Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Something you can't stand the smell of?

yoonshi

I live on the East coast. There's this tree called the Honey Locust. It has these long flat, and sort of twisty seed pods. OMG, I can't stand the smell of them! It's this weird sickly sweet stench. The stupid things are an invasive tree, and aren't even supposed to be in New Jersey. I grew up with several on the block. Every fall when the pods dropped, I would gag if I came to close to one. Yuck! 

Another thing I can't stand. The smell of leaking anti-freeze on a hot day. It also has a sickly sweet burnt kind of smell.

I think there's a theme here.

• Brohoof 1

My sense of smell has degraded greatly since birth, so not that much bothers me. Except vinegar. I cannot stay around it long before i feel the need to vomit. Awful.

Creamed corn, Lima beans, sour milk, vomit, dog breath, farts (the real nasty gamma bombs that have been gestating in the pipes for days) and the old leftovers in the back of the fridge that I forgot to toss out last month.  :awuh:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 years later...

There is only one smell that offends my nostrils and it is something I fortunately haven't encountered for a long time since I've gone technically self employed. It is an evil and vile smell that can be found within staff rooms during lunch breaks. You'll be sitting there minding your own business while enjoying your lunch. When suddenly, someone enters the staff room and puts a sausage roll or cornish pasty in the staff room microwave. That smell has ruined many a lunch break. No matter where I have worked... Even during the one week of work experience I did during my school days. There has always been somebody who has done that. To the Moon with them!

I've already mentioned a couple of times how much I dislike the smell of cucumber. :unamused: I envy the people who say they can't smell it at all – I find it really stinging and awful... There's also one brand of margarine that has a really vile smell, with similar effects.

I'm hypersensitive to smells so I could list a lot of things, but the two I mentioned are the worst. Besides the smells that everyone finds unpleasant of course! :please:

Edited by Tacodidra
  • Brohoof 4

I can't stand the smell of American cheese, bacon (I know, I don't like bacon at all), vomit, skunks, my cat's wet food, and... marijuana (I live in a state where it was legalized and one whiff of lingering pot smoke makes me want to cough up all of my internal organs).

• Brohoof 1

There's a few certain people I see sometimes who always have the same unique stench. Whether it's weird lotion or poor hygiene, I don't really know. I also dislike cigarette smoke, and I especially can't stand the smell of marijuana. It's become even more common since it was legalized in my country, unfortunately for me.

• Brohoof 2