the end during Mayor Mare's speech. 

• Brohoof 4

1-A tie between Make Friends But Keep Discord and Bloom And Gloom

2-The Lost Treasure Of Griffinstone

3-The Cutie Map

4-Slice Of Life

5-Tanks For The Memories

6-Apploosa Most Wanted

7-Castle Sweet Castle

you didn't like sweet castle? I always crack up a bit at the end

disappoint_zps31167589.jpg

but hey, tastes won't be argued X3

It's not that they referenced the memes, it's that they made an episode that's nothing but meme references. Nods to the fandom are cool when it's done subtly, but putting these characters in the foreground makes it obvious that they're trying too hard.

thumb.png

Honestly. 4 years ago, you would've begged the writers for this kind of episode and now that the writers are giving you this episode, you kick it in the dust?

Some Bronies are really ungrateful.

• Brohoof 10

I still don't know what to make of that Gummy scene. Where they a minute or so short and needed something to fill space? I'm just imagining that's what it must be like to be on some serious drugs.

I love Celestia and I loved that scene. Seeing the two of them bickering like sisters makes me feel all warm and fuzzy, especially that moment at the end during Mayor Mare's speech. 

I would've never pictured them being stereotypical in that way though.

... I didn't think of that O.o *gasp*

Also, I didn´t say the headcanons would burn, I said it would set the fandom on fire.

And from these ashes, lots and lots of great and enjoyable (or less so, we sill see) artworks, music, and fanfictions will grow.

thumb.png

Honestly. 4 years ago, you would've begged the writers for this kind of episode and now that the writers are giving you this episode, you kick it in the dust?

Some Bronies are really ungrateful.

I feel the same way

for the 100th episode, they just kicked back and had fun

no harm in that

and hey, I'm all in when it comes to fun X3

• Brohoof 4

This whole fest was absolutely crazy! I was sqeeing and laughing the whole way through.

So many details- a good, believable, not overdone Derpy Hooves; Bugbear (DnD nerd); Doctor Hooves (my Hoovian friend is going to love this);

I think Agent Sweetie Drops was the only one that I found a bit much; Steven Magnet for absolutely no reason, but it was fun; the Octavia-Vinyl interaction

we all wanted to see; random changeling at the end;

There's so much!

• Brohoof 2

I have a rule. If you have a criticism for something, then you must have a solution, so tell me. If you were on the staff, what would you have done for this very special milestone episode?  

I would have made it a normal slice of life episode starring the mane 6, but with some meme references IN THE BACKGROUND.

Isn't it amazing how crazy fandoms are? One hug, one shared moment, and people go "WOAH GUYS, THE SHIP HAS SAILED, THE SHIP HAS FREAKING SAILED! IT'S CANON, IT'S CANON!"

Oh, you silly fanboys/girls.

• Brohoof 4

OK.  I wasn't expecting anything like this.  On the one hand, I had the biggest screaming fangasm I've had in a long time. :D On the other, when is too much fan service too much?  The bear-bee monster had some panda markings...a way of saying "Yeah, we're pandering to you.  Hope you guys like it." 

First thing to do is take a deep breath and remember, this is a series that has prided itself on thinking outside the box.  On the whole, I enjoyed Slice of Life very much.  Several fandom items were touched on including DerpyHooves, Bon Bon/Lyra, Olivia/Vinyl, Button Mash, etc.  It was also strangely fitting to see the Mane 6 reduced to background roles and they even got shut out of the wedding at the end.  And we also saw a nice gesture by Steven Magnet.  That's one way to "pay it forward".  :)   On the other hand, I didn't care for Derpy's voice.  But we all know the reason they couldn't reprise her original way of speaking. 

I see the reactions here are largely positive with a few dissenting opinions.  I personally have no issue with occasional fan service.  This was clearly a one time tip of the cap to an important part of the program's fanbase.  Except for the fact that Matilda and Cranky are now married, nothing that transpired in Slice of Life is likely to be brought up again.  If anybody was unsatisfied with #100, please don't fret.  #101 will be back to business as usual.

But for casual viewers of the MLP:FiM, most of these references would have gone way over their heads.  Were they able to enjoy a story like this or were they left thinking "What the heck did I just watch?"  :huh: 

• Brohoof 5

I'm calling it.

That changeling was Cady and Shining's recently adopted child.

• Brohoof 2

Come on Jeric, I want to rate this episode as "Loved it" already !!!

Added; forgot about that. Sorry. ^^

• Brohoof 2

actually, you might like next week's episode as well

got to see some teasers during the commercial break

I went back to my room after the credits. What's going on?