Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something you can't stand the smell of?

yoonshi

For reasons I cannot explain, salad dressing.  I'm not entirely sure which kind, I think it's vinaigrette, but whenever I went past the sink (inevitably completely filled with dirty dishes because I lived with slobs) and there were bowls with salad dressing left in them it made me nauseous. I think one time it made me gag.

(edited)

Let's see... :wacko:

- Cat litter
- Zinc...it's evil. (Do not smell Zinc! I couldn't breathe! P.S. This was in Chemistry)
- Axe
- Hairspray
- Bus/car fumes
- Stinky breath
- Body odor

Edited by Mellifluous

• Sharpies
  • Paint
  • solder smoke (from working on electronics)
  • Burned up/failed electronics smell
  • Dead/rotten things
  • Deer off- That stuff should be illegal.
  • cooking seafood smell
  • cigarette smoke- I HATE being in a car with someone smoking.
  • weed smoke
  • ammonia
  • PINE-SOL: DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON MY STORY ON THAT :baconmane:
  • axe deodorant spray- It's not the worst smell, but it's just suffocatingly obnoxious :eww:
  • B.O.
  • Diesel exhaust
  • car exhaust (usually only smells on old cars or cars with a problem)
  • melting/burning rubber or plastic.
  • anything sewer related
  • some Indian food spice- I think curry

Oh yeah curry makes me sick to my stomach too, I was at a friend's apartment once eating Burger King and literally couldn't digest it, because my friend's neighbors were cooking curry.

Mashed potatoes... :eww: I was fine with them back when I ate them twice every weekend, but now I feel sick even being in the same room as them. >.<

Slurry. I live around farms and stuff so I have to put up with it...a lot ;_;

Man, I feel you Xo Sometimes it's worse than others, but when you get that horrible, sharp acidic slurry...God...

I'm also not too fond of silage, but it's not as bad at all.

However I'd have to say my least favourite smell would be rotten eggs or stale sweat.

Working in produce, there are quite a number of things I can't stand the smell of.

Spinach, tomatoes, rotten potatoes, and finally corn. More specifically, I can't stand the smell of corn when I have to cut and package it.

Valerian root a pill that is supposed to help you go to sleep. This stuff literally smells like rotten sweaty socks...

I also hate the smell of cigarettes oh god how I hate that rancid smell.

• 2 months later...

Spoiled milk, my god.

One time I was sorting out recycling and someone forgot to clean out the small bits in the milk and ice cream container, and it ended up becoming spoiled, which I smelled. It literally made me nauseous for the entire day.

My dad is really experimental with his food and he often makes all sorts of meals with strange meats. The smell of pork loin and lamb cooking is nauseating, I really can't stand the stuff.

I don't like too much dog smell, sometimes when overwrought with the smell on my clothes or they licked me a whole bunch I feel the need to wash myself and I start to feel pretty queasy. I absolutely hate sulfur or horrible sweat order as well. I usually don't handle a whiff of someone's breath well too. Humans just smell so bad sometimes.

One smell that I can't ultimately stand, is chlorine, but the one I smelled recently was very aged and old and it smelled terrible and it was so unbearable for my nose that the smell stayed in my olfactory spot for the rest of the day

Freshly cut grass. Everyone else seems to love it, but I hate it so much.

Raw fish.

The smell of metal (The metal smell you get from coins)

Cabbage

Exhaust fumes

Cigarettes (Oh god when it sticks to your clothing)

Onions... how can anyone ever cook those things? :eww:

Bleach. I actually feel physically sick whenever I smell it. Like it's eating away my insides.

My fridge, which I have to hold my breath to every time I open it. Clearly there are things in there that should never be put together, but I can't tell what without smelling it, and its too overpowering.

I can't step foot into "The Blue Buddha", a shop that sell incence, crystals, etc. at the local shopping forums..

The smell of incense is fine, but it's the fact that there is so much that it smothers together an just becomes an

overpowering cluster of smells.. to the point where i can walk out of the store and can't smell anything for hours on end..

Cigarette smoke.. I hate it.. and it doesn't help that (for some reason) I'm super sensitive to the scent..

I can tell if someone is smoking even from fairly far distances, and i usually move away to avoid it..

There are a few other smells i can't stand.. but too much to list atm, as I'm feeling

hungry right now, so I'm gonna cook up something and post more stuff later..

Edited by AURAequine

Formaldehyde. It wouldn't even be so bad if you just did what you had to do with it, then move on, but it tend to stay it my sinuses for some reason. After my first dissection, I was smelling it for three days afterwards.