Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What if the background ponies were the Mane Six?

Soaring Symphony

(edited)

A little while ago, purely by chance, I found this picture while browsing the interwebss

the_background_mane_6_elements_of_harmon

This got me thinking.  Let's say that there's some crazy alternate timeline where Twilight never got sent to Ponyville.  In this other world, when nightmare moon attacked, six other ponies (the six most prominent background ponies) stood up to the challenge and became the Mane Six of that world instead of the ponies we know as the mane six from the show itself. If that happened, Who would be the rightful bearers of of which elements.  I think laughter would go to Vinyl (because she's a party animal), Kindness would go to Derpy (for obvious reasons) and if Vinyl is laughter then magic would have to go the only other unicorn.....Lyra.  As for the other ponies, I have no bucking clue.  What all you Bronies and Pegasisters think?????    

Edited by Soaring Symphony
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

I love that picture and think your alternate timeline is interesting.

I don't see why Twilight not getting sent to Ponyville would prevent any of the remaining five from being a hero, though.

Edited by Greppertas
  • Brohoof 1

There's a whole fan-made SFM movie on youtube about the alternate element bearers.  It was....ok, not great.

But if the background ponies had been the mane six, then the fandom would pick apart everything they do and hate on them all the time, while at the same time writing amazing fanfics about the current mane six, who would be background ponies, and speculating everything about their personalities and wishing we could see more of them.

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

There's a whole fan-made SFM movie on youtube about the alternate element bearers. It was....ok, not great.

Could you please post a link to that (or at least tell us it's name) so that other people can look it up and judge it for themselves?????

Edited by Serenade

Could you please post a link to that (or at least tell us it's name) so that other people can look it up judge it for themselves?????

Oh yeah, sure....um....actually I don't think it was SFM after all.  I think it was just regular Flash.  Hang on...

You know what?  I've been searching youtube for 20 minutes and I can't find the damn thing.  This is buggin me.  I can't for the life of my remember what it was called.  If I'm thinking of the right one, it began with a monologue by Derpy talking about her childhood and why she is the way she is.  It might have had "Derpy" in the title.  I could have sworn it had the word "lightning" in the title.  I've been searching for "mlp derpy lighting", and one of the top results is Frozen.  Like, the whole friggin movie for sale in it's entirety.  Great.  Thanks, youtube, that's really helpful.  That's exactly what I was looking for.  So, idk, I'll search again later, maybe.  I give up for now.  Sorry.  Good luck.  Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

• 4 months later...
(edited)
On 6/5/2015 at 6:17 AM, Justin_Case001 said:

Oh yeah, sure....um....actually I don't think it was SFM after all.  I think it was just regular Flash.  Hang on...

You know what?  I've been searching youtube for 20 minutes and I can't find the damn thing.  This is buggin me.  I can't for the life of my remember what it was called.  If I'm thinking of the right one, it began with a monologue by Derpy talking about her childhood and why she is the way she is.  It might have had "Derpy" in the title.  I could have sworn it had the word "lightning" in the title.  I've been searching for "mlp derpy lighting", and one of the top results is Frozen.  Like, the whole friggin movie for sale in it's entirety.  Great.  Thanks, youtube, that's really helpful.  That's exactly what I was looking for.  So, idk, I'll search again later, maybe.  I give up for now.  Sorry.  Good luck.  Hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about.

I think I know what video you're talking about.  Is this it???

Edited by Soaring Symphony
  • Brohoof 1