489 users have voted

1. 1. Did you like it?

• No, I hated it! >:(
    • I didn't like it.
    • Meh. It was okay.
    • I liked it!
    • I LOVED IT! <3

Okay, so I loved this episode.

Now, I will say this: This episode was just pure fan service and that's it. But that's what it was supposed to be.

I know some might not like the episode because of that, but think about it. Without us, the fans, this show would have never even made it to episode 100. This episode was a celebration of all that the fandom has done and the fact that we kept this show alive.

For that, it was absolutely amazing. It was cliche and chaotic in every possible ways but I think it had to be. They have only 22 minutes to work with,

I guess what I am saying is, I hope the fans see it from this angle. This episode served a totally different purpose than any other episode, and that was to appreciate the fans. That is something that I hope the fandom embraces. This whole episode was a pure love letter from the staff of the show to us, the fans. <3 It was also pure, unrestricted fun. :3

Simply put, I loved this episode. I honestly don't see how one could flat out hate this episode, but that's just my opinion. BRONY ON. :D This episode is a perfect reminder to why I love this show and fandom. Even the moral at the end was great. :)

• Brohoof 19

This is certainly one of the most interesting episodes out there. I haven't formed an entire opinion yet, but I do appreciate what it has to offer regardless.

While there are some parts here and there that kind of exist to be fanservice-y, it fortunately enough has a solid story to offer, and many of the jokes are really funny, from Gummy to Lyra referring Sweetie Drops as Bon Bon. I also feel as if M.A. Larson was the perfect writer for an episode like Slice of Life. I heard that Amy Keating Rogers was originally going to write it, and while she does make good stuff, Larson has interacted with the fandom long enough and is familiar with many, many of the memes.

It may not be my favourite episode of Season 5, but it's decent regardless. For now, I'll give it a 7/10.

• Brohoof 3

What an AMAZING episode. Everyone was characterized just as the fandom would have wanted... and more (BON. BON)! They polished the ponies without turning them into something people would've hated as well as having a really fun "everything falls together" plot with a surprisingly touching ending.

So glad I avoided spoilers, every turn was a surprise!

• Brohoof 9

Loved it. A part of me knows it really was just inconsequental fanservice, but the majority of my being is too distracted by the confirmation that Time Turner is in fact the Doctor to care.

And great job finding something interesting for Bon-bon and Lyra to do without resorting to a human obsession.

• Brohoof 4

This is me at the end

thumb.png

LOL This episode was pretty over the top! 

I mean, what... XD

Seriously, I need to cool down for a bit. On one side I think it was beautiful but on the other I'm like "what the heck did I just watch?  :muffins: "

• Brohoof 8

Also this side of Celestia really surprised me...Are the creators trying to make her look bad now because the fans wanted her to be or something? She used to be so perfect...

• Brohoof 1

:D

This episode vastly exceeded my expectations (which were admittedly not set very high).  Was it all just a bunch of fanservice and references?  Certainly, but it was still just so fun to watch!  They did very well with this episode in my opinion.  In fact, it's up there with my overall favorites, if only just because I had a really good time watching it!

• Brohoof 5

YES! YES! Lyra and Bon-Bon confirmed JUST FRIENDS!

Also Y NO VOICE FROM VINYL

The Doctor....10/10

Derpy, amazing.

Octavia, great.

Roseluck....the horror, the horror.

Spa ponies were good.

No "YEAH!" from Bulk Biceps.... would've liked that

Also damn Steven Magnet, they made him worse than his first appearance.

And Gummi......WTF? 10/10

• Brohoof 2

I don't know how to comprehend what I just watched, I was smiling for 20 minutes straight and that is rare for me, it was my favourite episode so far, I hope that the Changeling appearance leads to something. If this seems like a mess it is because I am still trying to gather my thoughts, season 5 has been amazing so far in my opinion and this episode for me is keeping it going. Now I need to figure out how to use my brain properly again.

• Brohoof 4

When was that confirmed?

When they hugged each other affectionately before the wedding and she said he looked like a million-bits.  I mean, some people could interpret that as just being really good friends, but the way she said it and the way they hugged, IDK, seemed like they were together together.

• Brohoof 5

Worst episode? Haha seriously, what was so bad about it? Even if there's fan pandering, what makes that bad?

It felt like the Hasbro executives were going "Hey, look, we know your maymays! See, Derpy is a clumsy delivery pony, isn't that funny! Doctor Whooves is talking about time travel! And Lyra is with Bon Bon!"

I cringed every time they made a reference to a meme. Eventually it got too hard for me to watch so I just walked away.

• Brohoof 1

Worst episode? Haha seriously, what was so bad about it? Even if there's fan pandering, what makes that bad?

I thought the last act really tied everything together in a meaningful way. I enjoy the fanservice and everything, but the themes really become clear during Mayor Mare's speech. I think that made this episode truly something special.

• Brohoof 8

What. An. Episode!

First off, I want to address the criticism that "this is too pandering to the fans" or "They should focus on the main characters, not the background ponies!" I can see where the argument is coming from, but I see this episode is doing two things:

1. Thanking the fans for helping the series make it this far

2. The show making fun of itself.

This episode was basically writers having some fun and you know what? It was awesome! We got so many treats and surprises that made for a great episode! I can't decide which scene was funnier Sweetie Belle commenting on how a friendship problem will be solved in about 30 minutes for Vinyl and Octavia literally jumping a shark.

Looking back, it's hard to believe that we've reached 100 episodes and we're still going and we have to thank both the fans and everyone involved in the show itself for making it happen. It's been quite a journey that I'm proud to have been part of and I look forward to seeing where things will go from here!

P.S. Thanks, M.A. Larson!

• Brohoof 12

(edited)

Well this was a fun episode with quite a bit of surprises.

First we had Doctor Whooves go all out with you know being the doctor and all which was pretty cool despite me not watching Dr. Who.  Plus I actually liked the way he was portrayed in this episode.

The same goes for the other background ponies like Derpy who was adorable and the fun interactions between Lyra and secret agent Bon Bon aka Sweetie Drops which was awesome.

I didn't think we would see the Big Lebowski ponies again so it was interesting to see them again.

Also the bearbug fight scenes were actually pretty cool and entertaining.  The same goes for the Vinyl and Octavia music blend scene which was pretty darn entertaining.

I didn't think Steve Magnet would be a friend to Cranky Doodle so it was interesting to see that as well.

The ending was nice and cute and I enjoyed moments such as Shining Armor always cries at weddings and the banter between Celestia and Luna.

Gummy's bit definitely took my off guard and was brilliant.  Also the chase scene with the bass canon and Twicane being referenced were hilarious.

So I enjoyed this episode and found it to be quite fun.

Edited by cmarston1
  • Brohoof 4

Yea bonbon, lyra   your "friends" 

~ ~

0u0

we all know its a canon ship

DAMN RIGHT

ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN, BECAUSE NEXT WEEK WE HAVE MORE BG PONY

CHOO CHOO!

*hype*

• Brohoof 1